Photo

The Rant Topic - What's Bugging You Today?

• Please log in to reply
2021 replies to this topic

#1821 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:01 AM

When I schedule a package pick-up with USPS and they don't bother to come pick it up, then I receive a confirmation e-mail stating it's been picked up....

#1822 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:55 PM

When I schedule a package pick-up with USPS and they don't bother to come pick it up, then I receive a confirmation e-mail stating it's been picked up....

that happens to me about 1/4 of the time....... :mad2:

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#1823 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 08 February 2017 - 11:11 PM

"Can you send more pics"..... only to be never heard from again.

What, the additional photos of the brand new pair of fully described gloves that you already had pictures of surprised you? Thanks for wasting my time. Does anyone wonder why I hardly try to sell here anymore?

Better yet is when silence is replaced with a lowball offer..... only to never be heard from again.

#1824 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 20 February 2017 - 01:28 AM

"Can you send more pics"..... only to be never heard from again.

What, the additional photos of the brand new pair of fully described gloves that you already had pictures of surprised you? Thanks for wasting my time. Does anyone wonder why I hardly try to sell here anymore?

Better yet is when silence is replaced with a lowball offer..... only to never be heard from again.

I'm almost exclusively eBay now, between what you said and currency conversion. It's ashame because there are fantastic people on here, but some just suck the fun out of the hobby.

#1825 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 06:42 PM

I'm almost exclusively eBay now, between what you said and currency conversion. It's a shame because there are fantastic people on here, but some just suck the fun out of the hobby.

"What?! You can not sale that gloves for $75 CDN shipp to Laval?  :canada: "

#1826 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 10:11 PM

I'm almost exclusively eBay now, between what you said and currency conversion. It's ashame because there are fantastic people on here, but some just suck the fun out of the hobby.

I'm always more than happy to check out whatever awesome shells you have......😀

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#1827 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 24 February 2017 - 07:20 PM

when you get a best offer on eBay , you agreed and after 3 days the guys didnt paid .. so you need to relist

#1828 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 25 February 2017 - 05:18 AM

Also best offer options should be like some buy it now auctions where you have to pay for it right away or it stays up on eBay.

I've had a few of the buy it nows on eBay fully pay for an item then almost immediately requested a cancelation.

2 of the three situations i denied cancelation and shipped the item because the reason was a joke. It's been a couple months now and no issues. Doesn't make any sense cause you have to click a lot of buttons to make a purchase and fully pay for it.

The third one was a guy from Russia buying, even though in my auction it says USA and Canada only. I have nothing against international buyers but due to the large cost of shipping most items I don't even bother.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#1829 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 28 February 2017 - 10:52 PM

When you find out that a team has been registering a player as present,  while it is actually someone else wearing his shirt,  so that he can be eligible to play in the playoffs. I thought Hockey was a game of integrity and sportsmanship was I wrong?

#1830 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 02 March 2017 - 02:03 PM

When you find out that a team has been registering a player as present,  while it is actually someone else wearing his shirt,  so that he can be eligible to play in the playoffs. I thought Hockey was a game of integrity and sportsmanship was I wrong?

You're wrong, some people cannot help themselves.

#1831 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:32 PM

The third one was a guy from Russia buying, even though in my auction it says USA and Canada only. I have nothing against international buyers but due to the large cost of shipping most items I don't even bother.

Most Russians seem to use a warehouse service now, you ship to the states and the service gets it to them.

#1832 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:33 PM

When you find out that a team has been registering a player as present, while it is actually someone else wearing his shirt, so that he can be eligible to play in the playoffs. I thought Hockey was a game of integrity and sportsmanship was I wrong?

Welcome to adult league hockey in Pittsburgh, never witnessed more cheating in my life ranging from NHL players in d-league to rink employees altering games played.

#1833 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 02 March 2017 - 07:04 PM

One of the many reasons I stopped playing men's league and stick with drop-in/pickup hockey. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#1834 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 03 March 2017 - 01:38 AM

Most Russians seem to use a warehouse service now, you ship to the states and the service gets it to them.

Yea I'm well aware of that as I've shipped quite a bit using the method you've described. But unfortunately not all of them know about this method.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#1835 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 03 March 2017 - 10:15 AM

[quote name="Jake91" post="317461" timestamp="1488499454"]

One of the many reasons I stopped playing men's league and stick with drop-in/pickup hockey. [/quote

Just sucks because we play with the same 11 guys all year and then see guys home from college in the playoffs. Here's the 50 bucks for a trophy if you need one that bad.

#1836 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 03 March 2017 - 07:06 PM

my favorite nuisance is I'm doing a hat give away through warrior, that's actually amazing, I asked for simple off the shelf hats and instead they had some made for us through Violent Gentlemen, and the dudes who spend ample time ripping on me for running proclaimed, are the same ones saying "I need a hat"

I know its a give away and they have a fair chance, but is it really fair to give someone anything if all they do is talk shit?

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#1837 FCB51

FCB51
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 06 March 2017 - 07:44 PM

^ no it is not...it should be for loyal followers!

#1838 bluelinebully

bluelinebully
  • LocationMontco, PA

Posted 10 March 2017 - 09:57 AM

Is it just me, or has there been a huge influx of spambots over the past couple of weeks?

I know to watch what I click when I open a thread and Chrome asks me if I want to translate the Russian posts...

Max steez.

I know a lot more than you about collecting bud, so save the shit

#1839 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 13 March 2017 - 12:03 PM

Site members, often who have conducted numerous transactions on this site, who ask for shipping quotes and then either disappear or act surprised when they find out shipping costs what it costs.   How $12 for USPS priority mail within the US still surprises anyone is beyond me.  Could I drop gloves in a garbage bag and ship a little cheaper?  Sure, maybe.  But why anyone would pay the amounts people pay for gear and then balk at $3 to ship gloves in a box instead of a baggie just boggles my mind.

#1840 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

"What's your best price?"

If I see that in any sale thread, posted in public view, I cringe.  I'm usually pretty flexible when people come in with offers that are fairly close to what I'm asking, but if I see that question in my thread, I'm ignoring that user.