Photo

Returning broken sticks

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 brandon_rusty

brandon_rusty

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:09 AM

Hope this is the right section

So I recently just bought a 20K (brand new) stick off my friend and the blade cracked within 3 skates. I have no receipt, but I work at a sport apparel/memorabilia shop. Is it possible to make a receipt from my store and make it look like it was purchased from my store and send my stick back to RBK?

#2 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 05 December 2012 - 02:20 AM

No, that is 100% illegal.

#3 hockey17

hockey17

Posted 05 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

And the serial numbers wont match up so i dont think itd work, would it?

#4 SSG_Beantown33

SSG_Beantown33
  • LocationGrafton, MA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:51 AM

Serial #'s for sticks are not on the reciept. there is no way to track what exact serialed stamped stick you bought by a reciept. it is done by the sticker & stamp on the actual stick. So in theory you CAN you any reciept that is within 30 days but yes its illegal and would be tough for you to do

#5 - M

- M

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:12 AM

Yep, it's called fraud.

My LHS has a keeps purchases on file for customers and has no issues re-printing receipts for warranty purposes. However they won't fabricate one like you are asking.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#6 dirtysouthgentleman

dirtysouthgentleman

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:15 AM

just buy pro-stock sticks you dont have to mess around with those warranty thingys..... :D

#7 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 05 December 2012 - 09:16 AM

I wouldn't do it. Try contacting Reebok and see if they can do anything for you. I have found some stick companies to be pretty cool when it comes to these sort of things.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#8 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

So I recently just bought a 20K (brand new) stick off my friend and the blade cracked within 3 skates. I have no receipt, but I work at a sport apparel/memorabilia shop. Is it possible to make a receipt from my store and make it look like it was purchased from my store and send my stick back to RBK?

...And people wonder why the price of retail sticks is so high...

#9 PinkEye

PinkEye

Posted 05 December 2012 - 10:38 AM

Wouldn't Reebok know that your store doesn't still twigs?

#10 brandon_rusty

brandon_rusty

Posted 05 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

Alright. Thanks for the input guys. This was just a curiosity question to be honest. I'll just shoot RBK a call.

#11 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 05 December 2012 - 05:56 PM

ask your friend for the receipt, it doesn't get any easier then that.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#12 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 05 December 2012 - 08:07 PM

...And people wonder why the price of retail sticks is so high...

This pretty much nails it.

#13 invictus8

invictus8

Posted 06 December 2012 - 03:29 PM

I know a few people that make fake receipts, it jacks up the cost of retail sticks

#14 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:29 PM

30 day waranties suck shit!!! What do most guys play 2-3 nights maybe x four weeks? So you have 12 skates or less roughly to break a stick... Such bullshit!! Yet you can buy a baseball bat & get A 1 year warrantee on it and yet another year on the replacement for it!!! More bullshit!! Screw retail twigs!! 300$ for a top of line china garbage? Buy PS!!!!!!!! Lol

#15 timdog

timdog

HOCKEY: Making Dentist Rich Since 1875 :)

• PipPipPip
  • 3,307 posts
  • LocationThe hammer

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:33 PM

Fake receipts are not making prices higher, it's the greedy manufactures who are slowly bringing the prices back up.. Don't you remember when sticks were up to 300 a few years ago & companies were geting tons of grief over it.. Prices dropped for a year or two but now their creeping back up to the 300$ mark again.

#16 OutcastFalcon

OutcastFalcon
  • LocationTulsa, OK

Posted 06 December 2012 - 11:55 PM

10 internets to Tim. Nicely put.

#17 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 07 December 2012 - 07:48 AM

I thought the same way Tim. Bought a retail Mako the day it came out... broke less than 24 hours later. Easton messed up and shipped me an M2 as a replacement. Needless to say I was a little confused. Spoke to customer service again (I was very polite) and they informed me the stick was on back order and wouldn't ship for 3 months. I asked if I could keep the M2 and have an M5 sent to make up the difference and they agreed. The second stick arrived and all was well. BUT THEN about a month and a half later I had a brand new Mako on my doorstep waiting for me when I got home. Moral of the story (for me at least), if you are honest and upfront, that the people who sell these sticks are pretty understanding and will make it up to you. Basically I got 4 sticks for the price of one.
:headbang:
but after having both retail and pro stock OPS sticks break on me, I switched to pro stock 2-pieces... have held up great ever since.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#18 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 07 December 2012 - 08:14 AM

In Canada, Reebok is offering a 60 day warranty on all Sickick 4 sticks until Dec 31st :y

Posted Image
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#19 SSG_Beantown33

SSG_Beantown33
  • LocationGrafton, MA

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:10 AM

^^^^ I was just going to post this...US Reebok is as well

#20 Kovey10

Kovey10
  • LocationChicago, IL

Posted 07 December 2012 - 10:14 AM

Remember when the 30-day warranty was directed at factory defects and not normal wear and use of a stick...or did nobody read the fine print. I don't even think sticks say that anymore on them, they just slap the stickers on them and figure people are going to send them back regardless. And yes this is part of the reason prices are through the roof, obviously everything else is going up price wise too, but warranties are a contributing factor.