Photo

Custom AX1's

• Please log in to reply
69 replies to this topic

#1 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 25 March 2023 - 09:50 PM

Found. If you wish to order your own, read the details in this thread and coordinate it with other members. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#2 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 26 March 2023 - 03:24 AM

I spoke with a Warrior rep about four months ago looking to place another custom Covert order. When we spoke they upped the minimum order to 6, raised the price of the gloves pretty substantially, and got rid of the ability to customize details like gusset height. Was a major bummer

#3 Awkoshi

Awkoshi

Posted 27 March 2023 - 12:39 PM

Just placed an order for 6 custom QRL gloves from Just Hockey: Source for Sports in Toronto.

Here are some notes from on the customization options and my experience so far. Planning on doing an in-depth review when the gloves arrive.  

• The minimum order is six gloves. The silver lining, however, is that I was given the freedom to mix and match colours -- the actual specs of each glove just had to be the same. I ended up going with two black gloves, two Coyotes coloured gloves, one royal blue glove, and "Winter Classic-inspired" glove. 

• Sean Ogden, the employee at Just Hockey who helped with my order, was fantastic. However, he expressed that Warrior doesn't have a set order form that includes the different customization options that you can use. At the start of the process, there was a lot of sending pictures and descriptions, then Sean having to check with his Warrior rep if they're able to do that customization. For example, I had to send pictures and have the Warrior rep confirm that they could do an Easton E-Pro cuff. I never bothered asking if they can do the funnel or Zetterberg, but I suspect that they can for a price. 

• Less related to the Warrior gloves but Sean was really great with communication. It definitely made the process easier. 

• I was told that they can do the AX1, QR10, QRE, and QRL. I didn't ask about any other models, since I was looking specifically for the QRL.

• Six different palm and gusset options that cover the basics (ie. digital, mustang, micronash, clarino). A good selection but nothing mindblowing like coloured palms, etc. 

• I was told there weren't any options for changing the liner or foam package, I was locked into the blue Wartech liner and an "NHL-standard" trilam foam package. I'm not sure if this was because I went with the QRL and if it would have been possible to get different foam packages with a different model. 

• Echoing what Mdwsta4 said, I had some challenges trying to get them to adjust gusset height. I was told that they couldn't adjust the height but they could adjust the length? From there, I decided to skip shortening the gusset height altogether to avoid confusion.

• I didn't play around too much with material. I wanted all Tuftek and they were able to accomodate.  

• To try and be as specific as possible, I used Photoshop and some blank Warrior QRL glove templates to design each colourway I wanted, along with the specific materials, etc. Sean and the Warrior rep sent back mockups shortly after, I had no issues getting the colours, designs, and materials I wanted. 

• I won't directly share the price of the gloves but they definitely weren't cheap. For general reference, I'd say they're individually priced fairly close to a fully customized Eagle glove. 

Overall, I was happy with the customization options that I was offered -- although to be fair, my overall glove specs are nothing out of the ordinary, save for a shortened Easton E-Pro cuff. I'll have to wait and see what the gloves look like when they arrive but up till this point, I've been really happy with my experience working with Sean and Just Hockey. 

#4 Dasuchin

Dasuchin
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 March 2023 - 01:04 PM

"Winter Classic-inspired" glove.

Do you mean Stars/Wild/Bruins tan colored?

#5 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 27 March 2023 - 02:11 PM

Just placed an order for 6 custom QRL gloves from Just Hockey: Source for Sports in Toronto.

Here are some notes from on the customization options and my experience so far. Planning on doing an in-depth review when the gloves arrive.  

• The minimum order is six gloves. The silver lining, however, is that I was given the freedom to mix and match colours -- the actual specs of each glove just had to be the same. I ended up going with two black gloves, two Coyotes coloured gloves, one royal blue glove, and "Winter Classic-inspired" glove. 

• Sean Ogden, the employee at Just Hockey who helped with my order, was fantastic. However, he expressed that Warrior doesn't have a set order form that includes the different customization options that you can use. At the start of the process, there was a lot of sending pictures and descriptions, then Sean having to check with his Warrior rep if they're able to do that customization. For example, I had to send pictures and have the Warrior rep confirm that they could do an Easton E-Pro cuff. I never bothered asking if they can do the funnel or Zetterberg, but I suspect that they can for a price. 

• Less related to the Warrior gloves but Sean was really great with communication. It definitely made the process easier. 

• I was told that they can do the AX1, QR10, QRE, and QRL. I didn't ask about any other models, since I was looking specifically for the QRL.

• Six different palm and gusset options that cover the basics (ie. digital, mustang, micronash, clarino). A good selection but nothing mindblowing like coloured palms, etc. 

• I was told there weren't any options for changing the liner or foam package, I was locked into the blue Wartech liner and an "NHL-standard" trilam foam package. I'm not sure if this was because I went with the QRL and if it would have been possible to get different foam packages with a different model. 

• Echoing what Mdwsta4 said, I had some challenges trying to get them to adjust gusset height. I was told that they couldn't adjust the height but they could adjust the length? From there, I decided to skip shortening the gusset height altogether to avoid confusion.

• I didn't play around too much with material. I wanted all Tuftek and they were able to accomodate.  

• To try and be as specific as possible, I used Photoshop and some blank Warrior QRL glove templates to design each colourway I wanted, along with the specific materials, etc. Sean and the Warrior rep sent back mockups shortly after, I had no issues getting the colours, designs, and materials I wanted. 

• I won't directly share the price of the gloves but they definitely weren't cheap. For general reference, I'd say they're individually priced fairly close to a fully customized Eagle glove. 

Overall, I was happy with the customization options that I was offered -- although to be fair, my overall glove specs are nothing out of the ordinary, save for a shortened Easton E-Pro cuff. I'll have to wait and see what the gloves look like when they arrive but up till this point, I've been really happy with my experience working with Sean and Just Hockey. 

This is great information, thanks! I will contact them for further info. I'm not looking for anything out of the the ordinary, just standard QRE's and AX1's. I just want to make sure the sizes and colors are correct, which have both been an issue in the past. I'm going to submit them via photoshop as well with the exact hex codes just to make sure. 

#6 Dasuchin

Dasuchin
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 27 March 2023 - 02:25 PM

This is great information, thanks! I will contact them for further info. I'm not looking for anything out of the the ordinary, just standard QRE's and AX1's. I just want to make sure the sizes and colors are correct, which have both been an issue in the past. I'm going to submit them via photoshop as well with the exact hex codes just to make sure. 

If it's true that you can mix and match colors, then feel free to reach out to me. I may be interested in getting in on an order if you don't want 6 to yourself.

#7 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 27 March 2023 - 02:32 PM

Ya I would do a couple pairs

#8 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 27 March 2023 - 02:32 PM

I just reached out to Sean and will report back.

#9 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:03 PM

If other guys want to go in on 6, I’m happy to start another order with Sean. That was my hesitation before as I didn’t want to be stuck with stuff.

Echo the above detailed breakdown. Sean is great! The ordering process has changed a bit since pre-Covid but overall they’re real accommodating

#10 markov94

markov94
  • LocationSarnia Ont,...then Lakeland FLA....then back to Sarnia

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:22 PM

If other guys want to go in on 6, I’m happy to start another order with Sean. That was my hesitation before as I didn’t want to be stuck with stuff.

Echo the above detailed breakdown. Sean is great! The ordering process has changed a bit since pre-Covid but overall they’re real accommodating

I'll do 1..

#11 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 27 March 2023 - 03:43 PM

I would do a pair of QRLs and AX1s if you do it

#12 Awkoshi

Awkoshi

Posted 27 March 2023 - 05:43 PM

Do you mean Stars/Wild/Bruins tan colored?

Not quite! I realize I might've been thinking about the wrong jerseys when I wrote that. 

One of the gloves I made is basically like a maroon version of Winnipeg's Reverse Retro glove from this year -- swapping out the baby blue and navy for maroon and black, respectively. I got the inspiration after another member posted what I believe were Chicago's Winter Classic gloves (white cuff, black backhand, red fingers) from a few years back. 

No worries! Feel free to message if you have any questions. Fortunately, the mockups the Warrior Rep/Sean sent me included the colour of the fabric, so I was able to confirm. I was also told that they could use they exact same maroon that Arizona uses, I just had to ask for it. 

#13 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 27 March 2023 - 06:07 PM

I got the inspiration after another member posted what I believe were Chicago's Winter Classic gloves (white cuff, black backhand, red fingers) from a few years back.

You may be thinking of mine. 2015 Blackhawks winter classic QRLs. The glove model didn’t exist at that time

#14 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 28 March 2023 - 09:47 AM

I am assuming it has to be 6 gloves of the same model? If so what are you guys going with?

#15 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:22 AM

If there's enough for Karlsson-Style AX1s with the funnel cuff, I'd hop on that train.

#16 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 28 March 2023 - 11:32 AM

If there's enough for Karlsson-Style AX1s with the funnel cuff, I'd hop on that train.

Exactly my thoughts haha

#17 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 28 March 2023 - 02:04 PM

I received an email back. They aren't taking any more custom orders for a few months and all orders must have the same glove model, size, and specs. Therefore, all those that want X size AX1's must place an order together, those that want X size QRE's must place an order together, etc.

"Thank you for reaching out I just saw the post just now and after I submitted his order our rep was told by Warriors Pro department that we unfortunately have to hold off on submitting more custom gloves as they received a wack of custom gloves from the NHL that would backlog them for at least 2 months. Now we can still put an order in our rep told me but it would not get inputted in to the system until they can take more orders again which he is anticipating to be Mid-April so this gives us some time to go over specs.

Now in my experience the gloves need to be the same model, size & specs just to keep things running smooth at the factory but we can do a few different colour ways on them. Please send me as much information as you can so we can start the process to get things finalized and submitted so they are first in line."

#18 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 28 March 2023 - 02:26 PM

If you want to place your own order, please refer to the contact information in this thread. 

#19 Adam

Adam

Posted 02 April 2023 - 09:51 AM

Is that price in USD or CAD since you’re dealing with a store in canada? Crazy what cost of custom gloves has ballooned to.

#20 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 03 April 2023 - 12:18 PM

Is that price in USD or CAD since you’re dealing with a store in canada? Crazy what cost of custom gloves has ballooned to.

my thoughts exactly. I was interested until I saw $300+

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......