Photo

What is going on with sideline swap shipping?

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 Tucker17

Tucker17

Posted 24 November 2022 - 02:38 PM

I’ve been on SLS for years buying and selling things. Sometimes the shipping costs are high but now it’s not even worth using. For me to buy something in the same province I’m in now costs $23USD to have gloves shipped. It sure to be $13-14 which was much more reasonable. I saw one from BC that was $27 to ship a pair of gloves. I paid $15 2 years ago for elbow pads shipping. Does anyone else have this same issue? Is there any more affordable pro stock websites out there? Thanks!

#2 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 24 November 2022 - 03:16 PM

Shipping prices have gone up. It cost me $27 after tax to ship a pair of gloves to the GTA which is just over an hour away from me. And that’s with my canadapost small business discount.

#3 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 24 November 2022 - 04:28 PM

SLS aside, shipping prices have gone up through USPS in the states. Flat rate boxes have also increased in price. More inflation…

#4 Moose

Moose

Posted 25 November 2022 - 11:13 AM

I can’t ship anything in province (Ontario) for less than $20. A stick to Quebec cost me $56 and a gloves out west cost nearly 30 jammed into the smallest box.

#5 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 25 November 2022 - 12:58 PM

USPS prices went up. Flat rate priority went up about a dollar, which is not so bad. Biggest issue is with sticks, which now are oversized and have extra fees. I have a brother in law in LA and we both line similar stick specs. We used to ship each other sticks to try and used to pay 7 or 8 bucks to ship a single stick. Now it's like 30+. And Canadian post went up a lot too. I'm considering not dealing with Canadian shipping anymore

#6 Moose

Moose

Posted 25 November 2022 - 06:02 PM

I’m lucky for my PO Box just over the border in NY - especially when PSH wants $73 US to ship to Canada and only $16 to NY

If anyone is within a decent driving distance to the border I highly suggest PO Boxes - many of them are as low as $5-6 a box

#7 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 26 November 2022 - 12:07 PM

I thought this was going to be a post about how Play It Again Sports has FLOODED SLS lately and made it near impossible to sell anything.

#8 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 26 November 2022 - 08:37 PM

I thought this was going to be a post about how Play It Again Sports has FLOODED SLS lately and made it near impossible to sell anything.

Lol that too. It makes the usability of SLS very annoying

#9 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 26 November 2022 - 08:51 PM

THIS. The dozens of pages/thousands of Play It Again listings have made it impossible for individuals to sell anything. My listings get around 5 views, then just die off as soon as PIAS stores start posting their gear dumps. These PIAS listings usually only have one low-quality picture and no description, which wouldn't fly with any other sellers. Most of the gear they list is thrashed and (in my opinion) should be donated to youth programs/Goodwill or thrown away. A lot of their listings in the hockey section aren't even hockey gear ex. quad skates, recreational skates and pads, figure skates, bicycle helmets, etc. I wish PIAS stores would be given their own dedicated section on the website or (in my opinion) not be allowed on the site at all since they already have their own online commerce platform on playitagainsports.com. There must be a secret handshake-type partnership between SLS and PIAS because no one else would be allowed to flood the site with thousands of listings at a time. PIAS Dedham once posted 32 consecutive pages, which is over 1,400 listings! So much for small-time hobbyists like us trying to make a few bucks selling extra gear. 

After shipping and taxes, who is buying THIS? Not to mention, posting more than 20 listings in 24 hours is considered spam by SLS's own terms of service and anyone else would get flagged.

eba98d4f7c3bcfcf_original.jpeg

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#10 jagrnaut

jagrnaut
  • LocationMeridian, ID

Posted 16 December 2022 - 11:30 AM

THIS. The dozens of pages/thousands of Play It Again listings have made it impossible for individuals to sell anything. My listings get around 5 views, then just die off as soon as PIAS stores start posting their gear dumps. These PIAS listings usually only have one low-quality picture and no description, which wouldn't fly with any other sellers. Most of the gear they list is thrashed and (in my opinion) should be donated to youth programs/Goodwill or thrown away. A lot of their listings in the hockey section aren't even hockey gear ex. quad skates, recreational skates and pads, figure skates, bicycle helmets, etc. I wish PIAS stores would be given their own dedicated section on the website or (in my opinion) not be allowed on the site at all since they already have their own online commerce platform on playitagainsports.com. There must be a secret handshake-type partnership between SLS and PIAS because no one else would be allowed to flood the site with thousands of listings at a time. PIAS Dedham once posted 32 consecutive pages, which is over 1,400 listings! So much for small-time hobbyists like us trying to make a few bucks selling extra gear. 

After shipping and taxes, who is buying THIS?

I thought it was only me who gets super annoyed with this.  It blows to spend money on the bumps only to have visibility for a few seconds.  No one is buying their crappy gloves, it definitely takes away the fun when you need to spend so much money to promote your items. 

#11 Tucker17

Tucker17

Posted 30 December 2022 - 03:10 AM

Thanks for all the replies. Yeah it’s horrible now with all the junk from PIAS. ps are those Disney elbow pads pro stock? 🤣

#12 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 30 December 2022 - 07:43 PM

Thankfully, the PIAS problem appears to be solved...for now. I see a few PIAS listings from time to time, but only 10 or so listings in a row. It's been like this for about a week or so and hopefully SLS keeps it this way. I've been making a lot of post-Christmas sales after not making a single sale for a month and a half.

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer.