Photo

Tron Hockey Sticks?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 weskuz

weskuz
  • LocationPA

Posted 07 July 2012 - 02:35 PM

I did a search and did not find any thread on Tron hockey sticks. Was wondering if anyone has tried them out? They look like they are basically a clone of the RS and Mako sticks. Maybe from the same factory.
Tron Hockey
-Looking for Warrior Goligoski gloves
-Looking for Florida Everblades gear

#2 Half

Half
  • LocationPortland, OR

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:10 PM

I did a search and did not find any thread on Tron hockey sticks. Was wondering if anyone has tried them out? They look like they are basically a clone of the RS and Mako sticks. Maybe from the same factory.
Tron Hockey

My brother bought one and let me use it in warm ups. Felt like a log with terrible good puck feel.

#3 Brian

Brian

Posted 07 July 2012 - 03:13 PM

lol, those are ridiculous.
I've checked out the 405 ones in the shop a few times. Look pretty shitty. Would never use one.

#4 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:31 PM

i wouldnt judge too hard, their Elite sticks are actually Total ones repainted with a tron logo

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#5 Brian

Brian

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:38 PM

Checked that one out in store too. Wasn't impressed. The carbon weave was so bad on them. That was the first impression I got.

#6 Tapiolaboy13

Tapiolaboy13

Posted 07 July 2012 - 08:50 PM

I own 3 tron LE/legacy twigs and for the price its a quality stick, extremely durable, broke two, but they held up admirably for months of abuse. Bought the Elite, super pumped with the performance, but it broke in two weeks, got the replacement, broke that in 3 weeks in the exact same spot, Haven't bought one since. Have never tried the 405, friends have and they like it.

Will not hesitate to buy the LE again when I need a new stick.

New version of the elite says they have changed some things, don't know if it will get me to buy one though.

If your on a budget you cannot go wrong... head and shoulders above the other sticks in the price range.

You can rag on them for not being the same or close to the total one or mako or whatever they claim to be, but who ever made it in the selling business by down playing their product? They are good people to deal with from my experience too.

#7 auditory

auditory
  • Locationflorida

Posted 07 July 2012 - 10:50 PM

i wouldnt judge too hard, their Elite sticks are actually Total ones repainted with a tron logo

I thought I read something about they had them painted with the image of a total one weave (to make it look like a real total one) with their graphics over them but I could be wrong.

#8 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 07 July 2012 - 11:45 PM

I thought I read something about they had them painted with the image of a total one weave (to make it look like a real total one) with their graphics over them but I could be wrong.

The story is that when bauer shut down its second factory in china or japan after they came out with the total ones they left the product in there and sold the product/factory to tron for ridiculously cheap

most of the stick in there were not finished as far as decals so tron went in and put "TRON" where bauer normally sits.

that's literally it. and the lower end sticks, well bauer too has lower end sticks, total one, one100, and down it goes if you get what i mean

#9 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 08 July 2012 - 06:42 AM

If they are the same, why would the Tron sticks be lighter? The chart on Tron's site shows the Elite at 415 grams and the T1 at 440...

#10 - M

- M

Posted 08 July 2012 - 07:15 AM

Felt the sticks in the store when I was in Cali a few months ago. They felt extremely low end and shitty. I'd much rather buy an older model stick on clearance or buy pro stock.

Many factories in Asia claim they produce sticks for Bauer and Easton. Look on any sourcing sites and you'll see. It's no better than all the factories that claim they make genuine Reebok jerseys at wholesale prices. At the end of the day they're knockoffs.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#11 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 10 July 2012 - 04:45 PM

you should expect what you pay for. if its less, get pissed. if its better, hooray.

#12 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:45 PM

why get pissed? you paid the money willingly, its all on you, own up to it learn the lesson. Thats why i'd never buy a couple of different brand because i feel they're crap

#13 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 10 July 2012 - 09:58 PM

They are actually pretty decent sticks, definitely rather get a few trons over one retail stick.

The Tron Elite I will definitely pick up a few when they go for $49.99 again. They are selling a two pack of $160.00, their Jarvis curve is very nice too.

The "new" Elite are $240 for two, a bit too much for me right now, but their prices always seem to drop all the time.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#14 - M

- M

Posted 11 July 2012 - 03:26 AM

The fact that they hang counterfeit jerseys in the window of their Los Alamitos store should tell you something about the sticks.

#15 Tapiolaboy13

Tapiolaboy13

Posted 11 July 2012 - 06:54 AM

actually that means nothing

#16 Brian

Brian

Posted 11 July 2012 - 08:46 AM

I'd say it means something

#17 - M

- M

Posted 11 July 2012 - 02:37 PM

Hey guys I bought some sticks from Wal-Mart for $20. The guy working there told me they are made in the same factory as the Bauer Total ONE and Easton RS. You get the same performance for a fraction of the price!!!!!

#18 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 12 July 2012 - 12:41 AM

I remember when wall mart was selling Easton SI cores for 65$ for both the orange and candy apple red color which I think was grip version. I went & bought like 4.... I went to my LHS and showed the owner my receipt, he was selling them for 225$ he totally lost it!! He phoned Easton & told them to come and take all their stuff from his store! They ended up giving him some hockey bags to make up the difference so he was ok with it but I think of all the other mom & pop stores that were in the same boat.. Shitty. Funny never seen another high end stick at wall Mart ever again. Even more funny is when you broke that stick in the 30 day time period they replaced it with a stealth' what a deal!!
Sorry not a tron stick but a good story.. Lol

#19 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 12 July 2012 - 05:24 AM

I believe that, the walmart in avondale used to sell good hockey gear randomly.

back in the 90s that is when franklin was in the hockey business too and they sold Easton hockey sticks like good ones from the time, and some franklin shafts and replacement blades for them

#20 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 12 July 2012 - 06:14 AM

The fact that they hang counterfeit jerseys in the window of their Los Alamitos store should tell you something about the sticks.

Most Play It Again Sports I've walked into also sell them, in the end you don't have a gun to your head being forced to buy them.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said