Photo

Bauer discontinuing 4500?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 rbark11

rbark11
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 25 January 2023 - 01:26 PM

Took a look through the Bauer 2023 catalog, and noticed they weren’t showing any 4500 helmets. Does anyone know of Bauer is discontinuing it?

#2 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 25 January 2023 - 01:56 PM

They're probably discontinuing it at retail, I bet the profit margin for it is not as good as the other more expensive helmets and they probably don't sell as many (how many youth players do you see wearing them?  I know the beer league market will be sad lol).  I'm sure they'll keep making them for the pros just how CCM still makes the V08 for pros (and the occasional retail run that ends up at Dicks).

- Jon

#3 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 25 January 2023 - 04:28 PM

It's being discontinued at the retail level, but will still be available at the pro level. There should still be plenty of pro stock 4500's floating around, similar to the V08 right now. It can't hurt to stock up on some extras while you can, as second-hand prices will most likely be inflated once stores sell out of their stock. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#4 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 03 February 2023 - 10:36 AM

Bauer B2B shows more 4500's coming in stock around May. Not sure I really believe it but that's what its showing right now. 

#5 Dishmaster

Dishmaster

Posted 14 February 2023 - 01:20 AM

Such a boring looking lid

#6 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 14 February 2023 - 01:21 AM

Such a boring looking lid

Somebody chose violence today