Photo

Too Much Hockey Ya Think ???

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

#1 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:00 PM

So I just looked back at our schedule and in the last 45 days we played 37 games plus 4 tournament games. Seems like quite a bit really but I relish it. So far we've played just over 100 games this year already.

In the next 10 days coming up we have 8 more games.

Does anyone think this is too much hockey for a 48 year old guy and do you think I should cut it down a bit ?? We play in 3 leagues right now. After the winter leagues wind up we have a 2 week break and then get into spring/summer league.

BTW, the wife doesn't mind that i play all the time, and noooooo she's not getting it on with the neighbour. :censored:

Just looking for your thoughts on this and would also like to hear how much others on Sports2K play in a year.

Hab

#2 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:07 PM

Man I wish I could play that much.

Well, maybe not that much haha, but anything is better than what I'm doin now...nothing

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#3 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:09 PM

If it doesn't effect other parts of your life it isn't too much :).

Hopefully I can play that much once I move onto beer league.

For Sale:

#4 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 02 February 2013 - 10:53 PM

I wish I played that much. I don't think I played a hundred games in all of 2012.

#5 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:05 PM

Couple years ago I was playing 9 times a week +. Loved every minute of it. Now I'm down to 4, maybe 5 a week. The more the better in my books!

#6 Beer leaguer

Beer leaguer

Posted 02 February 2013 - 11:39 PM

I only play a 2 league games a week which are on wed and sun nites. Along with a random general skate with my gf once a week. Pickup games are hit and miss each week. So on a good week playing 3 times on ice 4 times. Usual week 2-3 times on the ice. I am home off work for abit but there is not much in terms of hockey besides what I play now. I would love to keep it at that and bump up my play with summer league. Hopefully I move somewhere nice soon that allows me to do this! Hab4life main thing is your enjoying yourself and it isnt hurting anything else you care about. Sounds like you are living the dream as far as I am concerned :headbang: And you said for a 48 year old, well as long as you are keeping your nutrition intake up. Can't really say as long as your doing cardio haha seeing you skate as much as I walk a week. You live once and if all is good in non hockey life while you live it up in the hockey world keep at it man. Jealous!

#7 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:09 AM

Couple years ago I was playing 9 times a week +. Loved every minute of it. Now I'm down to 4, maybe 5 a week. The more the better in my books!

How do you play that much?

For Sale:

#8 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 03 February 2013 - 01:22 AM

Damn, I'm gonna be rustier than I thought for the tourney in April. Hopefully I can keep up!

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#9 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 03 February 2013 - 03:03 AM

Well, I just got home from a game, go figure eh !! :dunno: Tie 1-1, great game.

I like what I'm reading so far, I think this thread is a gooder, keeps me thinking I'm doing what I should be doing and that's enjoying life by indulging what i love the most, besides the wife of course. It makes me very happy that she also likes to see me profit from the sport by having good health and actually meeting so many more people that have become friends of ours and that we have many more options at get togethers and other functions as well by knowing more people.

Hockey rules !!!!!

#10 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 03 February 2013 - 10:48 AM

How do you play that much?

My apartment was on university campus, right next to the arena. I hit school practice in the morning every now and then, and pickup every day. League games three times a week. Miss that so much.

#11 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 03 February 2013 - 12:06 PM

If your body can keep up with it, keep playing ! There's some of us that have injuries or don't have the luxury of time, as long as you're having fun, keep playing !! And put on a Bruins jersey while you're at it !! :D

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#12 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 03 February 2013 - 02:41 PM

If I showed up with a Bruins jersey on I wouldn't be playing any more hockey, I'd be riding the pine. :LOL:

I'll admit I liked the Bruins back in the 70's with Orr, Park, Cheevers, Bucyck, Middleton, Esposito, Jonathan and all the other boys.

I'm still an Original 6 kinda dude, love the old traditionial ways, that's why I play for the Habs but root for the Hawks.

Bruins jersey's are pretty sweet but that's as far as I can go I'm afraid. :headbang:

#13 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 03 February 2013 - 04:06 PM

There I no such thing as too much hockey or too old for it.

I met this WWII vet that played semi pro hockey until he was 75. Full contact and everything. He was playing against 18-20 years old and schooled their asses. That's crazy

#14 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 04 February 2013 - 07:00 AM

i dont think its alot, but i know i'd be sore alot and that would affect my game

also, id rather spend some of that time with my friends/family/woman doing other things

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#15 wrlittle

wrlittle
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:10 AM

3-4 games a week is enough for me. I need recharge days.

#16 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 04 February 2013 - 10:14 AM

If it doesn't effect other parts of your life it isn't too much :).

+1

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#17 mcawesome

mcawesome
  • LocationSouth Jersey

Posted 04 February 2013 - 11:12 AM

Shit, play as much as you can as long as the wife is cool with it! Before my injury, I was playing 5-6 times a week, 4 morning skates and 2 night skates. Now that I'm just coming back, I'll probably be at 3-4 times max, but soon enough I'll be back to where I was before.

#18 Bosik

Bosik

Posted 21 February 2018 - 03:17 AM

So I just looked back at our schedule and in the last 45 days we played 37 games plus 4 tournament games. Seems like quite a bit really but I relish it. So far we've played just over 100 games this year already.

In the next 10 days coming up we have 8 more games.

Does anyone think this is too much hockey for a 48 year old guy and do you think I should cut it down a bit ?? We play in 3 leagues right now. After the winter leagues wind up we have a 2 week break and then get into spring/summer league.

BTW, the wife doesn't mind that i play all the time, and noooooo she's not getting it on with the neighbour. :censored:

Just looking for your thoughts on this and would also like to hear how much others on Sports2K play in a year.

Hab

Old post, but was wondering how things are going?   :)

it looked odd, but i still grabbed a pair...