Photo

PRICE DROP. MIA Hockey Gloves

• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#1 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:37 PM

I'm looking to trade my 14" Pro Stock MIA Hockey gloves made for Denis Hamel of the Ottawa Senators during the 07 season.

The gloves were repalmed prior to my ownership with a black clarino palm that is still in flawless shape.

The inner padding was also neatly removed, not sure if it was by the equipment manager, Denis himself or one of the previous owners of the gloves.

The gloves also feature a shortened cuff and the number "17" embroided in red.

LOOKING FOR $180 SHIPPED

If you have something interesting to offer feel free to PM me.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 29 July 2012 - 06:40 PM

What are you looking for?
WTB: Blackhawk Hossa Franchises

#3 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:17 PM

If i'm correct you bought those from my friend Casey, and those are not True MIA gloves, they're actually customs for Hamel, he had Warrior remove the warrior Cuff and imprint MIA on a blank one, so its pro stock Franchises during the MIA days but with a MIA imprint on the cuff. It's still flippin awesome....

with that said and i wanted them at the time.

What do you want for them?

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#4 JBarrera

JBarrera
  • LocationWindsor, ON

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:21 PM

Can I trade cash for it? :)

#5 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:32 PM

If i'm correct you bought those from my friend Casey, and those are not True MIA gloves, they're actually customs for Hamel, he had Warrior remove the warrior Cuff and imprint MIA on a blank one, so its pro stock Franchises during the MIA days but with a MIA imprint on the cuff. It's still flippin awesome....

So these are Warriors, that had the cuff stripped, and re-branded with a MIA cuff?

So what's the the deal with the thumb logo?

#6 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 29 July 2012 - 09:33 PM

with that said and i wanted them at the time.

What do you want for them?

Not true MIA gloves yet they're from MIA era? Not quite sure what you're saying Humberto since they couldn't have been branded as anything else since Warrior was not in the picture yet lol. Regardless I'll take your word for it and yes they are originally from Grayson.

Looking for another nice pair of gloves whether it be franchises, Cl's, whatever! wow me.

#7 Harv

Harv
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 29 July 2012 - 10:15 PM

I'm not seeing how these were branded as anything. I think there is a confusion with another pair of gloves.

Denis last played for Ottawa in early 2007. Warrior didn't have guys in gloves yet. They were still all in MIAs.

As seen here:

Posted Image

Then Denis ended up with Atlanta and Philly wear he also wore Custom MIAs.

Posted Image

Posted Image

He then went to the Binghamton Senators for the 2007-2008 season. We first started seeing guys in Warrior gloves at this time.

Since the AHL is a Reebok/CCM league he can't be in Warriors. So the EQM there was rebranding his Warriors as seen here:

(Not the same as his MIAs, pattern is different)

Posted Image

As well as his team mate:

Warrior silver shield

Posted Image

So my conclusion is that these are his real pre-Warrior MIAs from his time in Ottawa during the 2006-2007 season.

#8 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 29 July 2012 - 11:31 PM

It's not dude, Casey and i went through hell to find out the story and contacted copious ammounts of people for the low down. Finally a guy at warrior confirmed these were made as franchises, then they were branded at his request to have MIA not Warrior on the Cuff, and the MIA logo on the thumb not the Warrior/Mia logo like franchises had.

When he explained it we had to ask him like three times until he basically explained like we were retards.

These are franchises dressed as MIA

#9 Sabres

Sabres
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 July 2012 - 07:35 AM

Thanks fof info humberto! FYI Numan has a pr just like these?? Just different player? Cheers!

#10 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:15 AM

It's not dude, Casey and i went through hell to find out the story and contacted copious ammounts of people for the low down. Finally a guy at warrior confirmed these were made as franchises, then they were branded at his request to have MIA not Warrior on the Cuff, and the MIA logo on the thumb not the Warrior/Mia logo like franchises had.

When he explained it we had to ask him like three times until he basically explained like we were retards.

These are franchises dressed as MIA

Makes zero sense, especially considering they have the MIA thumb logo

#11 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:11 AM

Pics added and description updated!

#12 pdub

pdub
  • LocationBrantford, Ontario

Posted 30 July 2012 - 11:53 AM

Humberto you should stop commenting on Braden's gloves unless you are truly interested in acquiring them, you are trying to make these amazing gloves seem less valuable then they really are. Your explanation doesn't make complete sense and I am sure that these are authentic MIA's. :up:

#13 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 30 July 2012 - 09:51 PM

I'm not trying to talk bad about them, i'm trying to say they're actually super rare, but you guys can't seem to understand. So cheers.

#14 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:16 PM

Let's gett'r back on track here boys! If you're interested shoot me a trade offer :)

#15 conlon17

conlon17
  • LocationSt. Catharines, Ontario

Posted 30 July 2012 - 10:28 PM

Hey man I replied, didn't see you responeded!

#16 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 31 July 2012 - 02:24 PM

Pm's replied to. Still on the hunt.

#17 Sabres

Sabres
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 01 August 2012 - 06:46 AM

How about a cash offer? Will pm my offer bud! Ty

#18 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:54 AM

Thanks fof info humberto! FYI Numan has a pr just like these?? Just different player? Cheers!

Correct. Mine are Chris Neil's from ottawa
Posted Image

#19 darklight616

darklight616

Posted 01 August 2012 - 11:22 AM

damn those are nice numan.

#20 KidCoyote

KidCoyote
  • LocationBrantford, ON

Posted 01 August 2012 - 10:26 PM

Still listening to offers.