Photo

Altered Gear

• Please log in to reply
764 replies to this topic

#41 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 08 February 2013 - 06:26 PM

Has anyone tried to attach their cup to their 9k girdle?

Someone was selling a 9k girdle with a cup sewn into it awhile back. Not sure who listed it, but I'm sure someone will chime in on it shortly.

#42 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 08 February 2013 - 07:59 PM

peckmic

$(KGrHqJ,!hoFC96Em,QwBQ)2B+iLww~~60_3.JP

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#43 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 08 February 2013 - 08:15 PM

Ooooh nice I might give that a shot but I wasn't sure if the material could support it long term. Seems kind of flimsy.

#44 Liddy019

Liddy019

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:15 PM

I really want that 10k jock
Liddy:-)

#45 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 08 February 2013 - 10:16 PM

Seems a little small though eh?

#46 kevin92285

kevin92285

Posted 10 February 2013 - 02:36 AM

Seems a little small though eh?

:rofl:

#47 peckmic2

peckmic2
  • LocationHill Valley, CA

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:04 PM

I had to re-sew the top corners, since the cup was starting to rip through the material.

#48 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 10 February 2013 - 12:07 PM

My comment was made in jest. I meant no offense.

And thanks for the help. I'm going to take my girdle to my dry cleaning lady because she also does adjustments. I'll see if she has any extra material lying around that would help reinforce the area after I put the cup in.

#49 superhakan

superhakan

Posted 07 March 2013 - 11:34 PM

I happened across the shell of a Warrior crown. I'm interested in putting in some dual-density foam and I'm wondering if anyone has any pointers on how I would do this best?

#50 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:48 PM

Pants got ripped open by skate blade. Took them to a shoe repair shop (that (apparently) has experience w/ doing a local AHL team's alterations). Anyways, this is what I got back.

My question is if there's any way to alter that navy blue leather patch to royal, MTL blue?

So far I've just been trying acetone. No luck.

#51 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:52 PM

I think you forgot the picture lol

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#52 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:53 PM

Yep. Attempted. Attached. Posted. Didn't appear.

Imagine a navy blue leather patch on a pair of MTL pants.

#53 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:54 PM

Weird. How did you upload it?

#3k gsdhead.gif

#54 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:58 PM

Mobile phone. Went to Full Version. Went down to attach image with post. Did this successfully. Added my text and posted. Pretty self explanatory stuff from usability perspective, but no dice. always possibility of user error on my part.

#55 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 09 March 2013 - 10:59 PM

Who knows, I know what you mean anyway lol

#3k gsdhead.gif

#56 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 11 March 2013 - 08:49 AM

OK. So here's the damage.

I don't think I mind the patch as much as I do the apparent color blind work of the guy who repaired them.

Attached Files

#57 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:27 AM

Patch work looks good, but like you said, the color throws it off. At least they are whole again :-/

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#58 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:34 AM

Patch work looks good, but like you said, the color throws it off. At least they are whole again :-/

HA guess I'll just get myself comfortable with the "Patch" nickname.

#59 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:36 AM

Patches is in the building! haha :LOL:

#60 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 11 March 2013 - 10:51 AM

I posted these in another topic after having them painted, but I dremel'd them down a bit and did away with the stock velcro straps. A guy at my local rink was going to rivet the straps, but it wasn't looking promising on the first pass. So, instead I used some old helmet hardware. After speedy stitching the first one I realized that the holes in the leather were too big so I axed that idea.

525C5230-5E60-433E-B54C-8D4E5480E5BF-183

91F8E5DF-77C7-484C-B1ED-F293F2A6C879-183

9C1BC25B-3FCA-4DE3-B9DC-86992195E223-183

I know the leather is heavier than the velcro, but these probably weight close to what they did before trimming the tops down. They fit great and look a little more bad ass IMO.