Photo

SLS Website Problems

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 13 January 2023 - 01:10 PM

Hey Guy's , Been having problem's with this site for a few week's now , now today can't get to my swaps page at all & I have sales that have been delivered yesterday , today & next week. They always have problems with this site. Is this happening to any one else.

#2 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 13 January 2023 - 02:15 PM

After you clicked on my swaps. You need to click on buy or sell to see transactions. That is new, not sure if you tried that

#3 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 13 January 2023 - 02:23 PM

The My swaps page just came back , but when I click on swap , it does not come up & say's Resource not found. I knew about the new buy / sell option

#4 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 13 January 2023 - 04:02 PM

SLS's code is terrible. I'm not sure who their coders are, but I wouldn't be surprised if they had interns doing it for free. There are always bugs and errors, which take forever to fix - if they are even fixed at all. I'm constantly logged out and 404'ed on both the web browser and mobile app. They unnecessarily change the interface every few weeks, which causes a lot of issues. SLS has potential, but they spend way too much time tweaking the site and causing more unnecessary problems. They really need to focus on on improving the user experience, moderating the feed, and banning trolls/spammers/scammers instead of treating their website like a 2006-era Myspace page. It was a terrible idea to move hockey jerseys and socks into the "apparel" section, but allow quad skates, bicycle helmets, and other non-hockey items to be sold in the hockey section. The worst part IMO is that they refuse to develop a simple BLOCK button, which is essential for any sort of e-commerce and social media platform, especially one marketed toward kids and teenagers. Every other website allows users to block and auto-reject offers, so SLS really needs to get with the program.

To fix a specific issue, I recommend contacting them directly through social media like Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, etc. If you use the customer service form, they'll just give you an automated, copy and paste response along the lines of, "We're working on it, sorry for the inconvenience."

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer.