Photo

The HAPPY/GOOD topic

• Please log in to reply
207 replies to this topic

#21 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR
  • LocationMilton Keynes, UK

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:10 PM

I was bestowed a random act of kindness by liking a facebook page.

Posted Image

Hung Like A GeeGee

#22 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 26 January 2013 - 10:30 PM

I donated two laundry bags (clean lol) of clothes. Not going to write them off in my taxes either, that's not what charity is about.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#23 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 27 January 2013 - 01:36 AM

WHAT!!

Get outta here... Jealous. I never win anything lol, legit have never won anything in my life pertaining to draws or liking pages etc
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#24 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 27 January 2013 - 03:23 AM

Yeah! Who knew beer and nachos would equal sweet seats behind the Sens net!!

Dont worry Steph, your time will come. lol

Hung Like A GeeGee

#25 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 01 February 2013 - 02:25 PM

This is cool, funny, and a little ironic. Friday afternoons I play pickup during my lunch break and usually head back to work afterwards. For the last couple of days the conference center I work at has hosted the NC Foot and Ankle Society (it's a trade show for doctors and practices to see new technologies, studies, and other related things in their field). Well, as fate would have it I blocked a slapshot off the top of my foot... I was going to post a picture but I'm sure nobody wants to see my hobbit-esque feet. So I hobbled into work and after a few short moments a couple of the nice doctors took a look at my foot, gave me a pretty good diagnosis(for lack of functioning x-ray machines...go figure), and threw in a boot free of charge! There probably wasn't a better place fo to be. Only downside to this story is that I'm out of commission for a little while. Of course I was very grateful for their generosity.

Had to shout them out because that made my day... and saved my wallet too :)

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#26 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 01 February 2013 - 05:00 PM

I was at the grocery store today, and saw that an elderly couple that lives in my apartment building was waiting for their taxi. I offered them a ride home, which they gladly accepted. I brought them home, and helped them bring the groceries up to their apartment. They seemed surprised that I was helping them. I hope I restored their faith in humanity a little.

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#27 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 02 February 2013 - 03:58 PM

Ken, I love love love when people help out through rides like that. I've had a guy help me when I had to get home from the post office (with 4 huge boxes in the snow) we just stated chatting on how I was waiting for my taxi and he said he had a 10 min break and would drive me. It was awesome.

Coming from just my mom and I back home we don't have a car so when neighbours offer us rides to and from the grocery store, which is only 15 mins away walking, it means the world. You become a lot more appreciative when you don't have a car that's for sure.

On another note, this is one of the most inspiration videos, http://www.facebook....v=4925797056266 hope you can all see that. The end is awesome.
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#28 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 02 February 2013 - 07:20 PM

Kinda gonna be using it myself but I visited my rents house today in the must if a snow storm and cleared a spot in the backyard. Drive to Canadian tire picked up a ready rink where you fill it with water then use! It's freezing over nite now so hope tomor I can resurface it and skate/shoot. My lil bro will benefit from this ! Also while out surprised my gf with a nice lunch at work seeing she was in a rush and didn't have time for breakfast on route to work.

#29 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 11 February 2013 - 03:57 PM

So awesome to see things like this. Just another reason why I love this place!

Props to you Oscar!!

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#30 Ev--NYR

Ev--NYR

Posted 11 February 2013 - 05:04 PM

epic. so epic.

great to hear these kinds of stories on here!

Hung Like A GeeGee

#31 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 11 February 2013 - 07:10 PM

So much awesome! 

I to have had a similar experience but not with pants or anything like that. As a huge Giants fan I really wanted a nice SF shirt for the world series and they're extremely hard to find in Toronto and just really expensive. I put a topic out asking who lives in SF if they could help me out and SouthpawTRK aka Steve sent me a message.

He went to a few stores looking for what I wanted (I gave a little bit of a list hehe) they had nothing! So he went with his gut and grabbed the simple orange tee with the SF logo on it, which I love, asked for my address and would let me know the price of shipping and the shirt total after he sent it out. A few days later I get a message from him saying don't worry about the price of the shirt and shipping it was an early present from him and his family!! 

He's just a great person. We now stay in touch. wishing each other happy holidays etc and wishing our families well. His message box has been full for a few months now so I've yet to wish him a happy and healthy new year but I hope he sees this!

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#32 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 11 February 2013 - 10:44 PM

So some of you may know that I am in the army. So tonight I was running errands with my wife at the mall and we decided to grab dinner there ( I was still in uniform as I just left work to pick her up from hers). Anyway this young guy( maybe 19-20) comes up to me (we are eating dinner than) and excused himself for disturbing but he just had to come and shake my hand to thank me for what I do. I was so taken aback. This has happened to me before but normally from old veteran or old widows. Never from a "kid".
It really touched me.

#33 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:07 PM

^^ That's awesome.

Today is Bell Lets Talk day... I think it's really important that you guys take a look and try and support if you can (being on bell) or by just starting the conversation. Also DIFD - hockey related - bringing youth mental health to the surface (http://www.difd.com). Depression is a flaw of chemistry not character, and for someone who suffers from this these days are great. Take a read...
http://letstalk.bell.ca/en/

And a video

Cheers and thanks :)
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#34 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'm not on bell anymore :(

#35 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 12 February 2013 - 01:13 PM

I have been texting everyone friviously today. Emoticons for EVERYONE

#36 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:29 PM

Although it isn't Friday... HAPPY VALENTINES DAY EVERYONE!!! SO MUCH PRO STOCK LOVE TO ALL OF YOU :D I hope you all have a lovely day. Kisses for all!

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#37 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:47 PM

Caps ... Just have to pay it back bud that's all.

As for "thanks for all you do for us" never really understood all that ... Feel like people say it just to say it , especially Americans.
Brave job none the less , not discrediting that or the person.

#38 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

You too steph!!! Happy pro stock valentines day

#39 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 14 February 2013 - 06:57 PM

You too steph!!! Happy pro stock valentines day

#40 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 26 February 2013 - 12:29 AM

It's not Friday but this is just amazing I had to post it. Mom and dad must be so proud of their son, holy

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1