Photo

Shops in tri-state area who can do skate tongue swap?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 BesToss

BesToss
  • LocationJersey City, NJ

Posted 20 December 2022 - 02:23 PM

As the title said, I have a pair of custom 2S Pro and absolutely love them, but the felt tongues are so worn they start to give me lace bite. I'd prefer not giving up the skates and just put in a new set of tongues. Does anyone know any pro shop who can do this kind of work? Thanks in advance.

#2 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 21 December 2022 - 05:35 PM

A shoe repair shop might be able to do it. They're easier to find.

#3 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 22 December 2022 - 01:04 AM

NYC Edgemaster - Billy Nevins is just over the bridge from you in Brooklyn Queens. He does excellent work and will be able to set you up with new tongues. https://www.instagra.../nycedgemaster/

Billy helped me find a profiling machine (SSM Profil) and I couldn't be happier with it. As someone that runs a similar shop, I can assure you that the extra cost for these types of services is worth it. It's better to spend the money upfront and have it done right the first time. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#4 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 22 December 2022 - 09:33 AM

Can second Billy, great work and very reliable. (He's in Queens, not Brooklyn iirc, but either way). You won't be disappointed if you go with him. Keep in mind, he's on the pricier side, and when I was living in NY I found it more cost effective to mail work out, and it was also more convenient than driving to Elmhurst or wherever he is. But he did roller conversions and sharpening/profiling for a few guys I know and the work was perfect.

#5 BesToss

BesToss
  • LocationJersey City, NJ

Posted 04 February 2023 - 08:58 PM

An update: decided to grab a pair of new Hyperlites and sent them to Billy for tongue swap. He was very easy to work with and his work is just perfect.

Just picked up the skates today. Can't wait to try them out.

7twp3Yk.jpg

Huge thanks to everyone here for the referral!