Photo

The Rant Topic - What's Bugging You Today?

• Please log in to reply
2021 replies to this topic

#1901 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 20 February 2018 - 02:15 PM

people who post things for sale here and then disappear.  :mad2:

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#1902 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:19 AM

people that sent you a message about something you have for sale

" ill take it "

and then the day after "sorry im gonna pass"

#1903 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 02 March 2018 - 10:05 AM

people that sent you a message about something you have for sale
" ill take it "
and then the day after "sorry im gonna pass"

That remains rampant around here.....

Also, “i didn’t see it listed, but I was wondering if you still have... because I’d like to buy it.” and you do, and reply, and never hear from them again.....

Also. “Can you send me more photos?” And you do, never to hear from them again.

Even better, they wait six months to reply about items they said they would take, then ask for a better deal than they already agreed to.

#1904 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 03 March 2018 - 06:51 PM

That remains rampant around here.....

Also, “i didn’t see it listed, but I was wondering if you still have... because I’d like to buy it.” and you do, and reply, and never hear from them again.....

Also. “Can you send me more photos?” And you do, never to hear from them again.

Even better, they wait six months to reply about items they said they would take, then ask for a better deal than they already agreed to.

annoying , " im gonna pass because i need the gloves , socks , pants to match the jersey you are selling " well the jersey is a good start , ill say just dont message people if you are not sure about buying something

#1905 JC116_MTL

JC116_MTL
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 13 March 2018 - 12:09 PM

Furthermore on the topic...... just had a member say: 'yep awesome send me the Paypal invoice and I'll pay right away.'

sends invcoice

Member PMs back saying 'oh been super busy will get that payment to you asap'

a week passes, crickets chirping  :dunno: 

* deletes PM *  

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you absolutely have been found wanting. Welcome to the new world. God save you, if it is right that he should do so."

#1906 jtwright2

jtwright2
  • LocationLos Angeles, CA

Posted 06 April 2018 - 08:06 PM

A tale as old as time - but I'm going to rant about it anyway - the old 'think you're giving someone a deal' and they go and try and flip what you sold them for double... 

I'm not here to criticize anyone's ways of making money, and there are no laws against flipping items for profit, but of all ways to make $100 $38 (I did the math, somehow), it's so weird to do it on hockey equipment.  We're not talking war relics, or signed memorabilia here, just a pair of mitts... just seems a bit odd to me.  

Again, it's a free market economy, everyone has the right to do what they want - but I think one of the great parts about this site is that everyone loves to collect new and different gear.  Get outta here with your 'side business'.  Enjoy the gear and use it ya bums, take your 'business' to Ebay.

#1907 Evanblake

Evanblake
  • LocationTri cities, TN

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:31 PM

Not sure what planet you live on JT but you are one whiny girl. I'm glad the majority of people think girls like you are douche nozzles. To whine about a 38 profit at best case scenario, which never happens btw. Get a life chump change. Its pro return gear lmfao, once it leaves your possession it's no longer your business. Do people tell.you what to do with your purchases? If they do and you listen your just a coward. It's fun the laughs we've had at your expense

#1908 Evanblake

Evanblake
  • LocationTri cities, TN

Posted 12 April 2018 - 04:36 PM

And for people that spend more money than JT makes in a year, other things come up on the daily that make you reconsider other deals. Like Crosby gamers and ovi gamer jerseys. I have bigger fish to fry than deal with petty pansies like yourself. And its pro stock for Gods sake. Get over yourself you bum

#1909 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 12 April 2018 - 05:10 PM

"Guilt is the price we pay willingly for doing what we are going to do anyway."

Isabelle Holland

“He that is conscious of guilt cannot bear the innocence of others: So they will try to reduce all others to their own level.

Charles James Fox

I have no dog in this fight, and don't personally care what you sell your shit for, but no one called you by name and you made yourself look like a petty jackass in the span of two posts. 

Good Idea; Whistling while you work.

Bad Idea; Whistling while you eat.

#1910 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 12 April 2018 - 06:04 PM

you made yourself look like a petty jackass in the span of two posts. 

The above is true.

#1911 Evanblake

Evanblake
  • LocationTri cities, TN

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:23 PM

He did indirectly with his $38 comment and going on my other post leaving his bullshit comments. It's good, I wont deal with him anymore, no biggie

#1912 Evanblake

Evanblake
  • LocationTri cities, TN

Posted 12 April 2018 - 07:26 PM

Just unprofessinal when you get paid exactly what your asking price is but feel obligated to tell other people what to do with their stuff. I live in a state where hockey is in its infancy and the kids I coach cant afford to get out of learn to skates and rental gear because they cant afford league fees or gear for that matter. Me and 2 other coaches help fund that by buying and selling so its personally disrespectful to me. Message me, dont ne a candy ass and put shit on my listings

#1913 WheelSnipe

WheelSnipe

Posted 12 April 2018 - 09:02 PM

Bla bla bla dude, enough with the sob story, no one cares

#1914 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 12 April 2018 - 10:30 PM

So these kids can’t afford basic gear, yet your solution is to sell them pro stock gear at a profit?

Quit while you’re ahead.

#1915 kevboy555

kevboy555

Posted 12 April 2018 - 11:16 PM

So these kids can’t afford basic gear, yet your solution is to sell them pro stock gear at a profit?

Quit while you’re ahead.

I think he buys the gear that he thinks is being sold under “market value” then turns around and sells it for what the market bears and what someone is willing to pay, and if from that, he turns a small profit, he takes that profit and invests it in gear for the kids without technically buying the gear for the kids with money “out of his pocket” which in turn, keeps his wife from being mad, while he is still doing a solid for the kids and his community. Honestly guys, cut the guy some slack. I think his intentions are good, and he is helping grow the game in an area that is underserved. I think it’s a good thing.

Just my 2 cents.....

#1916 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 April 2018 - 12:21 AM

Someone (not associated with this site) hilariously took the time to try and scam me on something I had listed on eBay. They strung me along and showed interest, urged me to give them a buy it now price because a 7 day auction is just too long. I said ffinnneee, I don't normally do this, but I took the time to make a PayPal invoice that was extremely detailed and precise to avoid any misunderstandings. An hour or so after I sent the invoice, the moron sent me a fake email from "paypalpayment@trackdelivery.co.uk" stating that the payment for my EBAY item (I sent a PayPal invoice that was unrelated to the auction) has been "APPROVED" and would be credited to my account as soon as I provided a tracking number.

I laughed as soon as I read it, especially the part about how the "buyer cannot cancel the payment because it has been programmed on our database, so you are to go on with the shipment and get back to us with the Tracking Number of the Shipped item," but I'm still disappointed that I wasted so much of my day communicating back and forth with this douche and drawing up a detailed invoice for... nothing.

To the scammer: Choke on a dick, prick. To the others that took the time to read this: Always, always, always log into your PayPal account to make sure the funds are there before sending anything.

uF4LU2M.png

#1917 louie

louie
  • LocationPittsburgh

Posted 15 April 2018 - 11:35 PM

I had some guy, twice, say he didn’t receive his items after roughly six months. Luckily, PayPal sided with me as I pointed out he filed two separate claims for items he bought months apart. So if you didn’t get item one, why buy from the same seller a second time.

#1918 Max92

Max92
  • LocationCanada

Posted 16 April 2018 - 02:44 PM

when you are selling something that you think the price is good and better then everythere else

and people on here pm you and still trying to get a deal .. and argue on shipping cost ..

pro stock hockey gear market is dead ..

#1919 Buzz_LightBeer

Buzz_LightBeer

Posted 16 April 2018 - 06:11 PM

As if I didn’t hate the Leafs already, idiots shouting during anthems is just one more reason added to the list.

(Chicago, I’m looking at you as well)

#1920 afrozenpond

afrozenpond
  • LocationUtica, NY

Posted 16 April 2018 - 08:22 PM

As if I didn’t hate the Leafs already, idiots shouting during anthems is just one more reason added to the list.

(Chicago, I’m looking at you as well)

People can shout whenever the fuck they want to shout. Anthems have no place in sports anyway.