JTully317
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 23 October 2013 - 08:19 PM

I definitely will

#102 Grammer

Grammer
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 01 May 2014 - 06:41 PM

Here's something I did today. I got the helmet and visor off a dude on Kijiji for $40 for the pair. CRAZY good deal. I had the cage laying around, and seeing as I never played growing up, I never really wore a cage - and as such I'm not at all used to the bars. So I snipped them! I attached the visor to the newly empty space using Oakley spacers, and voilĂ , a frankencage/helmet combo for $40!!

photo_zpsf8b2a553.jpg

#103 Bar_South

Bar_South
  • LocationSoCal

Posted 01 May 2014 - 08:11 PM

That's crazy never seen something like that before

#104 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 02 May 2014 - 06:08 PM

Did something similar once, but went back to cage when the Re-Akt came out:

img20121121184437.jpg

But this would be more suitable for altered gear thread :)

#105 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 02 May 2014 - 09:43 PM

That's crazy never seen something like that before

yes you have when an NHLer breaks his jaw they put the lower part of a fishbowl and then the visor

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#106 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 02 May 2014 - 10:47 PM

Here's something I did today. I got the helmet and visor off a dude on Kijiji for $40 for the pair. CRAZY good deal. I had the cage laying around, and seeing as I never played growing up, I never really wore a cage - and as such I'm not at all used to the bars. So I snipped them! I attached the visor to the newly empty space using Oakley spacers, and voilĂ , a frankencage/helmet combo for $40!!

Sickkkk. Can you post a side view? And one of how it connects with the visor?

#107 chaos13

chaos13

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:41 AM

U+ FIT 05 with GA caps

Attached Files

#108 beerleaguezero

beerleaguezero

Posted 26 February 2017 - 05:21 PM

I have been reading this site along with MSH for a few years and finally decided to join in on the fun. 

Grammer's post inspired me to try this one....had a slightly scratched up oakley visor and my old cage lying around. Probably should think of using an extended cut or aviator to fill in the gap but it should work for now. 

IMG 5294

Not sure if the image is going to post up. Hopefully I figure this out soon since I have some projekt pro stock shoulders coming in that I am going to dissect into a pair of frankenpads 

#109 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 27 February 2017 - 03:24 AM

Image shows without a problem, welcome to s2k.

You might want to think about taking the edges off (or even better, get rid of the stubs from the vertical bars so they are plain with the horizontal ones) in order not to injure any fellow players.

#110 beerleaguezero

beerleaguezero

Posted 27 February 2017 - 12:23 PM

I was planning on removing all of the stubs. I need to grab my grinder from storage since the hacksaw was a long and painful experience with this cage. This was just a mock up to see how it would all come together. I ordered a bigger visor to put on it as well. 

#111 Gravey48

Gravey48
  • LocationSeattle, WA

Posted 27 February 2017 - 01:25 PM

Cooper Frankenpads.  Not super clean work but some of my first work with a speedy awl;
Shoulder caps from some eagle ppfx905s - snipped the bicep portion off and finished the caps with some nylon webbing
bicep guards from some CCM CS shoulder pads.  
Nash sports pad on back for extra protection
Reinforced the sternum with some extra padding from a padded shirt.

IMG 2689
Album: Cooper Frankenpad
3 images
0 comments

#112 afrozenpond

afrozenpond
  • LocationUtica, NY

Posted 27 February 2017 - 10:31 PM

Bauer Pro Vintage shoulder pads.
Attached belly, sternum, and lower back padding from Sher-Wood 5030s.

DSCN9588[1]
DSCN9589[1]
DSCN9591[1]