The HAPPY/GOOD topic

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#1 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 09 November 2012 - 02:13 PM

Hi guys and girls!

It's Random Acts of Kindness Day today and although you should all be doing something nice on a regular basis make sure you go out of your way to cheer someone up or help them out today! Hope you're all have a great day and you pass on a smile to a stranger. What are some of your acts of kindness lately?! Even the smallest thing goes a long way for someone

Good karma :LOL:

Here's a little blog http://www.366randomacts.org

Also... Happy Friday!! I think we should keep this open and every Friday (if I remember) I'd like to send a post out to everyone to start the weekend with some kind words.

- Steph

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#2 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 09 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

I had mine prematurely! Wednesday night I was downtown to meet up with other people that are back in Toronto for their teaching placement. I grabbed a drink at Union station on my way home and the woman gave me like 18 bucks in change when I only should have gotten 13 back. I took like 5 steps before I realized and went back to give her the extra 5. Her and her co-worker were totally flabbergasted that I came back to return the money and thanked me with their faces still in shock. It was pretty priceless. Good deed done!

PS what a nice fuzzy warm feelings thread. loves it. haha.

Hung Like A GeeGee

#3 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 09 November 2012 - 07:51 PM

I work at a convention center and as I walked out to the loading dock waiting for a delivery I noticed one of our custodians wrestling one of those giant trash bins out of the dumpster. Instead of ignoring it, I stopped what I was doing and helped him back the thing out. He is an older gentleman and obviously couldnt do it himself. Other people saw this going on and didn't even lift a finger. It felt good helping the guy because he is always friendly with everyone. Needless to say, I had to wash my hands really well afterwards.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#4 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 10 November 2012 - 08:11 PM

I had mine prematurely! Wednesday night I was downtown to meet up with other people that are back in Toronto for their teaching placement. I grabbed a drink at Union station on my way home and the woman gave me like 18 bucks in change when I only should have gotten 13 back. I took like 5 steps before I realized and went back to give her the extra 5. Her and her co-worker were totally flabbergasted that I came back to return the money and thanked me with their faces still in shock. It was pretty priceless. Good deed done!

PS what a nice fuzzy warm feelings thread. loves it. haha.

I like this warm fuzzy thread it's needed :LOL: that's awesome what you did. Pretty rare that people give back money so you should be even more proud Ev haha.

I work at a convention center and as I walked out to the loading dock waiting for a delivery I noticed one of our custodians wrestling one of those giant trash bins out of the dumpster. Instead of ignoring it, I stopped what I was doing and helped him back the thing out. He is an older gentleman and obviously couldnt do it himself. Other people saw this going on and didn't even lift a finger. It felt good helping the guy because he is always friendly with everyone. Needless to say, I had to wash my hands really well afterwards.

Mincy it's crazy that people won't take the time out of their day to do something like that eh, I've never understood people like that. Good on ya! I hope the smell came out
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#5 ccmfan

ccmfan

Posted 11 November 2012 - 10:06 PM

Mine came on Saturday. I was at the local rink one of the towns best teams was playing a rival. The home teamd goalie broke his stick. I ran to my car and grabbed mine so he didn't have to play with a players stick. When he went to give it back after the game I told him to keep it. It's one of the small thing I could do.

#6 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 12 November 2012 - 07:44 AM

Mincy it's crazy that people won't take the time out of their day to do something like that eh, I've never understood people like that. Good on ya!

This sounds like how Don Cherry talks. All that was missing was the thumbs up at the end haha

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#7 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 13 November 2012 - 06:00 PM

I like this warm fuzzy thread it's needed :LOL: that's awesome what you did. Pretty rare that people give back money so you should be even more proud Ev haha.

I know right? especially in downtown Toronto. AND especially since I'm a broke-ass student! lol :D

Hung Like A GeeGee

#8 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:06 PM

I missed my first Friday so I'm making up for it today!! Happy Monday everyone (who say's that... I do). Hope everyone had a spectacular weekend full of pick ups and hockey or spending time with people you love :)

Check out this playlist to make your Monday a bit better! It's kind of mellow/chill mixed in with some heartfeltness and indie stuff... Perfect for the current weather I'd say! Cheers.

http://8tracks.com/skleiner/golden
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#9 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 20 November 2012 - 11:04 PM

Welcome Home is a pretty solid track I've gotta say.

Oh and for random kindness. Had a PD day friday so a bunch of teachers went to lunch and my associate teacher (the one I work with) paid for my lunch. So that was really cool.

Hung Like A GeeGee

#10 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:15 PM

My kindness, just drove my brother and his buddies to the Macklemore concert in T.O. extra kindness = going to get him later when it's over. #karma

Hung Like A GeeGee

#11 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:31 PM

Ev has been holding down the Fridays so now it's my turn! HAPPY FRIDAY EVERYONE.

So my form of smiles to you all comes in this loving link that I'm going to share with you... I love kids and find this hilarious, hope you do as well! #8 is me studying for exams...

27 Reasons Why Kids Are Actually the Worst
http://www.buzzfeed....=1801947_630432
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#12 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 07 December 2012 - 04:33 PM

Also for all you people on here with kids, how many of them have been stuck upside in a cabinet? Just curious hahaha :rofl:
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#13 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 December 2012 - 05:11 PM

Gave the homeless guy outside of Jewel a beer. He had a Santa hat on, I felt obligated.

#14 wahsnairb

wahsnairb
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 07 December 2012 - 06:04 PM

i paid for a couple friends who came to a drop in today since i am staff and don't have to pay for myself? i don't keep tabs on everything nice that i do, but that.. just.. happened haha.

#15 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 30 December 2012 - 08:28 PM

This thread needs some lovin'

This morning I was on the highway in NY State (with my family) and as we were exiting the highway the car in front of us, a late 90s Mustang, kinda lost control and locked up and slid into a huge snow bank. My dad was driving and we pulled off to the side a little ways down the road. I hopped out and my dad and I tried to help this guy get outta the snow. He was around my age (22-24ish) and basically had no idea what to do. His phone was dead and the car was stuck. So we called AAA and I charged his phone with my laptop. We hung out and waited till a tow truck came to drag him out. The snow sucked here today.

good deeeeed

Hung Like A GeeGee

#16 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 25 January 2013 - 04:13 AM

IT'S FRIDAY!!!

Posted Image
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#17 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 25 January 2013 - 09:04 AM

Epic. This helps the start of my 7 hrs of class :\

Hung Like A GeeGee

#18 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 25 January 2013 - 10:30 AM

Anytime I hear "it's Friday" I can't help but think of Rebecca Black... don't worry, I'll spare ya'll the video.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#19 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 25 January 2013 - 01:40 PM

Anytime I hear "it's Friday" I can't help but think of Rebecca Black... don't worry, I'll spare ya'll the video.

worst thing to be partially filmed in Arizona

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#20 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 25 January 2013 - 03:03 PM

Even worse... she lives in the same city as me