Pittards Digital Palms

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#1 Guest_Gymmonster_*

Guest_Gymmonster_*

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:09 PM

Hey guys

I was successfully able to contact Pittards (http://www.pittards.com) directly and after talking with their CSR I was able to convince them to sell me sheets of their Digital leather. This leather is not available for purchase on their online store and is the same leather used on pro gloves.

The sheets are 4.5 sq feet and I was told 1 sheet will be able to repalm one pair of gloves. A teammate is also going to be purchasing a sheet but I would like to see if anyone else is interested in ordering as well before I place the order.

The cost is 21 pounds (roughly $34 USD based on current currancy exchange rates) and shipping is a flat 10 pounds (which would be shared amongst all who order). I would likely then forward the palms to you in an large envelope to save on extra shipping charges.

My plan is to then take the sheet of leather to a local shoe repair shop/cobbler and have them remove the palms on my gloves and trace, cut, and repalm with the digital leather. I figure this would probably cost $30-40 so you're looking at about $70 to get a pair of gloves repalmed with digital leather direct from pittards without the need to ship your gloves out. For me this is worthwhile as no shops around me offer digital as an option.

I'll likely order after the weekend as Pittards is probablyclosed for the weekend already due to them being in England

Enjoy!

#2 phillyflyers215

phillyflyers215
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:15 PM

That's cool they were able to do that.

#3 Guest_Gymmonster_*

Guest_Gymmonster_*

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:21 PM

Wow had to edit that last sentence, it made no sense whatsoever....I need more coffee

#4 Guest_Gymmonster_*

Guest_Gymmonster_*

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:34 PM

Just did a quick calculation:

4.5 square feet is roughly 25.4 by 25.4 inches. Seems like you might be able to get 2 gloves out of 1 sheet. If anyone with more experience could confirm this it would be much appreciated.

#5 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:54 PM

When you say sheet you mean it would need to be cut out and then you could sew it?

#6 Guest_Gymmonster_*

Guest_Gymmonster_*

Posted 23 November 2012 - 01:59 PM

When you say sheet you mean it would need to be cut out and then you could sew it?

That is correct yes. It would come as either a square or rectangular shaped sheet which you would then cut into the shape of your palms and sew on. The leather is not precut into palms. I think this is probably better as all gloves have different shapes, widths, etc.

I guess it might be an easy DIY but I don't know how to sew lol.

#7 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:15 PM

You better hope the entire sheet is usable for the purpose of hockey gloves. Being that it is a natural hide, there could be some "voids" (i.e. bad spots).

#threadcloser

#8 Guest_Gymmonster_*

Guest_Gymmonster_*

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:20 PM

You better hope the entire sheet is usable for the purpose of hockey gloves. Being that it is a natural hide, there could be some "voids" (i.e. bad spots).

I told them specifically that I was repalming hockey gloves so I'm hoping that they wouldn't send sheets with bad spots. The sheets I'm buying are made specifically for hockey glove palms. I also thought digital leather was an enginered leather?

#9 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 23 November 2012 - 02:52 PM

Is this the pittard palms that kessel uses?

#10 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 23 November 2012 - 05:50 PM

Yes, same thing,.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#11 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:40 PM

I told them specifically that I was repalming hockey gloves so I'm hoping that they wouldn't send sheets with bad spots. The sheets I'm buying are made specifically for hockey glove palms. I also thought digital leather was an enginered leather?

I'm sure they aren't going to give you a bad sheet on purpose, but, it happens with natural hides. I recall being at Eagle back in the day and the waste on natural hides was significant. Pittards Digital is goat hide, not engineered. It is tanned, however, it isn't like the synthetic digital that is used on many Asian made gloves...

#threadcloser

#12 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

It is a synthetic digital that is created for Bauer overseas, unless the Toronto staff is re-palming for him and using Pittards via Eagle or Warrior. I'd bet on the former...

#threadcloser

#13 phillyflyers215

phillyflyers215
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Does Kessel use pittards on Bauer? I have his Easton's with pittards and they are awesome.

#14 cott1

cott1

Posted 15 December 2012 - 03:25 PM

any update dude?
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#15 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 15 December 2012 - 06:08 PM

Does Kessel use pittards on Bauer? I have his Easton's with pittards and they are awesome.

Most likely no. Bauer's pro gloves are made in the orient and they make their own, nash based synthetic digital. Truth be told, he probably wouldn't know the difference.

#threadcloser

#16 phillyflyers215

phillyflyers215
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

any update dude?

Me?

#17 phillyflyers215

phillyflyers215
  • LocationPhilly

Posted 15 December 2012 - 11:00 PM

Most likely no. Bauer's pro gloves are made in the orient and they make their own, nash based synthetic digital. Truth be told, he probably wouldn't know the difference.

Thank you for the info.

#18 Guest_Gymmonster_*

Guest_Gymmonster_*

Posted 17 December 2012 - 03:07 AM

No I think he was referring to me. cott1 and I ordered a few sheets from pittards. Still haven't received them yet, hopefully they'll arrive before Christmas.

#19 cott1

cott1

Posted 17 December 2012 - 10:30 AM

Cool :)
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#20 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 09 May 2013 - 06:14 PM

Old post so I'm sorry for bumping... BUT does anyone have any "care" tips for these palms, just got them on a pair of customs and don't want to ruin them by not knowing 

Hope someone can help me out :)

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1