RBK 9K Girdle

• Please log in to reply
36 replies to this topic

#1 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:27 PM

Hi all,

So I've been wearing two piece pants for awhile now when I play out but I've recently been looking into trying the RBK 9K girdle. I've never tried one on just seen pictures etc so I'm a bit concerned about a few things... Hope you can clear some things up.

1) What's so great about the 9k girdle? I see tons of NHLers etc wearing them and most people here swear by them.

2) How high does the padding go on the hips/kidney area? I don't know if its a girl thing or if other members have this issue but I find all my uppers are high on my body (not sure if I just have a short torso or what). Except my pair of Mississauga Majors uppers (don't know the model) which fit perfectly and aren't high at all, my other uppers are CCM/Reebok 520CHL.SP and 520.SP if that helps?

3) Are xs/s shells rare to come by for 9k girdles? I haven't seen any which is why I ask, but then again I haven't been looking so... I know people mentioned taking the padding out of my lowers but they're mediums so I feel like I would be swimming in them

Anyways hope you guys/girls can shed some light for a goalie trying to play out haha. Many thanks!

- Steph
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#2 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:34 PM

1- Greater mobility, full range of motion, you do not feel trapped or bulked in. It's like they build the pads around you !

2-The thigh pad is adjustable so depending on how long your legs are or how you feel comfortable, it can be customized to your personal preference. It does NOT run high at all around the kidney area compared to the x:60 and Hustlers that I have

3- Small shells are near-IMPOSSIBLE to find unless you take the retail route, like I replied, I wear bigger size shells and don't feel or look foolish and do not feel restricted by the larger size

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#3 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:56 PM

That's awesome! The kidney area was my biggest concern really.

Thanks for clearing it up for me!

If anyone can help me out who has CCM/Reebok 520 uppers I'd love to know the differences on the height
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#4 jamielov

jamielov

Posted 02 November 2012 - 05:54 AM

Not that im any sort of benchmark for pants/protection, but ive used Reebok mhp520 med pants my entire career. Love them. Im tall (a tad shy of 6 ft) and skinny (155ish) so these were the only pants that ever fit.

From what everyone else said, I wanted to try the girdle/shell combo for better fit and mobility, so due to my above mentioned height/weight, i went with the small 9k girdle/med shell. Honestly, it wasnt for me at all. Sold them after 1 skate around and 2 games. Hated them. To me, and me only, the fit was tight (but def couldnt fit in a med) and they were so flippin hot, being strapped right against my body. I went right back to the 520s, and was happy again. So, its one of those personal things. Try it out and see what you think. But for me, even if every NHL player in the world wore them, it didnt matter...i still disliked the fit/feel.

#5 FATPHILLY

FATPHILLY
  • LocationThe Big City

Posted 02 November 2012 - 06:28 AM

I'm wit u on that. I used pants a lot. Went to the Totalone girdle and really liked it. So I gave the 9k a try because everyone talked about it and I hated everything about it. Wasn't for me at all. The shin pads went into my legs pads and drove it into my nuts ( lol sorry for the lack of better words). I don't know what was up wit that but shit wasn't fun at all

I needed a xl cause I'm big. But not tall. So I think it was to long for me. I'm 5'8"/5'9" 225. Had the legs at its shortest setting and I wear 14" shins (6070) wit the top part of the shin folded in. Not sure if that helps anyone at all.
ALWAYS LOOKING TO BUY TEAM USA AND FLYERS GEAR..AND ANYTHING ELSE RARE

#6 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 02 November 2012 - 03:48 PM

Thanks for the advice guys, guess I'll just have to try them out. I'm usually a goalie so when I go out I just want to be comfortable and in my 520s they're just so damn high on me! I don't need that protection. That's the biggest thing for me is the height on the side. Philly now you have me worried about my shin pads haha I hope they're not a problem.

I have Michigan pants and I absolutely love them my favourite pair so I've just dealt with the uppers being high but I mean there has to be a more comfortable way. I hope this girdle is it.

Jamie, thanks for the input I had no idea you could adjust a small girdle for your height at all or that they stuck to you like that. Bottom line is I got to try it out I guess.
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#7 wild4hitmen

wild4hitmen
  • LocationTexas

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:14 PM

Ya I'm the same! Usually play goalie but like to go play out once in awhile. But my first pants were also 520s and I just hated how high the pants came up to! So I traded it for a 9k girdle and won't wear anything else!! LOVE the 9k girdle!

#8 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:23 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one!! I thought it was just because I was wearing a medium and should really be in a small, which I'm sure has a bit to do with it, but the pants part fit just fine.

Can't wait to try one out if I end up getting one then!
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#9 BigCy76

BigCy76

Posted 03 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Ok, so here are pics,

-First me with girdle no shell

Posted Image

-Second me with MEDIUM Shell

Posted Image

-Third me with LARGE shell ( thought it was XL all this time it was a LARGE, as I compared it to my other larges )

Posted Image

-Fourth upper mark shows where girdle ends, middle mark shows where MEDIUM shell ends, lower mark shows where LARGE shell ends

If you need more pics or info, I'll do what I can ! :)

Posted Image

Feedback

#10 phillyflyers215

phillyflyers215
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 03 November 2012 - 03:01 PM

Nice Cy, very informing pics.

#11 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:27 PM

Thank you SO much. Definitely way easier to get a grasp on how it's going to look. They don't look bad at all with the larger size shells

Ps. Nice shirt!
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#12 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:59 PM

Great write up also you can use other brand lowers with the 9k girdle just unstrap the thigh guards here is my 9k with warrior lowers I took the upper off my two piece hustlers to see if it would work
Posted Image

#13 BigCy76

BigCy76

Posted 03 November 2012 - 06:28 PM

Great write up also you can use other brand lowers with the 9k girdle just unstrap the thigh guards here is my 9k with warrior lowers I took the upper off my two piece hustlers to see if it would work

That's pretty cool, I do it the OTHER way around, I removed the thigh pads from the lowers and made them out as a shell...

Feedback

#14 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:45 PM

Looks like a great fit!

I can't wait to get my girdle in now. Should be fun
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#15 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 03 November 2012 - 07:46 PM

The large and medium shells barely have any difference. I actually quite like the large I don't know why haha
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#16 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:22 PM

Does this look weird? My Michigan medium lowers on my xs girdle? ... This girdle makes me look like I have no butt :nono:

Posted Image

Posted Image
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#17 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

Also it looks like they're really long but its just the angle of the picture. They end right at the middle of my knee
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#18 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 14 November 2012 - 05:30 PM

Is there much butt padding on those? That might be why your butt disappeared.

#19 BigCy76

BigCy76

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:07 PM

Does this look weird? My Michigan medium lowers on my xs girdle? ... This girdle makes me look like I have no butt :nono:

That is such a thing that all girls say... :LOL:

It looks weird to you because you don't have your shins and socks on, once you have everything on, it'll look more "normal"

Feedback

#20 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 14 November 2012 - 07:15 PM

That is such a thing that all girls say... :LOL:

It looks weird to you because you don't have your shins and socks on, once you have everything on, it'll look more "normal"

Haha I can't help it! The girdle just brings everything in.

I mean they don't look to large on the smaller uppers of the girdle or anything?
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1