Photo

The Rant Topic - What's Bugging You Today?

• Please log in to reply
2021 replies to this topic

#1961 bretwilhite

bretwilhite
  • LocationPHL

Posted 02 July 2020 - 12:30 PM

Also, I know this one has been said a million times, but please buyers: JUST READ! I don't understand how some can forego an entire description with sizes, conditions, and other notes and blindly ask questions or make an offer without reading a single word. Then, guess whose fault it is when something turns out to be too small/too big/doesn't fit their model of equipment?

THIS

#1962 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening
  • LocationNorthern California

Posted 04 July 2020 - 03:41 PM

Forget it. 

"What is your lowest/best price?" is NOT an offer. 

#1963 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 19 July 2020 - 04:11 PM

Forget it. 

#1964 Chow_hound

Chow_hound

Posted 06 October 2020 - 12:01 AM

This is a very specific rant but lately have been seeing this run rampant. People selling stuff and just throwing “Pro Stock” on the listing. This usually happens on SLS because of the drop down option and people wanting call a retail item pro stock for the perceived added value.

I’m a big Jofa collector and specifically elbow pads. I can’t say the number of times I have seen someone posting retail pads as “Pro Stock”. Drives me up the wall.

Yes they are an awesome elbow pad but FFS just list them as a retail pad which is what they are. Sure some pro players arguably could have chosen to use that model, but that doesn’t make them pro stock.

Rant over.

#1965 Maligator175

Maligator175
  • LocationChicago

Posted 08 October 2020 - 09:21 AM

I'm usually a pretty easy-going guy, but this week I had to delete the SLS app off my phone and just check it every night to see if I have to ship something the next day.

Got one guy who keeps sending the same offer. Reject, send again, over and over. Like I'll just give in if he keeps doing it.

Another, I get a message, "I really want these gloves, but not willing to buy for anything close to that price." Then you aren't getting them.

I wish SLS would go like the bay and make it an option if you'll accept a best offer, so we don't have to sift through daily extreme lowball offers. "I know the item is $150, but will you accept $50?"

#1966 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 08 October 2020 - 04:07 PM

I'm usually a pretty easy-going guy, but this week I had to delete the SLS app off my phone and just check it every night to see if I have to ship something the next day.

Got one guy who keeps sending the same offer. Reject, send again, over and over. Like I'll just give in if he keeps doing it.

Another, I get a message, "I really want these gloves, but not willing to buy for anything close to that price." Then you aren't getting them.

I wish SLS would go like the bay and make it an option if you'll accept a best offer, so we don't have to sift through daily extreme lowball offers. "I know the item is $150, but will you accept $50?"

Keep responding with a higher price each time, or use the chat feature to have him blocked. 

#1967 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 08 October 2020 - 04:41 PM

Man, 100%. Got a guy who asked if he could buy one wheel off my skates! Huh?! Yeah, you can buy one wheel, it comes with 7 more and boots! Then there are the ones that lowball claiming after taxes and shipping they can only afford X. well then good luck with your search. Sellers have to pay fees too ya know

#1968 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 02 November 2020 - 01:08 PM

Forget it.  

#1969 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:05 PM

Interested buyer sends me a offer on a Trigger 4 stick I have for sale. Actually wants two sticks and offers me a low ball price well below what we would sell a T4 for. I kindly reply thank you for the offer but I cant accept that. I then tell him I in fact just sold one yesterday for FULL price. He then replies to me that I'm a egotistical maniac and that the way I run my business is dispicable. My prices are wayyyyyy overpriced then the other actual pro stock site (I didn't know there was just one actual pro stock site). 

I just don't understand why buyers get so butt hurt when their offers aren't accepted. If a seller doesn't accept your offer just move on or try and give them your last and final offer. If you cant agree then look for a different item/seller. Bashing a seller for their price choices is almost 100% not going to get them to lower their price to your low ball standards!

#1970 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 03 November 2020 - 08:33 PM

Forget it.  

#1971 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 11 November 2020 - 06:08 PM

Forget it. 

#1972 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 21 November 2020 - 07:35 AM

Maybe I need to get a few buyers point of view on this one but here goes:

Customers orders a stick at 730pm on the 10th. I mail it out in the morning on the 11th. Couldn't possibly mail it out any faster due to the post office being closed over night and not opening up until 830am. 

Stick tracking updates the first couple days then suddenly gets stuck at the distribution center. USPS Priority is usually 2-3 days across the US but ever since Covid there have been some excessive delays due to backlogged distribution centers. So buyer contacts me on the 15th stating that the stick is lost and he wants his money back. I kindly explain its not lost its just hung up in the system. This is neither the first nor last stick this will happen to. He says he doesn't care about any other stick or situation and he is only worried about his stick. Next day I start a case with USPS and contact his local post office which I document and send to him so he knows Im trying to help anyway I can. Postal worker even states the package isn't lost just hung up at the distribution center. 

Next day buyer starts getting nasty saying he's out a stick, im stealing his money, he wants his money back, he wants us to mail another stick. All of which we cant due because the stick isn't deemed "lost" just hung up. So now were onto Thursday and no update on tracking so I contact his local post office again. Lady says they have 3 people working on this situation and should have a answer by Friday. I document all this and tell the buyer all this info. Lady at post office also says buyer has called them several times as well so he's very aware their telling him the same thing he told me. 

Friday comes and what do you know, tracking updates and stick is out for delivery. Stick is confirmed DELIVERED on friday so I send him a couple emails first showing its delivered then second apologizing about the situation but unfortunately this sometimes happens with USPS. Prior to the stick being delivered I received about 4-5 emails a day from the buyer but once it was delivered I got nothing!!

Looked on our google review and he leaves a 1 star review the day before it was delivered saying "Ordered a pros tock stick two weeks ago. Still have not received it, and DK hockey is telling me oh well just wait for it. I would like DKHOCKEY to refund my money for this item thanks."

First of all it took 9 days(7 business days) for the stick to be delivered not 2 weeks. I remained in contact with the buyer the entire time. Answering all his questions, trying to ensure him that the stick was just caught up in the system and not lost. In the end he continued to say it was our fault for using USPS, demanding his money back, and blaming us for this situation. Ultimately he received his stick and went ghost on us after leaving that unneeded negative review. 

#1973 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 21 November 2020 - 11:09 AM

Maybe I need to get a few buyers point of view on this one but here goes:

Customers orders a stick at 730pm on the 10th. I mail it out in the morning on the 11th. Couldn't possibly mail it out any faster due to the post office being closed over night and not opening up until 830am. 

Stick tracking updates the first couple days then suddenly gets stuck at the distribution center. USPS Priority is usually 2-3 days across the US but ever since Covid there have been some excessive delays due to backlogged distribution centers. So buyer contacts me on the 15th stating that the stick is lost and he wants his money back. I kindly explain its not lost its just hung up in the system. This is neither the first nor last stick this will happen to. He says he doesn't care about any other stick or situation and he is only worried about his stick. Next day I start a case with USPS and contact his local post office which I document and send to him so he knows Im trying to help anyway I can. Postal worker even states the package isn't lost just hung up at the distribution center. 

Next day buyer starts getting nasty saying he's out a stick, im stealing his money, he wants his money back, he wants us to mail another stick. All of which we cant due because the stick isn't deemed "lost" just hung up. So now were onto Thursday and no update on tracking so I contact his local post office again. Lady says they have 3 people working on this situation and should have a answer by Friday. I document all this and tell the buyer all this info. Lady at post office also says buyer has called them several times as well so he's very aware their telling him the same thing he told me. 

Friday comes and what do you know, tracking updates and stick is out for delivery. Stick is confirmed DELIVERED on friday so I send him a couple emails first showing its delivered then second apologizing about the situation but unfortunately this sometimes happens with USPS. Prior to the stick being delivered I received about 4-5 emails a day from the buyer but once it was delivered I got nothing!!

Looked on our google review and he leaves a 1 star review the day before it was delivered saying "Ordered a pros tock stick two weeks ago. Still have not received it, and DK hockey is telling me oh well just wait for it. I would like DKHOCKEY to refund my money for this item thanks."

First of all it took 9 days(7 business days) for the stick to be delivered not 2 weeks. I remained in contact with the buyer the entire time. Answering all his questions, trying to ensure him that the stick was just caught up in the system and not lost. In the end he continued to say it was our fault for using USPS, demanding his money back, and blaming us for this situation. Ultimately he received his stick and went ghost on us after leaving that unneeded negative review. 

Well, many people are insufferable pricks.  Is it possible to respond to the google review like you can with ebay feedback?  Just layout the timeline and people will be smart enough to figure out the rest. 

#1974 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 23 November 2020 - 08:06 AM

After 5 days of constant angry emails and demanding his money back I got nothing from him since the stick was confirmed delivered. Sent him a couple nice emails saying we're glad everything worked out and that the stick was finally delivered. We handled this situation the same as any other missing stick/item we shipped. 

Finally get a response from him, "Appreciate you working with me, will change the feedback"

#1975 daveski7

daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 23 November 2020 - 09:21 AM

Good for you Keith, glad it worked out. I have had nothing but good experiences with you. Takes alot of patience and eating crow in retail but at the end of the day you showed alot of class and professionalism and that takes care of itself. I think people don't think out the whole situation and are way too quick to leave negative feedback

#1976 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 23 November 2020 - 04:28 PM

Forget it. 

#1977 olioli

olioli
  • LocationBearded Clam County

Posted 23 November 2020 - 07:33 PM

Bency does the same, (exchange his services for money) usually at night time on a street corner, but sadly.. he doesnt make much money...

Come to think of it... usually costs him money in the end.

#1978 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 23 November 2020 - 10:27 PM

Forget it. 

#1979 WindyCity

WindyCity
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 December 2020 - 08:21 PM

I'm just done with this hobby and sport. Buying/trading/selling used to be so much fun from 2015-2017 or so. Now it's just an absolute chore.

-Idiots trying to drop the gloves at every single pickup, including roller hockey! People assaulting each other over 8 AM Saturday morning roller hockey is the most pathetic thing I have ever seen. A bunch of tough guys that don't wear any padding or masks, but guess who will be the first to cry and throw a hissy fit if they get checked? They wouldn't last a second on the ice. 

-Idiots buying your listings without reading one word and forcing a refund/return within 5 minutes. eBay will automatically force you to refund immediately, at least SLS has some seller protection when it comes to that sort of thing. I still cancel though because I don't want to deal with the POS marking "not as described" to fish for a refund. Once you click buy it now, it is YOURS. Period.

-Idiots wanting to haggle over $3 and get free instant shipping like it's Amazon. Idiot buyers that expect you to send the item at impossible times, like on Sundays or 15 minutes after the item sells when you're at work/busy. Once again, this is not Amazon with instant prime shipping, you are buying from an individual! This also goes for people who ask if I have more in stock or need to stock more of X. I'm a person, not a store and I do not stock things! I just sell gear I don't use!

-Idiots wanting brand new rare gloves for $40, then insulting you when you say no. I've been called an "f" word slur against gay people more times than I can count because I refuse to sell my rare MIC gloves for cheaper than Bauer NSX gloves. The biggest offender is user Cole_J_2 on SLS. The kid is 10-13ish and goes wild without any parental supervision, yet somehow has not been banned.

-Idiots that favorite/watch your listings over and over and over with absolutely zero intention of buying the item. Either buy it or don't! I know this one isn't a big deal but it annoys me to no end!

-Idiots that TELL YOU (not ask) how much they are going to pay for your item, like it's up to them. Buy it at my (always very fair) price or don't. You don't get to tell me how much you're paying for my item! Example: There was a prick on here (I forgot the name, it's been awhile, they were from Vancouver) that told me he was going to pay $125 for my mitts that I was selling for $150. He also told me shipping was $15, when it was in fact $25. I tried to tell him that shipping to Canada was $25 (even wrapped in a bag) and he mocked me, telling me it's $15 and that is the most he would pay for shipping, like I control USPS's prices. I ended up caving because I needed the money in 2016 or whenever this was, but now I would instantly block/report. If you negotiate like that, you're a scumbag.

-Idiot scumbags using COVID-19 and unemployment as excuses to grovel for huge discounts on my gear. Begging for hockey gear for 90%+ off using that as an excuse is abhorrent. Go fuck yourself.

-Idiot sellers and stores sending you an item that's not even close to as described or the wrong item, then trying to gaslight you into accepting it or making every excuse in the book to not refund you. I'm not sure why sellers have been so stubborn lately, but I have been getting the hardest time trying to get a refund or exchange when sent the wrong item! One example is Lax Dip Dyes, a lacrosse dye company that refuses to acknowledge that they sent me the wrong color dye packet and wants Sherlock Holmes level proof/wants me to send the original dye packet back, like I'm making it up to scam them out of $16. Just send me the new dye, which probably cost 14 cents to make at some sweatshop.

-The same goes for idiot sellers that refuse to reimburse you for missing packages. I bought a $50 item on eBay, the item was stuck in their location for over two months and the prick came up with every single reason to not refund me. I ended up filing a case and won immediately, but seriously you as the seller are responsible for a lost package. I’ve refunded lost packages immediately, then filed a lost package claim. This does not include the loons that want items ASAP like in cthockey's story below me; that guy is just an impatient douche. 

-Idiot scammers ripping me off like it's just another Thursday for these people. Hundreds of dollars gone because of scammers and people/stores who refuse to reimburse me for their mistakes. I wish I could have at least donated it to charity instead of giving these idiots a dime.

-Every time I sell something, I get a slew of messages asking what's wrong with X, why are you selling X, why don't you like X, what don’t you like about X, I know you said no trades but would you trade X for my Y, sell all your X so you can buy my Y! Please just stop. Just because I’m selling things doesn’t automatically mean I don’t like them. I'm selling because I need money for more important non-hockey related ventures, which means I not want to trade for more hockey gear! I haven't been able to get on the ice since February and most likely won't be able to for a very long time. Because of this, everything that's not part of my basic set of gear and my glove/sets collection has to go. My business is dead and I have to do odd jobs to make any form of money right now. Currency can be exchanged for goods and services, I need currency and I have goods and services. It's that simple. 

-I don't control shipping prices! I can't magically ship for free and if something is expensive to ship, that's NOT ON ME! Go complain to the USPS or Canada Post for fucks sake! 

-Idiot Sharks fans that are brutally insufferable and do not understand hockey in the slightest, as most NHL fans are I'd imagine.

I'm not going to sell all my gloves, I'm just burnt out. Maybe in a few years I can enjoy hockey again. The only reason I stick around is to see people's awesome pickups, check out the amazing gloves coming from Custom Pro Repair, and to laugh at idiots like that guy selling beat up ECHL Railers gloves for $300.

TL:DR: Idiots, including me.

You may find you enjoy hockey again in a while.  I know I got burned out on it a while ago but kept most of my gear and then I started up again.  It does wear on you with all these douche bags but hopefully you take some time off and come back again.

#1980 Golden Gate Sharpening

Golden Gate Sharpening

Posted 09 December 2020 - 07:16 PM

Forget it.