Photo

The Rant Topic - What's Bugging You Today?

• Please log in to reply
2021 replies to this topic

#1841 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 13 March 2017 - 02:59 PM

Site members, often who have conducted numerous transactions on this site, who ask for shipping quotes and then either disappear or act surprised when they find out shipping costs what it costs.   How $12 for USPS priority mail within the US still surprises anyone is beyond me.  Could I drop gloves in a garbage bag and ship a little cheaper?  Sure, maybe.  But why anyone would pay the amounts people pay for gear and then balk at $3 to ship gloves in a box instead of a baggie just boggles my mind.

seriously??? I got exactly the quote I expected. I'm just trying to decide if I like Yakapov specs that much.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#1842 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 13 March 2017 - 03:35 PM

seriously??? I got exactly the quote I expected. I'm just trying to decide if I like Yakapov specs that much.

This is a pet peeve a lot larger than just you.   But that being said, sometimes a little courtesy of "thanks, let me get back to you" goes some distance too.

There are people here who absolutely get it and are so easy to deal with that I'll go searching for something I don't have for sale, or I'll go running down the street after a mailman so I can get a package out even quicker, or I'll cut a better deal just because.  When I see PMs from those people, its a pleasure.  Same with a some of the new people who have never made a deal here.  I'll walk them right down the path of getting the deal done right.  

But, the lack of courtesy from many here in many respects is an irritant.  Everything from "got pics?" requests have me taking additional photos, uploading and sending that never get followed up on, to responding to a bunch of questions, only to never hear from the person again would all go to making this place just a little bit better.

"What's your best price" is definitely another.

#1843 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:00 PM

oops! the "seriously???" wasn't at all directed to you. it was directed at the "why can't you just shove them in a shoe box and mail them parcel post for $3" people. :)

I didn't even realize that I didn't reply to you because I was on the road and just scanning through stuff during a break.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#1844 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:02 PM

oops! the "seriously???" wasn't at all directed to you. it was directed at the "why can't you just shove them in a shoe box and mail them parcel post for $3" people. :)

I didn't even realize that I didn't reply to you because I was on the road and just scanning through stuff during a break.

No worries.  Just ranting in the rant thread.   Happens whenever a sale post goes up. 

#1845 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 13 March 2017 - 04:57 PM

The "best price " should always be $10 higher than asking price. If everybody does this maybe it will stop?

#1846 FCB51

FCB51
  • LocationMontreal, QC

Posted 13 March 2017 - 05:53 PM

I'd gladly pay the extra, I had a guy wrap up a pair of gloves and send them to me in a DORITOS bag covered in packing tape!!!

#1847 bluelinebully

bluelinebully
  • LocationMontco, PA

Posted 13 March 2017 - 07:55 PM

I'd gladly pay the extra, I had a guy wrap up a pair of gloves and send them to me in a DORITOS bag covered in packing tape!!!

Was he at least decent enough to leave a little extra Cool Ranch dust in there so your gloves tasted nice?

Max steez.

I know a lot more than you about collecting bud, so save the shit

#1848 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 14 March 2017 - 03:50 PM

Site members, often who have conducted numerous transactions on this site, who ask for shipping quotes and then either disappear or act surprised when they find out shipping costs what it costs.   How $12 for USPS priority mail within the US still surprises anyone is beyond me.  Could I drop gloves in a garbage bag and ship a little cheaper?  Sure, maybe.  But why anyone would pay the amounts people pay for gear and then balk at $3 to ship gloves in a box instead of a baggie just boggles my mind.

Got a pair of Made in Canada Reebok 852s CHEAP in an eBay auction... less that $40 after shipping. I was really pumped when I saw they were delivered, and could not wait to open the bag. I was prepared for a little cleaning and TLC, but otherwise they looked like really nice gloves, especially for what I paid. I got home and found them smashed completely flat into a tiny bag and taped like that to make it as small/dense of a package as possible. Apparently, since the gloves sold so cheap, the seller was determined to save something on shipping. Got them through the wash cycle, at least they cleaned up really well. But, it is going to be some work with cardboard rings in the cuffs and time in the skate oven to get them back into a normal shape, some of the foam and plastics in the gloves were warped being shipped like that. I would have paid more for them to be put into a proper-sized flat-rate box.

Not to mention, the backhand liners were removed, and there was no mention of it in the item description. 

#1849 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 14 March 2017 - 04:14 PM

That's olioli' s trademark...

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#1850 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 14 March 2017 - 07:28 PM

Doritos bag? WTF?

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#1851 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 20 March 2017 - 11:31 PM

were the gloves covered in nacho cheese as well ?

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#1852 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 April 2017 - 09:51 AM

11:50pm game on Saturday night (Which is bad enough). I intentionally did not go out or make plans because of the late game. Get to the rink around 11:15, get suited up with the team, 5 minutes before puck drop the refs walk into our locker room and say the other team did not show up. We cannot get a straight answer from anyone on whether:

a. The rink was told well in advance and they just decided not to let us know.

OR

b. The other team decided they weren't playing and just did not show up.

The other team's captain had made a Facebook post around 7:30pm looking for a goalie for the game, and they had someone respond that that could play at 7:45(ish) pm. 

TL;DR: Super late game Saturday night, other team did not show, and we were not informed until right before we were supposed to go on the ice; wasted Saturday night. 

#1853 ibeck

ibeck

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:33 AM

^ That is extremely frustrating to put it nicely

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#1854 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 03 April 2017 - 10:42 AM

I would be so angry. Late games are hard enough to get motivated for, but a SATURDAY one? Yikes. Sorry man, that sucks.

#1855 Moose

Moose

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:04 AM

I got a better one: we show up as a team to play a league game at 9:30pm, go out for warm ups and see the other team out there warming up. their team rep comes over and says they couldn't find a goalie and asks if we wanna play half ice or something.

#1856 ibeck

ibeck

Posted 03 April 2017 - 11:29 AM

Seriously I think thats worse. That almost happened once this season with us. Luckily the goalie who played before us stayed.

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#1857 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 03 April 2017 - 01:23 PM

FKN all Stars at shinny getting to me (the goalie) and start deeking like douche exactly 2min after I started to stand between the pipes...

I have to control my emotios not to swinng my stick behind their head everytime

#1858 kevboy555

kevboy555

Posted 03 April 2017 - 06:12 PM

I got a better one: we show up as a team to play a league game at 9:30pm, go out for warm ups and see the other team out there warming up. their team rep comes over and says they couldn't find a goalie and asks if we wanna play half ice or something.

I had the same situation a couple weeks ago in a must win playoff game. We were all pumped up for it, and we finish the warmup and the other team says their goalie didn't show. They got in touch with him, he was doing some home renos, and lost track of time. That's just terrible....

#1859 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 10 April 2017 - 10:35 PM

Got a pair of Made in Canada Reebok 852s CHEAP in an eBay auction... less that $40 after shipping. I was really pumped when I saw they were delivered, and could not wait to open the bag. I was prepared for a little cleaning and TLC, but otherwise they looked like really nice gloves, especially for what I paid. I got home and found them smashed completely flat into a tiny bag and taped like that to make it as small/dense of a package as possible. Apparently, since the gloves sold so cheap, the seller was determined to save something on shipping. Got them through the wash cycle, at least they cleaned up really well. But, it is going to be some work with cardboard rings in the cuffs and time in the skate oven to get them back into a normal shape, some of the foam and plastics in the gloves were warped being shipped like that. I would have paid more for them to be put into a proper-sized flat-rate box.

Not to mention, the backhand liners were removed, and there was no mention of it in the item description.

Not to mention the person who did this is a member here.

#1860 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 25 April 2017 - 09:02 PM

Mailed a stick Priority to canada 20 days ago, still no scan after leaving the facility.  Gotta wait 7 days for the international investigation to finish.

Mailed 2 domestic packages and 1 international to pat yesterday, no scans at all.  USPS is always reliable for a weeklong headache

IG: Fooj Media