Photo

Question for you guys

• Please log in to reply
87 replies to this topic

#41 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:44 PM

I've run into the same thing with a few people.  Their communication is excellent until money changes hands and then... nothing.  They do not respond to texts, PMs, eMails, or phone calls.  Unfortunately, there are more than enough people out there that are only concerned about money, and it makes their world go round.  Hence, as soon as they have it on their side of a deal their interest in the deal wanes.

As mentioned earlier, protect yourself with PayPal as much as you can. Never send money as a gift if you can avoid it (Unless you are close with the person.) Also, if they request money through MoneyGram or a similar service... be wary.

#42 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:35 PM

Say the truth "I'm sorry I don't send payments via gift"
You can state why or leave it at that.

The seller may be fine with that or if not bump the price up a bit.
4% isn't a lot to pay for security.

As a seller when I'm selling something my price is listed expecting I will be paying the fees.

#43 *Leafs*

*Leafs*

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:39 PM

What should I do?

What should we do with this guy?

#44 conlon17

conlon17
  • LocationSt. Catharines, Ontario

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:18 PM

its funny because this guy is an active member here, he made a family picture not too long ago, makes huge for sale ads every little bid, 

i think its fucking ridiculous that a package can take a month plus, ive shipped everywhere and longest is a week in a bit, 

personally i think you should simply message dupes, and ask nicely if he could help you out in the situation. 

Hey if i was scrrwing someone over, and sports2k was my main source of getting and selling gloves and the creator of the site messaged, id message back in 2 seconds.

this guy is a scumbbag and i don't care if he 500 pairs pens gloves, ill never , ever deal with him.

#45 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:23 AM

^ agree message dupes, because if this is true then it beyond ridiculous. iv never had anything take  more then a week and a half to receive or ship anything to the US or Canada  

#46 Brian

Brian

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:38 AM

Do you guys even think he sent the package?   I sure don't.

#47 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 21 March 2013 - 10:47 AM

Your only as good as your last deal, seems this Wooleven dude is no good as of now.

Hope you get some resolve, I'd be pissed !!!!!

this post has been edited by myself, I went on a rant but toned it down. :D

#48 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:44 AM

Same thing happened to me like I explained earlier in the thread. Paid, and never heard from him again.Must have sent 10-15 messages.  Luckily, the package showed up a month later, so it's possible you'll still get yours.

#49 Steelnation248

Steelnation248

Posted 21 March 2013 - 11:49 AM

Whenever I buy something, I always cover the paypal fees when I send it as gift. The protection you get is worth the extra couple bucks, at most. There's a simple website that you can use to figure out what the total amount you need to send to make sure the asking cost arrives.

http://thefeecalculator.com/

#50 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:19 PM

Whenever I buy something, I always cover the paypal fees when I send it as gift. The protection you get is worth the extra couple bucks, at most. There's a simple website that you can use to figure out what the total amount you need to send to make sure the asking cost arrives.

That went straight into my favorites list.

#51 Huskie94

Huskie94
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 21 March 2013 - 12:52 PM

Awesome! Thank you for posting this!

#52 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 22 March 2013 - 02:38 AM

Same thing happened to me like I explained earlier in the thread. Paid, and never heard from him again.Must have sent 10-15 messages.  Luckily, the package showed up a month later, so it's possible you'll still get yours.

Same thing happend to me yesterday.  Paid, sender told me he sent package and he didn't keep the tracking number.  1 month after the package shows up at my door with the US Postal saying they fucked up.  Sender sent the package the day he said but without tracking number was impossible to follow or to know that they had delivered the package to the wrong address.  Moral of the story .... KEEP THE FUCKING TRACKING NUMBER.

#53 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 22 March 2013 - 09:24 AM

Same thing happend to me yesterday.  Paid, sender told me he sent package and he didn't keep the tracking number.  1 month after the package shows up at my door with the US Postal saying they fucked up.  Sender sent the package the day he said but without tracking number was impossible to follow or to know that they had delivered the package to the wrong address.  Moral of the story .... KEEP THE FUCKING TRACKING NUMBER.

Going through the same thing right now.  Guy I bought some items from claims he gave the package to his buddy to ship and his buddy lost the receipt and thus the tracking number.  Box is coming from Canada, so I have absolutely NO idea where the package is or what is going on.

#54 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 01 April 2013 - 01:17 PM

Going through the same thing right now.  Guy I bought some items from claims he gave the package to his buddy to ship and his buddy lost the receipt and thus the tracking number.  Box is coming from Canada, so I have absolutely NO idea where the package is or what is going on.

The saga continues... now claims that the package was not sent, someone "voided" for some random reason.  Could not ship it over the weekend because of the holiday.  Will now ship "when he has time"... May just be me, but if someone has given you a fairly large amount of money... dragging your feet getting to the post office is not the best plan of attack.

#55 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

This is why i tell everyone and those who have traded and bought from me get this all in succession

1. You paid.
2. I tell you thank you. (Naturally)
3. I give you pictures of the following
a. the package
b. the tags/labels
c. the customs/tracking
d. the package going into the post office hands.
E. an email with the tracking/customs numbers and how to use it.
4. If going to canada 7-10 days later its at your house, thats the long non priority parcel shipping.
5. if in the US 2-3 days later its at your pad.

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#56 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 01 April 2013 - 04:40 PM

and if you cant do it for me, Chances are i wont do a deal with you.

#57 *Leafs*

*Leafs*

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:30 AM

Well.... I'm waiting for more than 2 months now...

I'm really pissed off against him

#58 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 02 April 2013 - 10:11 AM

This is why i tell everyone and those who have traded and bought from me get this all in succession

1. You paid.
2. I tell you thank you. (Naturally)
3. I give you pictures of the following
a. the package
b. the tags/labels
c. the customs/tracking
d. the package going into the post office hands.
E. an email with the tracking/customs numbers and how to use it.
4. If going to canada 7-10 days later its at your house, thats the long non priority parcel shipping.
5. if in the US 2-3 days later its at your pad.

Can't wait to do business with you.  That should be the standard procedure to all trades/transactions!

#59 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 02 April 2013 - 12:30 PM

Can't wait to do business with you.  That should be the standard procedure to all trades/transactions!

i'm a firm believer that everyone should do that, some guys get pissed when i demand they do that but, nothing wrong there.

#60 JoeyJ0506

JoeyJ0506
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 03 April 2013 - 10:36 AM

The picture of it going into the hands of the postal worker may be a bit extreme, but everything else is not unreasonable.