Photo

Ccm As-v Skates

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 blazer88

blazer88
  • Locationlong island n.y

Posted 27 April 2023 - 02:16 PM

Hey Guy's , Thinking of buying the AS-V model , any thoughts on the tapered vs normal width models would really help me. Thanks

#2 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 27 April 2023 - 04:38 PM

If you're usually a D width, go with the regular. The tapered is very narrow and best for players that wear C width or have more narrow heels. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#3 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 27 April 2023 - 08:18 PM

How would a vapor fit 2 compare to a asv tapered ?

#4 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 27 April 2023 - 10:54 PM

I've never worn those two side by side, but so can't tell you. Your best bet with any skate is to try them on in person. However, the Bauer and CCM systems are pretty similar. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#5 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 27 April 2023 - 11:03 PM

D/R width's fit me good in the toes & heel , but almost always I have a little to much room in the forefoot , that's why I'm thinking getting tapered. This ASV Tack's deal is from a shop in Canada ( I'm in New York ) , so I can't try them on

#6 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 27 April 2023 - 11:19 PM

D/R in which skate?

#7 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 27 April 2023 - 11:45 PM

D/R in which skate?

Graf 7900 , first Jet speed model , Graf f60 , Ultra tacks , 

#8 Cavs019

Cavs019

Posted 27 April 2023 - 11:53 PM

If youre comfortable with a D width in the pre-FT4 Jetspeed on the old fit system I’d definitely go Tapered. That’s where I line up and the regular width in all 3 skates/Tacks D are too wide in the forefoot for me.

#9 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 28 April 2023 - 10:56 AM

If youre comfortable with a D width in the pre-FT4 Jetspeed on the old fit system I’d definitely go Tapered. That’s where I line up and the regular width in all 3 skates/Tacks D are too wide in the forefoot for me.

Well the D width on the pre FT4's was too wide. Even though Bauer & Ccm have this new fit system , do the different line of skate's , jetspeeds / vapor ( tapered ) , Tacks / supreme ( normal ) , Ribcor ( flexible ) carry those fit's in general.

#10 blazer88

blazer88

Posted 28 April 2023 - 03:01 PM

Talked with a sales Rep at store over the phone , He felt heel lock was most important. I went with the tapered AS-V's