Photo

Custom Pro Repair

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 16 April 2023 - 09:06 PM

On custom pro repairs’s website it says closed to the public. Are they no longer doing repairs for consumers and only pros? That’s a real bummer. Anyone as good as them?

#2 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 17 April 2023 - 07:21 AM

I don't think anyone is "as good" but ITR does some great work:

http://www.sports2k....e-2#entry385477

- Jon

#3 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 25 April 2023 - 11:06 AM

Dang... wanted to send them a pair of Franchises to get a cuff mod.

Custom everything.

#4 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 25 April 2023 - 11:24 AM

They have a huge back log of customer gloves plus the constant stream of pro gloves. Ken said that once they get through the current customer gloves they will accept more in small amounts to do in the off seasons

#5 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 25 April 2023 - 05:00 PM

Anyone as good as them?

No. There won't be for a long time, if ever. ITR Hockey is your best bet at the moment. 

Repalming is very difficult, time consuming, and hard on the hands. It also requires an expensive and heavy-duty industrial sewing machine. Many can slap a pre-made palm onto a glove without removing the binding and cuffs, but doing it at a "pro level" requires tons of skill and concentration. If your tension is off or you miss a few stitches, the entire repalm is screwed up. I've tried it and it's much harder than I anticipated. I will not offer it as a service for a very long time, if ever. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#6 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 25 April 2023 - 07:06 PM

They have a huge back log of customer gloves plus the constant stream of pro gloves. Ken said that once they get through the current customer gloves they will accept more in small amounts to do in the off seasons

God bless those two.  Have you heard if they're training apprentices to carry on their work when they retire?

Custom everything.

#7 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 25 April 2023 - 07:08 PM

God bless those two. Have you heard if they're training apprentices to carry on their work when they retire?

Lol the last message I sent to Ken was about this and he never replied lol

#8 Atl buff

Atl buff
  • LocationCO

Posted 19 May 2023 - 12:54 PM

Damn looks like they’re calling it quits.

#9 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 19 May 2023 - 01:55 PM

End of an era.  It was a great run.  They did some amazing things.  I've got 3 pairs they worked on that are still some of my favorites.

#10 nhlfan79

nhlfan79
  • LocationAtlanta, GA

Posted 19 May 2023 - 03:00 PM

#11 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 19 May 2023 - 03:28 PM

I figured this would be coming sooner rather than later. The few repalms I attempted killed my hands, now imagine doing that for thousands of gloves over the course of 8 years with CPR and years at Warrior as well. I hope Pat and Ken find success in whatever avenue they choose next. They are both A+ human beings. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#12 90Style10Skill

90Style10Skill

Posted 19 May 2023 - 09:51 PM

I wasn't planning on drinking tonight but...

Custom everything.