Photo

The Rant Topic - What's Bugging You Today?

• Please log in to reply
2021 replies to this topic

#1941 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 21 March 2019 - 02:37 PM

Forget it. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#1942 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 04 July 2019 - 05:16 PM

One of the most bizarre transactions on eBay I've ever had in my 10 years as a member.

On June 27th, I bought a 2018 MacBook Pro from an eBay seller who has over 150 positive reviews within the past 12 months (252 in total). I went through Paypal and paid with a credit card...

4TzQyK2.png

He shipped the item on the 28th via the slowest possible method: USPS Retail Ground with Signature Confirmation. When I worked out the math, I figured he would have spent more to send the item Retail Ground than if he were just to send it Priority via the Paypal Shipping Center. But, I brushed it aside. The package was to be delivered on July 5th. In that time, I noticed that he had listed the same listing with slightly different spec descriptions with a quantity of 2, which both ended up selling. I was a bit skeptical, but the fact they had different specs than the laptop I bought, I brushed it aside. On July 3rd, my package was out for delivery. By 9am, my package had been delivered and signed for, but by someone else. I'm freaking out, USPS allowed someone to sign for my laptop, and all I have is a first initial and a last name. Around noon, I ran to the post office, and told them they let someone else sign for my package. A manager stepped in, took my tracking info, and looked up who signed for it. He showed me the full name and I said, "I have no idea who that is...". He asked for my address, I told him, and he said, it looks like the package was delivered to your neighbor. He said, the address on the box wasn't 94, but it was 98. I thought to myself, that's kind of strange... since my shipping address is already provided by Paypal, there shouldn't have been a number mistake (unless, he wrote it by hand). So, I ran over to my neighbor's house, knocked, no answer, rang the doorbell, no answer, ran inside my home, grabbed a piece of paper, wrote a note and placed it on his front door telling him that he signed for my package that had my name on it but his address, and to leave it on my doorstep when he was free. 

Later that night, my neighbor knocks on my door and tells me that he signed for a package this morning, but it didn't have my name on it, but it had his wife's name on it. At this point, I'm confused. How the hell can a seller mistype my address AND my name. Thankfully, my neighbor is super friendly, invited me into his home and opened an Adorama package with his wife's name on it and a fake sender address

xOJBE7L.jpg

Inside of the Adorama package was...

6Ip5Rmt.jpg

A book entitled, "Long Time Gone" and a crumpled up "Thank You" note. Obviously, I've been defrauded and the seller's account was compromised too, right? The seller's account got hacked and someone went the extra mile to ship something, right? Well, here's where it gets a bit interesting. Underneath the book, I found an Adorama receipt with... none other than the eBay seller's shipping and billing address...

VgYOfBm.jpg

So... I'm confused. Did this guy try to scam me and forget to remove his receipt from a previous order? Or did someone go the extra mile to find a package with a receipt with his name on it, hack his eBay and Paypal account, post several eBay listings over a week and and half that all sold, looked up my neighbor's name and address, paid $20+ dollars to ship her a book with a fake sending address that just happened to still have a receipt that links to the eBay seller, then put the tracking for that package on my eBay transaction, but then, suddenly, as soon as I opened an eBay ticket, have a guilty conscious, turn around, and cancel one (or both) of the other listings that sold? (I can tell one of the other sold items was canceled because one of the buyers left negative feedback stating that the seller, without word, canceled the transaction)

Either way, my ass is covered, but so far, no word from the seller. So I guess time will tell.

#1943 wobblypops

wobblypops

Posted 07 July 2019 - 11:29 AM

That is insaneeee

looking for Dallas/Texas Stars & UND Fighting Sioux gear

#1944 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 13 August 2019 - 04:08 PM

Too many sellers listing junior-sized equipment as pro stock these days.

#1945 JC116_MTL

JC116_MTL
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 16 November 2019 - 04:59 PM

Haven't been on 2K for sometime, but I have some grievances to air 

It's a few times within the last month that I've received messages here or personal texts from members (who will not be named) 

asking me for deals on my stuff that I sell on Sideline. Here are a couple examples

"Bro, deal bro? Can you do me a deal, bro? C'mon bro, we've known each other for a while, man. Help me out, brother."

-said one member who I had never met nor had any previous conversations in my LIFEDude was straight up delusional. 

--------------------

Here's another recent one:

"How much for these sticks man, I'm really really interested."

[I give him the price, not giving these away by any means. I do the listed price minus website fees like I'd do for anyone else, simple as that. Not gonna give these away.]

Proceeds to give me grief, trying to basically tell me what stuff is worth and how he simply doesn't want to pay what I'm asking. 

Me: "If you can't afford it that's not my problem, I'll sell them online to someone else"

He then gives me this whole spiel explaining why I should give him a cheaper price, yada-yada-yada. 

At the end of the day, I don't care bro. 

You can get your panties in a bunch all you want, but went I give a price, that's the price! 

I want to make clear that not all members do this, for the most part the members that have reached out weren't flaky and didn't put up a fuss when buying something from me outside of Sideline. And to those who have done so, I appreciate you and am always open to do more business.

But to the time-wasters, dreamers, and tire-kickers, TAKE A HIKE!!!! DON'T BOTHER ME ANYMORE WITH YOUR SOB STORIES!! I'm here to sell stuff and make a profit, that's the capitalist world we live in, baby! 

Thanks for reading, 

back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

JC

"You have been weighed, you have been measured, and you absolutely have been found wanting. Welcome to the new world. God save you, if it is right that he should do so."

#1946 Moose

Moose

Posted 17 November 2019 - 07:51 AM

#1947 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 18 November 2019 - 03:07 PM

Good post. I see nothing wrong with asking a fellow member for a break on the price of an item, but throwing a fit when there is none to be had, or it is "not enough"... Get all the way out of here. 

Haven't been on 2K for sometime, but I have some grievances to air 

It's a few times within the last month that I've received messages here or personal texts from members (who will not be named) 

asking me for deals on my stuff that I sell on Sideline. Here are a couple examples

"Bro, deal bro? Can you do me a deal, bro? C'mon bro, we've known each other for a while, man. Help me out, brother."

-said one member who I had never met nor had any previous conversations in my LIFEDude was straight up delusional. 

--------------------

Here's another recent one:

"How much for these sticks man, I'm really really interested."

[I give him the price, not giving these away by any means. I do the listed price minus website fees like I'd do for anyone else, simple as that. Not gonna give these away.]

Proceeds to give me grief, trying to basically tell me what stuff is worth and how he simply doesn't want to pay what I'm asking. 

Me: "If you can't afford it that's not my problem, I'll sell them online to someone else"

He then gives me this whole spiel explaining why I should give him a cheaper price, yada-yada-yada. 

At the end of the day, I don't care bro. 

You can get your panties in a bunch all you want, but went I give a price, that's the price! 

I want to make clear that not all members do this, for the most part the members that have reached out weren't flaky and didn't put up a fuss when buying something from me outside of Sideline. And to those who have done so, I appreciate you and am always open to do more business.

But to the time-wasters, dreamers, and tire-kickers, TAKE A HIKE!!!! DON'T BOTHER ME ANYMORE WITH YOUR SOB STORIES!! I'm here to sell stuff and make a profit, that's the capitalist world we live in, baby! 

Thanks for reading, 

back to your regularly scheduled programming. 

JC

#1948 bakerboy

bakerboy

Posted 18 March 2020 - 10:48 PM

13” bauer 1s new condition isn’t $100 including shipping

#1949 bakerboy

bakerboy

Posted 18 March 2020 - 11:00 PM

Been doing this longer than anyone else

If pricing is not what you can afford or feel is fair my apologies but someone else might feel differently...

Let’s get this hobby back to where it belongs

#1950 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 22 March 2020 - 11:56 PM

13” bauer 1s new condition isn’t $100 including shipping

Been doing this longer than anyone else

If pricing is not what you can afford or feel is fair my apologies but someone else might feel differently...

Let’s get this hobby back to where it belongs

So 80$ shipped to Hamilton is no dice ?

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#1951 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 16 April 2020 - 07:03 PM

Amen! So many people think they can get brand new pro stock gloves for less than a pair of Bauer Lil' Rookie gloves. 

#1952 ntwusc

ntwusc
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 May 2020 - 03:49 PM

As a seller I freaking hate SLS policy on holding payments 72 hours after a product is received. I just shipped a package to Canada, which already takes a long time, then the guy's address had changed, so it took a couple extra days to be rerouted. Then it had to be signed for, so he had to go pick it up at the post office. Now he's got the item, posted pics here and on PHEW about how much he loves it, but hasn't released the payment yet. It could end up being 15+ days between dropping the item off with USPS and the funds being released. 

#1953 AARONSWORLD

AARONSWORLD

Posted 01 May 2020 - 06:19 PM

Did you message him to leave you feedback for the item? I hate the 72 hour rule as well. It should be 24 hours, 48 MAX. 

#1954 ntwusc

ntwusc
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 01 May 2020 - 09:32 PM

Yeah, he responded pretty quickly. Seems like they could shorten the timeframe for established sellers, but then again, they haven't figured out how to filter out questionable seller names, so I'm not holding my breath.

#1955 Moose

Moose

Posted 25 June 2020 - 05:11 AM

I waited years to find a wire stick rack like you’d find at your LHS ... find one on kijiji, 10 mins from my house for $30, guy doesn’t respond to the ad for 4 weeks. Oh what could have been....

#1956 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 27 June 2020 - 12:40 PM

Forget it. 

#1957 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:12 PM

The art of negotiation is lost on most people. As a buyer, your opening should never be "What's the lowest you can go on this?". I set a price - respond with an offer not ask the seller to negotiate against himself.

#1958 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 27 June 2020 - 03:24 PM

Forget it.  

#1959 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 01 July 2020 - 07:15 AM

The "Will you trade me your A-Plus-Super-Nice Item for my Garbage-Odds-And-Ends guy?"

Grinds my gears.

#1960 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 01 July 2020 - 09:40 AM

Forget it.