Photo

The Rant Topic - What's Bugging You Today?

• Please log in to reply
2021 replies to this topic

#1 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:23 AM

Just need to blow off a bit of steam, and this could be a fun topic! Played some pickup last night, had a pretty great game going. I usually don't dangle the weaker players, I just go wide on them, cause I don't like to do that. I go wide on this one guy several times, then, I guess he decides he's had enough or something, and when I go wide once more on him, he swings low really tight and sticks his knee out. I saw it coming, and managed to jump out of the way, but he still clipped me with his hip, and I pulled my flexor. He grabbed the puck and circled down low around his net, and cut in to the middle.....where I saw him coming, lined him up, and absolutely destroyed him, shoulder right through him. Dude spouts a bunch of tough guy nonsense, says he's gonna get me in the parking lot, but wisely leaves the ice for repairs, and doesn't come back. I still can't believe some tough guy would take a run at me during a friendly game, knowing a)i'm not trying to show off whatsoever (and believe me, there were several people doing that, we were playing with several girls, and people love to toe drag them for some reason) and b)i'm 6'3, 200, and he's probably 5'8 150. What the heck did he think was gonna come of that? Just ranting a little cause my hip is killing me cause some douchebag thought he was gonna be Kronwall, but got Kronwalled himself.

#2 JTully317

JTully317
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:35 AM

Haha thats awesome. put him right in his place with a hockey play, rather than a bogus fight. hopefully your ok man

#3 NYIslanders21

NYIslanders21
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 18 November 2012 - 02:21 PM

Probably just jealous of your gear :)
I just had a guy slew foot me today

#4 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:01 PM

Woke after two hours of sleep, couldn't get back to sleep til really early. Now I've slept in til the afternoon and am feeling like shit. Have a game later tonight.

For Sale:

#5 OutcastFalcon

OutcastFalcon
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 18 November 2012 - 04:35 PM

The flu. Missing my return to the ice by a week at least due to it. Oh and the Wii U being held for me while I'm broke... Yup. Bout sums it up.

#6 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 18 November 2012 - 11:58 PM

My 3 month old puppy wont listen to me and he was extra ornery today :thumbdown:

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#7 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 19 November 2012 - 12:33 AM

My football team really sucks ( Eagles... they stopped playing ) ... Also my fantasy football team under acheived by 45 points....

I MISS NHL HOCKEY !!!!

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#8 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:30 AM

I was just about to snipe a beauty pair of Jofa size 4s and when I clicked confirm bid I got a screen telling me the guy won't ship to Canada. What the fuck!?!?! That's so annoying. They went for $64 too. I woulda won them for sure.

#9 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 19 November 2012 - 01:49 AM

why didnt you text me Tyler? i could have helped you

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#10 BigCy76

BigCy76

Posted 19 November 2012 - 02:09 AM

I was just about to snipe a beauty pair of Jofa size 4s and when I clicked confirm bid I got a screen telling me the guy won't ship to Canada. What the fuck!?!?! That's so annoying. They went for $64 too. I woulda won them for sure.

You should always try a "try bid" before you snipe, kinda makes sure that you can bid on the seller's item...

I remember once, I contacted the guy before bidding, he said it was ok, and when it was time to snipe, he didn't remove the block on non-US bidders, so I lost out, and guy just never replied...

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#11 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 19 November 2012 - 10:43 AM

I know. I wasn't thinking. I actually have a second Ebay account (SHHHH!!) that's listed from a US address just for situations like this. Everything woulda been fine. Just shitty.

#12 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:37 PM

So me and my roommate (we both play university hockey) always go to shinny pretty much every chance we get and some of the guys are regulars and are absolutely great guys, take it seriously but can joke around you know and we've made tons of friends, ;)... But seriously haha. But lately all these new faces have been turning up and I have nothing against new people it makes it way more fun but they're all ASSHOLE because we're the only 2 girls!! It's the most outrageous thing I've ever encountered and I don't understand at all!! Because I'm a goalie, guy always start off with these little weak shots or try and pass through me crease (I'm sorry no, I'm going to stick check it away) or do stupid shit then when I stop them they'll come blistering down the wing and wire a slap shot high the next time or feed it across on a 2 on 1 with my defence being weaker (and they know) and I'll stop then again and they'll yell fuck or slam their sticks on the boards... The hell. It's the weirdest thing, I've never been in that situation before, am I supposed to let you score? I don't know? I'm usually not taking it very seriously at all and most of the time I'm joking around back there with the 2 pad stacks the rare time, t's just who I am, I like having a good time and I love hockey and people love it when you can add some humour to the game.

The same thing goes with my roommate who comes with me, she's a defence (and one of the best I'll say) and she usually just pushes guys wide instead of poking the puck away and when they try to dangle she'll just keep her stick out etc. letting have the option to deke and guys get PISSSED because they can't just walk around her... I don't understand.

The guys who know us because we're out there all the time (we have our school colours on everything and they happen to be extremely bright) know that we can play and love it. All the fresher faces (usually guys in their late 20s that don't go to school around here or aren't older) step onto the ice and think because we're the only girls we can't hold our own. It's ridiculous! This has been going on for the past 4 times and a guy today was chirping me and actually tried to fight me saying we should drop the mitts etc... Okay pal you're maybe 5'2 on skates you need to relax. Needless to say all the guys on my team stepped in. It was time for me to rant and let it all out on here.

The worse part is that we go out there to have fun, not because we think oh we can show these people up, no that's not how the game works and people like that are asshole. If you're good you're good it doesn't matter if you're a guy or a girl. If you want to score on me I expect your hardest shot or at least your best effort, I'm not going to give it to you for free just because you think I'm a girl and can't save a beach ball. And there are guys out there who wire the shots and I love it because I know they have the decency to shoot hard because they think I'm somewhat good you know? Same with my roommate when guys who dangle and deke around her the next time she'll take them and it's a great battle.

UGH SO FRUSTRATING! I don't know what to do, do I let guys score? Does my roommate let them walk around her and make her look silly? It's shinny it's supposed to be fun yet intense enough to get a good game going isn't it? I hope none of you guys are like this LOL
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#13 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:38 PM

I just wrote a book... It's rather entertaining haha
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#14 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Introduce your blocker to his chin. He will take you seriously from then on. I know I would!

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#15 skleiner1

skleiner1

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:43 PM

We go to shinny to get away from all that stuff and just have fun but holy people get so angry! It's 10:30am what could you possibly be that upset about when you come out onto the ice haha.
Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#16 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 19 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Those guys live in a world where they think women are the inferior sex. Just keep sticking it to them. Play your game. You aren't out there for them, you're out there for your own enjoyment.

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#17 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 19 November 2012 - 05:20 PM

Don't even bother with those dudes. I just had a sick game of shinny yesterday, and there was 5 or 6 girls there. Couple of em had some serious skill, was very impressive. We were joking around having a good time, but there's always a couple of dudes who try to dangle them, miss, and then lose their minds. I can't stand the gorilla mentality sometimes. Those are the same type of dudes who never want the girls on their team, even though they can't skate worth a damn, and don't even belong in the same league half the time. If I notice the goalie is a little weaker than I'm used to, I definitely won't be sniping top shelf, I'll be trying fun stuff or at least giving the tendy a shot at it, it's way more fun that way. Too many people take it WAY too seriously, just gotta have fun your own way, and to hell with anyone who doesn't like it!

#18 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 19 November 2012 - 06:04 PM

Wow, you had more PSHG trouble even after the 2 LH glove incident? Wow....that's horrifying bad luck.

#19 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 20 November 2012 - 08:51 AM

The new guy left a laptop connected to a monitor in the resort Cafe/Game Room last night, needless to say it wasn't in there this morning. Computer was brand new and now I have to tell my boss that it is missing... fun times.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#20 ibeck

ibeck

Posted 20 November 2012 - 09:22 AM

I'm missing 3 straight beer league games. I'm super pissed because 2 of the 3 teams we play against are at the top of our division.

I'm in a class at school where we have a 3 part project. Our teacher was supposed to hand back part 2 yesterday but he forgot our and 2 other groups papers at home. We can't start part 3 until what we see to improve on for part 3. It's extremely frustrating when students are supposed to live up to certain standards and the teachers can't. Now we have to wait until next monday to get our paper back and meet as a group to make changes and move forward. It's not like we have 3-4 other courses and end of the year assignment and papers for those classes to.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657