#761 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 26 May 2020 - 06:55 AM

Quicklites run extremely small.

#762 Oronohockey207

Oronohockey207

Posted 29 July 2020 - 06:55 PM

Got a couple pairs of pro stock HG12 gloves, one with the grey clarino palms the seem most popular on the HG12's and the other pair have beige colored clarino. I notice that the grey palms are much softer and have better stick feel even though both are clarino material...can anyone help explain this? The beige feels more thick and durable.

#763 Dasuchin

Dasuchin
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 September 2020 - 12:33 PM

I'm looking at a pro stock pair of FT1s. I've read that pro stocks run a half size bigger.

I tried on a pair of 13" retail FT390s and they were too small, so I figure a 14" in retail would fit.

Any idea if I should go with a 13" or 14" in pro stock FT1s?

And how would that compare to a pair of HG12s?

#764 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 11 September 2020 - 02:37 PM

I'd go 14" FT1. The 13" are tiny and the 14" aren't that much bigger. This is my experience, but my 13" FT1 run more snug than the HG12 and don't open up as much after breaking in. My 13" HG12's open up a decent amount and tend to fit looser over time. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#765 Dasuchin

Dasuchin
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 11 September 2020 - 04:58 PM

I'd go 14" FT1. The 13" are tiny and the 14" aren't that much bigger. This is my experience, but my 13" FT1 run more snug than the HG12 and don't open up as much after breaking in. My 13" HG12's open up a decent amount and tend to fit looser over time. 

Awesome, thanks for the help. If I wanted to get a pair of HG12, you think 13" would be the way to go though?

#766 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 11 September 2020 - 05:17 PM

Awesome, thanks for the help. If I wanted to get a pair of HG12, you think 13" would be the way to go though?

Yes, for sure. They start very snug but open up after awhile, especially on the backhand. I have a few pairs and they all broke in nicely. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#767 DropGloveMurphy

DropGloveMurphy
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 12 September 2020 - 09:00 PM

I could use some help with sizing.

I've been using a pair of 14" retail 4RPro (not the new 2, the older model) for the last couple of years and my fingers push the stretch gusset out about an 1/8". Based on what I've read here and in other forums- CCM pro stock being .25" to .5" larger than retail depending upon model- I went with a pair of 14" TKPP. Unfortunately, they don't fit very well; my pinky and ring finger jam into the gusset quite uncomfortably when shooting. I've got a pair of 15" on the way, but I'm concerned those won't work either because I grabbed a pair of 15" PJSPP (FT1 with shot blocker) and the fingers are too long. Both pairs I've tried are team stock from the Avalanche. I wanted a tighter fitting glove and figured I'd keep the pair I liked more and sell the other.

Do I need an in-between size? Or do I need to start down the road of finding a player that has gloves with specs that match what would fit my hand? I have admittedly only used retail 14" 4-roll style gloves up to this point (CCM, Eagle, and Graf) so maybe my expectation of how the tapered and contoured gloves should fit is off? PSH has some Montreal 14.5" TK's available but I haven't seen any other 14.5" pairs so I wasn't sure if those are legit pro stock or a PSH SMU. Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated!

#768 Tucker17

Tucker17

Posted 12 September 2020 - 09:19 PM

I have a few questions about the CCM codes:
-I have a pair of Hg97 (oilers) and 98 (echl) gloves. Neither says XP or PP. the oilers have a shot blocker and have a very thick layer of foam (Below the insert) in the fingers while the 98 have a thin layer of Foam before the insert in the fingers. These gloves are practically the same other than the palm and some of the materials used on the outside. Why are the Fingers different in them? Neither have a code for anything special.

-what does PP, SP, PX and PR mean? XP Is Extra protection. I’ve never owned a pair with XP but it seems to be a D30 thickness level and better padding. That’s why I’m confused with my oilers gloves. There is a very thick squishy foam layer That’s way thicker than tiny others . Don’t know if it’s D30 though

Thanks!

#769 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 September 2020 - 12:55 PM

I've been using a pair of 14" retail 4RPro (not the new 2, the older model) for the last couple of years and my fingers push the stretch gusset out about an 1/8". Based on what I've read here and in other forums- CCM pro stock being .25" to .5" larger than retail depending upon model- I went with a pair of 14" TKPP. Unfortunately, they don't fit very well; my pinky and ring finger jam into the gusset quite uncomfortably when shooting. I've got a pair of 15" on the way, but I'm concerned those won't work either because I grabbed a pair of 15" PJSPP (FT1 with shot blocker) and the fingers are too long. Both pairs I've tried are team stock from the Avalanche. I wanted a tighter fitting glove and figured I'd keep the pair I liked more and sell the other.

Do I need an in-between size? Or do I need to start down the road of finding a player that has gloves with specs that match what would fit my hand? I have admittedly only used retail 14" 4-roll style gloves up to this point (CCM, Eagle, and Graf) so maybe my expectation of how the tapered and contoured gloves should fit is off? PSH has some Montreal 14.5" TK's available but I haven't seen any other 14.5" pairs so I wasn't sure if those are legit pro stock or a PSH SMU. Any advice and input would be greatly appreciated!

I'm pretty sure CCM posted somewhere that their Pro gloves have extended finger length? Someone may need to confirm.

#770 findursol

findursol
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 13 September 2020 - 03:20 PM

Highest volume 14s I've had personally are pro-stock 1Ns. Somebody could correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Nexus line is as much finger volume as you're gonna find in a semi-new pro stock glove without going up a size.

#771 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 13 September 2020 - 08:07 PM

In my opinion, you need to buy pro stock HG97 gloves. They're not as loose as Bauer Nexus gloves, but fit tighter than most four-roll gloves. Especially if you came from retail 4RPro gloves. Try the 14" HG97 or HG98. If you'd like them a little tighter in the backhand, get some foam from a fabric store and stuff it behind the backhand liner.

#772 DropGloveMurphy

DropGloveMurphy
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 14 September 2020 - 09:30 AM

I'm pretty sure CCM posted somewhere that their Pro gloves have extended finger length? Someone may need to confirm.

I think I saw it in the Recent Pick-ups thread, that's why I thought I'd be ok with the 14" TK's.

Highest volume 14s I've had personally are pro-stock 1Ns. Somebody could correct me if I'm wrong, but I think the Nexus line is as much finger volume as you're gonna find in a semi-new pro stock glove without going up a size.

Length is the issue I'm having, I'm looking for a lower volume glove than the 4RPro's that I've been using. They're worn to the point I feel they'll fall off my hand if I don't keep my fingers clenched.

In my opinion, you need to buy pro stock HG97 gloves. They're not as loose as Bauer Nexus gloves, but fit tighter than most four-roll gloves. Especially if you came from retail 4RPro gloves. Try the 14" HG97 or HG98. If you'd like them a little tighter in the backhand, get some foam from a fabric store and stuff it behind the backhand liner.

I'll take a look at the HG97's, thanks for the suggestion!

#773 Oronohockey207

Oronohockey207

Posted 20 September 2020 - 10:39 AM

I had the same issue with the 4rpro retail gloves in 14"..fingers pushing past the spandex about a big 1/4 inch. The hgtk fit better lengthwise my fingers just grazed the gusset, but the issue was that they had way too much volume. I tried the hgql in 14" and the finger length was fine but the overall fit was way too tight and the glove left a lot of my wrist exposed. The sweet spot in fit for me is the HG12 14" or a retail 4Rpro in 15". I was not interested in the hg12 because they looked ugly as sin to me in all the pictures online, but tried them out anyway and..WOW. they look sick and the fit, feel, and comfort is just unmatched by any other glove I have tried. One word of advice if you go the HG12 route, do not get shot blockers or they will feel like bricks on your hands.

#774 xstartxtodayx

xstartxtodayx
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 20 September 2020 - 02:59 PM

I had the same issue with the 4rpro retail gloves in 14"..fingers pushing past the spandex about a big 1/4 inch. The hgtk fit better lengthwise my fingers just grazed the gusset, but the issue was that they had way too much volume. I tried the hgql in 14" and the finger length was fine but the overall fit was way too tight and the glove left a lot of my wrist exposed. The sweet spot in fit for me is the HG12 14" or a retail 4Rpro in 15". I was not interested in the hg12 because they looked ugly as sin to me in all the pictures online, but tried them out anyway and..WOW. they look sick and the fit, feel, and comfort is just unmatched by any other glove I have tried. One word of advice if you go the HG12 route, do not get shot blockers or they will feel like bricks on your hands.

I agree 100% about the HG12's.. ugly as sin but damn are they comfortable and mobile, I love mine.  As for 4R Pro's, I had a pair of those in 14" and they were tiny, def the smallest 14" glove I've worn... length wise it felt like a pair of CL's I had in 13" (but the CL's were mire snug).

- Jon

#775 Oronohockey207

Oronohockey207

Posted 20 September 2020 - 09:12 PM

I agree 100% about the HG12's.. ugly as sin but damn are they comfortable and mobile, I love mine.  As for 4R Pro's, I had a pair of those in 14" and they were tiny, def the smallest 14" glove I've worn... length wise it felt like a pair of CL's I had in 13" (but the CL's were mire snug).

The 4rpro feel to me like they fit a whole size smaller than what they are labeled. I had to ditch the 14" 4rpro because I was scared my finger tips were gonna get chopped off by a slash. Now rocking the 15" hg4pc (custom colorway 4rpro) because i was able to find it in a tan color I have been looking for forever and I doubt I'll ever find a tan hg12 lol. I have also found that the 4rollpro do open up quite a bit after a couple skates and they are not a bad glove...just wth is going on with the fingers???

#776 DropGloveMurphy

DropGloveMurphy
  • LocationFlorida

Posted 21 September 2020 - 12:52 PM

I picked up a pair of HG97's to try and I feel they're very similar to the 4RPro, which wasn't really what I'm looking for so I'm giving the 14.5" HGTK from PSH a go. I'll give the HG12 a shot if those don't work out or I can find a cheap used pair, but you're both right that they're ugly lol.

#777 astryjak1

astryjak1

Posted 03 January 2021 - 02:26 AM

Can someone please tell me the difference between the HG12 and HG12SP gloves? Thanks!

#778 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 03 January 2021 - 08:37 AM

This may help you

http://www.sports2k....m-gloves-codes/

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#779 danglesauce

danglesauce
  • LocationBrooklyn, New York

Posted 03 January 2021 - 01:31 PM

Hey guys, if i felt like hg97 14” fit good in that model, does that translate to a 14” in jetspeeds? I heard they run smaller

#780 Miller55

Miller55

Posted 03 January 2021 - 05:12 PM

Ime hg97s run fairly tight fit 4rolls. Personally I'd get the same size, 14, as the length should be similar. They will fit tighter because of the give design, but 15 will probably be too long.