Photo

The Rant Topic - What's Bugging You Today?

• Please log in to reply
2021 replies to this topic

#1761 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 29 February 2016 - 08:23 PM

I agree.  Outing a few of these members might help them understand  

If they are clueless enough to make inappropriate requests in the first place, I doubt public shaming will have an impact. I am all for it, sounds entertaining.  

#1762 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 22 March 2016 - 09:13 PM

Was getting harassed today by someone over $3 in shipping prices, but then realized he's one of those that takes a great deal to turn around and flip, no sale.

#1763 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 24 March 2016 - 06:12 PM

I absolutely love when people post how amazing their pickups are in the "recent pick ups" thread and then in less than 48 hours proceed to post them for sale. 

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#1764 Aussiescott

Aussiescott
  • LocationBC Canada

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:33 PM

So today was the Canucks team sale and due to the late notice I was unable to attend but luckily I have made friends with a few people on here from doing deals and what not, anyway a fellow member on here contacted me and asked if there is anything I would like as he would be going to the sale and did not mind picking me up some gear so we chatted a little then I sent him a list(some things pretty wishful but a list none the less) this morning I get a few text messages saying how there was very limited offerings so it wasn't looking good and also some of the pricing was a little on the high side, so I replied saying if there isn't much can I get a signed camo jersey and we decided on the Hansen one being the best left. So I said sweet when the member went up to the counter he asked if they would ship it to me and they said not a problem he even checked with the manager and it was all good gave them my details and they would contact me, I said no worries the manager and I were talking only a few days ago he should still have all my details so it all sounded great. This is where it went bad. No one contacted me for 2 hours which is fine cause I expected they would have been busy but when I constantly try to return the call with no answer and cannot even leave a message it starts to get fustraiting, they call back in another few hours and I miss it again but call back with in minutes and nothing again so I keep trying then I finally get through more then 4 hours later and 2 emails(1 as soon as I got notified from the member it was there on hold for me and the 2nd after I could not get through confirming)to the manager. So I spoke to just a sales person and he informed me that they had sold my jersey after having it on hold for 2 hours also acknowledging that they were to busy to answer the phone or check emails, what was I meant to do? So they offer me an alternate option cracknell(who isn't even in the Canucks no more) or vey, hardly the same I said then they offer a $50 discount, I still do not see the value. So I left it saying I would like the manager to contact me about this stuff up cause I'm now without, why offer something if you aren't willing to go through with it? Haven't herd anything back as of yet.

Rant over

#1765 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 26 March 2016 - 09:50 PM

I love punctuation.

#1766 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 27 March 2016 - 04:33 PM

I absolutely love when people post how amazing their pickups are in the "recent pick ups" thread and then in less than 48 hours proceed to post them for sale. 

especially the ones that are, "OMG!!!! I've been searching for these forever!!!" and then they're in the for sale section for twice what they're actually worth......

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#1767 olioli

olioli
  • LocationBearded Clam County

Posted 28 March 2016 - 10:24 AM

Always makes me laugh

#1768 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:51 AM

Left ushockeyman positive feedback for the item he bought from me and asked him to return the favor, deletes the PM with no response and no feedback.  Least he could do considering how much haggling he did over a pair of brand new CL pants.

#1769 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 29 March 2016 - 11:36 AM

^That guy is the worst douche ever on this forum period.

I rhink id rather give my equipment free to someone rather then sell hum some stuff

#1770 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 29 March 2016 - 12:17 PM

If I'm selling, I won't ship until I get paid, and I won't leave feedback until the buyer leaves it.  You'll probably notice how my feedback left for others is a fair bit higher than feedback left for me.  I consider it part of the overall deal.

My view is that in a forum such as this one, feedback is important and should be left.  However, if a buyer can't be bothered, I'm not going to bother either.

I'll always leave it if I'm the buyer.

#1771 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 29 March 2016 - 03:38 PM

I share a similar sentiment in that once I am paid and I have shipped, my end of the deal is done therefore I should leave feedback.  Just a common courtesy, as you mentioned, on a site like this to share feedback mutually between buyer and seller.

#1772 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:16 PM

So today was the Canucks team sale and due to the late notice I was unable to attend but luckily I have made friends with a few people on here from doing deals and what not, anyway a fellow member on here contacted me and asked if there is anything I would like as he would be going to the sale and did not mind picking me up some gear so we chatted a little then I sent him a list(some things pretty wishful but a list none the less) this morning I get a few text messages saying how there was very limited offerings so it wasn't looking good and also some of the pricing was a little on the high side, so I replied saying if there isn't much can I get a signed camo jersey and we decided on the Hansen one being the best left. So I said sweet when the member went up to the counter he asked if they would ship it to me and they said not a problem he even checked with the manager and it was all good gave them my details and they would contact me, I said no worries the manager and I were talking only a few days ago he should still have all my details so it all sounded great. This is where it went bad. No one contacted me for 2 hours which is fine cause I expected they would have been busy but when I constantly try to return the call with no answer and cannot even leave a message it starts to get fustraiting, they call back in another few hours and I miss it again but call back with in minutes and nothing again so I keep trying then I finally get through more then 4 hours later and 2 emails(1 as soon as I got notified from the member it was there on hold for me and the 2nd after I could not get through confirming)to the manager. So I spoke to just a sales person and he informed me that they had sold my jersey after having it on hold for 2 hours also acknowledging that they were to busy to answer the phone or check emails, what was I meant to do? So they offer me an alternate option cracknell(who isn't even in the Canucks no more) or vey, hardly the same I said then they offer a $50 discount, I still do not see the value. So I left it saying I would like the manager to contact me about this stuff up cause I'm now without, why offer something if you aren't willing to go through with it? Haven't herd anything back as of yet.

Rant over

Interesting, I've recently made friends with an equipment guy for their team. i wish i could have seen this before, i would have texted him for help. He's great about getting stuff shipped out 

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#1773 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:17 PM

If I'm selling, I won't ship until I get paid, and I won't leave feedback until the buyer leaves it.  You'll probably notice how my feedback left for others is a fair bit higher than feedback left for me.  I consider it part of the overall deal.

My view is that in a forum such as this one, feedback is important and should be left.  However, if a buyer can't be bothered, I'm not going to bother either.

I'll always leave it if I'm the buyer.

Im on that same note. i'm at 26, but I've left WAY more, i don't think I've received feedback in 5 years now. 

#1774 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:33 PM

Im on that same note. i'm at 26, but I've left WAY more, i don't think I've received feedback in 5 years now. 

Everyone knows you're the man, feedback is not necessary for you berto

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#1775 MileHigh23

MileHigh23
  • LocationAthabasca, Alberta, Canada

Posted 29 March 2016 - 08:36 PM

I should prob be well over 50, I mostly just buy tho so not a big issue. I'm usually good at leaving feedback, might be a bit late but I usually get around to it.

#1776 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 29 March 2016 - 10:40 PM

Everyone knows you're the man, feedback is not necessary for you berto

well, you must have had a lot of sweetener today.

#1777 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 04 April 2016 - 09:05 AM

when someone sent you a pm to buy something ask you your paypal adress and after that no more communication and then he didnt buy or when you got a message from something you are looking for , the guy ask 150$ and then 2 days after he say "sorry i decided to keep but ill sale for 200$"

#1778 FCB51

FCB51
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:18 PM

After having an aqua duct burst at Halloween which flooded the neighbourhood and our house, we've had another flood that was caused by a crappy concrete repair job in the basement.

A 2m by 1m crack formed that has been letting water in at around 3 lts a minute. Insurance is gong to cover the repairs and the possessions, mainly my hockey stuff this time, but it fucking sucks this has happened twice in the last 6 months!!!!

#1779 olioli

olioli
  • LocationBearded Clam County

Posted 12 April 2016 - 07:08 AM

Ah damn... Sorry Rob... Not again dude

#1780 FCB51

FCB51
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 12 April 2016 - 10:16 PM

Yup, found out today the whole basement is going to be ripped up and rebuilt again. Such a fucking waste...