Altered Gear

• Please log in to reply
764 replies to this topic

#641 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 23 May 2018 - 09:49 PM

Added suspenders to a TotalOne girdle:

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#642 crabby

crabby
  • LocationAustria

Posted 26 January 2019 - 02:29 PM

Couldn‘t find a better pic, but it seems like Warrior offers some custom index finger protection. Would love to know which option are available for pros...
https://ecrbs.redbul...rwahl-nominiert
LF
CCM TACKS 80 flex LH Kreps
Purple or green gloves
purple practice jersey

#643 olioli

olioli
  • LocationBearded Clam County

Posted 26 January 2019 - 07:54 PM

It is called cpr :)

#644 crabby

crabby
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 January 2019 - 02:59 AM

No, wasn‘t made by cpr, he ordered them like this...
LF
Purple or green gloves
purple practice jersey

#645 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 January 2019 - 03:49 AM

Would be interesting, I was aware that Warrior did e.g. the Mega Franchise (generally beefed up version) but not specific little mods (especially not for the Austrian market - players here generally don't get custom gloves but just regular team stock from what I've heard). All the CHL Warrior gloves from Black Wings Linz I checked out during their sale were the same retail model, however Red Bull Salzburg is fully rocking Warriors all season so they probably have more pull :)

Are you certain the EQM didn't add them himself?

Side-note: With most Austrian teams having a (sponsorship) deal with an equipment vendor, all players usually have to rock the same companies glove, otherwise they tape over / black out the logos. Have not yet seen awesome stuff like cuff-roll swaps over here :/

#646 crabby

crabby
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 January 2019 - 04:41 AM

Talked to him because I want to find someone like cpr over here in europe. Told me that he ordered them like this...
LF
Purple or green gloves
purple practice jersey

#647 Ezazl

Ezazl

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:28 AM

Anyone have experience with added overlays to glove palms? A friend of mine recommend buying material from Pittards leather and either sowing or using adhesive spray to attach an overlay to the gloves. My only issue is how can I cut out the overlay shape properly.

#648 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 01 February 2019 - 11:33 AM

Anyone have experience with added overlays to glove palms? A friend of mine recommend buying material from Pittards leather and either sowing or using adhesive spray to attach an overlay to the gloves. My only issue is how can I cut out the overlay shape properly.

Get it done correctly by a professional outfit. Hockey Menders and Custom Pro Repair can do the job.

#649 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 21 February 2019 - 06:30 PM

Modifying these 14” Solar Bears gloves to have a snug fit. The left glove is modified, the right is stock. 13” HG12’s are perfect, but 14” are too big for my hands. I wrapped some D3O foam in purple nylon, then sewed it to the underside of the glove. I also anchored the cuff near the thumb to give a tighter fit around the wrist. I tried to blend the mods as much as possible. Once I finish the right glove, they will now fit much better and won’t slide off my hands. 

51654882_375346546628626_331612596266255

51797089_117490352685099_139315685900399

51141442_343302596527958_629902778987267

52417465_361255981135409_607603105514276

#650 AnimalFear

AnimalFear

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:30 PM

Hopefully I don't get ripped apart for this because it's purely an aesthetic concern, but does anybody have experience taking in or narrowing the bottom of the leg opening on a pair of pants?  I have some CCM HP35 pro stock pants that fit great, but the leg openings look too wide/baggy on me and I was wondering whether I could somehow narrow them or have a tailor do it.  From the front it looks fine, but from the side it looks like there is too much material in the back of my legs.  The thing is I'm not exactly sure where I would make the cuts.

#651 PittFan8

PittFan8
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 21 February 2019 - 11:51 PM

Modifying these 14” Solar Bears gloves to have a snug fit. The left glove is modified, the right is stock. 13” HG12’s are perfect, but 14” are too big for my hands. I wrapped some D3O foam in purple nylon, then sewed it to the underside of the glove. I also anchored the cuff near the thumb to give a tighter fit around the wrist. I tried to blend the mods as much as possible. Once I finish the right glove, they will now fit much better and won’t slide off my hands.

I don’t understand... how are you supposed to dummy guys if your gloves don’t just slip right off anymore??

#652 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:00 AM

I don’t understand... how are you supposed to dummy guys if your gloves don’t just slip right off anymore??

asking the real questions, every second counts

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#653 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 22 February 2019 - 12:08 AM

:LOL:

#654 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 22 February 2019 - 04:52 AM

@AnimalFear: Many pants have the zippers/velcro on the inside of the leg to allow for a more wide/narrow fit depending on if they are closed (forming having an overlap) or open (example).

So if your pants don't have this or are not tight enough with it closed, you could do the same on the inside with another fold. Before cutting I'd use some safety pins to figure out how tight you want them, and then either stitch in a set of velcros or stitch them up directly (speedy stitcher is recommended).

#655 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 28 February 2019 - 07:26 AM

Not sure if this would technically be considered an alteration, but I picked up a pair of HP45's a few months ago and the leg logo was completely yellow. I assumed it was stained from sweat and tried washing them with a tide pen, oxy, more powerful oxy, but nothing happened. The logo may have actually been this golden yellow color from the factory and not from sweat/dirt. To lighten it up I applied bleach with a q-tip followed by hydrogen peroxide as to not break down the thread fibers. After a few passes I'd say it worked like a charm!! 

Before:

IMG_8855-vi.jpg

After: 

1551355237951-vi.jpg

1551355237951-vi.jpg

Now I wonder what I could do to freshen up the white stripes on the sides of the pants since bleach/hydrogen peroxide doesn't do anything to the shell. 

#656 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 28 February 2019 - 02:44 PM

Not sure if this would technically be considered an alteration, but I picked up a pair of HP45's a few months ago and the leg logo was completely yellow. I assumed it was stained from sweat and tried washing them with a tide pen, oxy, more powerful oxy, but nothing happened. The logo may have actually been this golden yellow color from the factory and not from sweat/dirt. To lighten it up I applied bleach with a q-tip followed by hydrogen peroxide as to not break down the thread fibers. After a few passes I'd say it worked like a charm!! 

Before:

After: 

Now I wonder what I could do to freshen up the white stripes on the sides of the pants since bleach/hydrogen peroxide doesn't do anything to the shell. 

Amazing results! I can't wait to try this on my yellowed CCM logos.

#657 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 07 April 2019 - 12:12 PM

For the last few seasons I was wearing a Shock Doctor cup/garter combo. It worked well enough, but the elastic garters and metal clips would always come undone, stretch out, and get ruined. The jock was cheap enough to replace every few months, but it wasn't something I should have to do so often. While recovering from surgery last season, I picked up a CCM cup/garter combo which is made out of much more substantial materials. I thought it would be perfect, but the plastic garter clips were finicky to attach to my socks although they definitely stayed in place once I finally got them on. I figured I'd have a go at making a modified version to get the best of both worlds. Removed the plastic clips from the CCM garters and replaced with metal/rubber ones from the shock doctor. Sewed down the excess elastic straps so I wouldn't have to worry about adjusting them and voila. This is what I came up. We'll see how it performs when I play on Tuesday. 

1554653658940-vi.jpg

#658 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 08 September 2019 - 03:48 PM

Picked up a Pacific Rink Varsity bag as I didn't want all the extra stuff that the Players bag offered. I did get a set of skate holders as I like having separate pockets for my skates. The Varsity bag is bare bones so I added some buttons to hold the skate pockets onto the bag the same way the Players bag does. Saved over $100 with this set up rather than getting the other bag and not using any of the features 

DSCF4229-vi.jpg

#659 WindyCity

WindyCity
  • LocationChicago

Posted 09 September 2019 - 12:18 PM

@AnimalFear: Many pants have the zippers/velcro on the inside of the leg to allow for a more wide/narrow fit depending on if they are closed (forming having an overlap) or open (example).

So if your pants don't have this or are not tight enough with it closed, you could do the same on the inside with another fold. Before cutting I'd use some safety pins to figure out how tight you want them, and then either stitch in a set of velcros or stitch them up directly (speedy stitcher is recommended).

This is what I had done.  I had a seamstress do this one one of my pants where the legs were too wide and it worked perfectly -- almost like a custom tailored pair of pants and they only charged $14 to do it.

#660 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 09 September 2019 - 02:07 PM

Cut out the step-in mesh in my Super Tacks girdle, making it much easier to put on and take off.