Photo

Breast Cancer Awareness Month

• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#1 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:11 PM

there seems to be an abundance of people who "show their support" by taping stuff pink and using pink laces, etc. If you are one of those people, i hope you equally donate the amount you spend on tape or laces to a charity. It honestly annoys me to see people go all pink just because everyone else is.

personally, i bought a couple rolls of black tape with the pink ribbons on it and use that every year (profits from the tape are donated) and also give what i can to an uncle who does a breast cancer run every year. I encourage you all to do the same if you can. :)

#2 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Can u get me that tape. I can't find it and been tryin forever to get it? Please pm me
ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY TEAM USA AND FLYERS GEAR..AND ANYTHING ELSE RARE

#3 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 06 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

hey man unfortunately i think renfrew stopped making the tape this year.. the roll i have i got last year (theyre wrapped in plastic so it lasts a pretty long time)but i think i saw some at my lhs, im probably gonna be in there tomorrow so i'll check it out!

#4 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 06 October 2012 - 10:01 PM

Thank u. I will take whatever there got left. That's if there is any
ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY TEAM USA AND FLYERS GEAR..AND ANYTHING ELSE RARE

#5 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:32 PM

The Montreal Stars of the CWHL are having a Breast Cancer game, I will be donating there.
Last year I won a few items in the silent auction, including some pink Easton gloves :D

Posted Image
Posted Image

This year, I will be bidding on a few more items :D
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#6 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:38 PM

hahah i would love to see you in an all pink setup!

#7 FearlessMadog

FearlessMadog
  • LocationCanada

Posted 06 October 2012 - 11:49 PM

I also donate by bidding on the breast cancer silent stick auction at the Kitchener rangers game every year. Last year I walked away with 2 of the lavender painted Easton RS
Posted Image

#8 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 07 October 2012 - 04:03 AM

I grew my hair out from 05 till now and cut it once a year so i can donate it to the cancer foundation so they could use it to make wigs for women.

i also donate money to research foundations and in college i would do fundraiser concerts for it but not to that susan komen foundation that tried to sue justin abdelkader for trying to do a fundraiser for cancer awareness. What a joke that is. (this from a red wings hater)

I've also done my part and not once have i taped my shit pink like the trend goes.

Like the original poster says, if you're taping i too hope you're equally donating money for it too.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#9 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 15 October 2012 - 01:33 AM

I designed a specialty jersey for the team that will be worn and auctioned off after the game, usually raise around $100k, this is the jersey

Posted Image

#10 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:06 AM

I donate 5% of my pay to Hockey Fights Cancer, I also run a small but honest charity helping cancer patients and others have the ability to be taken places if they are no longer capable of driving, or sit and watch movies and what not. It's a lot of fun for someone who deserves so much more.

Btw, I find nothing wrong with wearing or sporting the pink if you can't donate, Cancer Awareness is exactly that.

Now Cancer Research is another thing, which unfortunately not many of these big time companies like the NFL who are only giving 5% to Cancer Awareness. Sure I am donating only 5% myself but billionaire corporations like the NFL could do so much more.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#11 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 15 October 2012 - 02:10 AM

They should donate to Finding the Cure, Fighting Cancer, Cancer research, not awareness, all that pays is for susan G komen to say "Hi thanks for the check, next year if theres any money left from salaries i'll put up a billboard."

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#12 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:36 AM

I donate 5% of my pay to Hockey Fights Cancer, I also run a small but honest charity helping cancer patients and others have the ability to be taken places if they are no longer capable of driving, or sit and watch movies and what not. It's a lot of fun for someone who deserves so much more.

Btw, I find nothing wrong with wearing or sporting the pink if you can't donate, Cancer Awareness is exactly that.

Now Cancer Research is another thing, which unfortunately not many of these big time companies like the NFL who are only giving 5% to Cancer Awareness. Sure I am donating only 5% myself but billionaire corporations like the NFL could do so much more.

i think donating 5% of your pay is amazing. Donating $5 is good, so 5% is commendable.

#13 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 15 October 2012 - 06:39 PM

I've got a pink se16 I got from Numan way back I totally love it, wish more companies would do more stuff like this
Posted Image

#14 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 15 October 2012 - 08:00 PM

I've got a pink se16 I got from Numan way back I totally love it, wish more companies would do more stuff like this
Posted Image

That's sick, never seen that before

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#15 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 16 October 2012 - 02:11 AM

That's sick, never seen that before

Only made about 20 of them. Super super rare my buddy was the head eqm for a team that had like 10 though

#16 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 16 October 2012 - 05:34 PM

Thx Numan for sure ifs a keeper!!!

#17 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 16 October 2012 - 10:13 PM

Thx Numan for sure ifs a keeper!!!

Glad you like it buddy

#18 desertdog8

desertdog8

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

Don't see the big deal in wearing pink because everyone is. Point is to raise awareness and I'd say they're doing that.

#19 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:39 PM

Raising awareness is fine, but when kids on the internet post photos on PHEW of their skates with a couple pink strips on them it does nothing. Pink in the rink nights and the NFL wearing pink hats and stuff on the sidelines is a legitimately big deal, but wearing pink skates in front of a few parents at your house league hockey games is not doing anything of value. Take the five dollars you spent on pink tape, and the hour you spent doing it well, and go to a store and put the money into a drop box. Or go online and make a donation. Or if you're a kid, give your parents your $5 and them to do the donation with their card. They're not doing any good, but they act as if they are. Really they're just following a trend. But the most frustrating part is that they could actually do some good!

#20 hockey17

hockey17

Posted 21 October 2012 - 10:53 PM

I agree with Grammer, all PHEW kids do is tape up theyre skates and put some pink tape on theyre sticks and go around thinking theyre making a difference, i have pink laces in on my total ones( tried putting some pink lines but looked awful because my crappy cutting skills) and put some pink inserts on my 6k helmet and donated more then 20$. Im 17 i donate my own money that i make not get my parents to do it for me. Its not alot of money but its helping alot more then the taped up skates and sticks. And not to mention i saw a PHEW kid post up some skates that had a single non-cut piece of tape around his APXs that looked like garbage and actually offended me because it looked like there was no effort put into it and he probably didnt donate any money either