Photo

St Michael's Majors Equipment Sale

• Please log in to reply
25 replies to this topic

#1 balsy17

balsy17
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:31 PM

Did the St. Michael's Majors (Toronto or Mississauga) ever hold equipment sales?

Where can you find equipment this team?

#2 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:40 PM

Baker's house...  :rofl:

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#3 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:41 PM

Nope. They don't hold sales, they recycle gear very regularly. Guys have to give the stuff back a lot. Not the richest team in the CHL to be sure.....

#4 Stothers86

Stothers86
  • LocationToronto Ontario

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:47 PM

i got a helmet and gloves from them a few years ago. when they were the majors. all i did was email the team, told them what i wanted and the lady told me to go to the rink and meet her. they brought out like 4 helmets and 2 bins of used and i mean USED gloves. they stunk so bad. but now they changed owners and moneys tight with them i dont think they'll do that.

#5 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 27 February 2013 - 03:51 PM

I've tried to get the cream colored gloves from them for more than 2 years. I always get the same answer, they only made 30 pairs, and the team keeps them for the next players coming in. Same with the jerseys. Impossible to obtain.

Regular stuff they have more of, but same thing. Tight pockets means nothing leaves.

#6 Stothers86

Stothers86

Posted 27 February 2013 - 04:07 PM

this is the only pic of them i could find. i had these ones. they had gone to the newer version that had gold trim so i guess these were just leftovers

613c4fad4061a33422f962f.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

#7 balsy17

balsy17
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:20 PM

I was playing a pick up game with Majors then assistant coach James Boyd last year and he said they sometimes return the gear to reebok or ccm so they can do wear and tear tests.

I've seen Majors equipment floating around a few barns used by guys I know who have never played junior hockey so I know they're out there.

Thanks for the response boys, any leads lemme know :)

#8 balsy17

balsy17
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:24 PM

I'm specifically looking for the "double blue" equipment combo.

250255889c53f5cb14fo.jpg

How sick does the navy blue buckey look with the light blue inserts??

#9 skleiner1

skleiner1
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:31 PM

^^ wow going way back haha

Majors do/did have gear for sale at their annual bbq but over the past years it's been less and less to none. Guys bring home a lot of stuff  now and give it to family/friends etc. I've got most of my Majors locker room things through friends on the team. That era of gear is almost all back at Reebok/CCM since they had terrible funding then, guys gave back everything. My friends boyfriend didn't even get to keep his bag and helmet when he left.

Instagram - Sports2K
- skleiner
Twitter - @Sports2K
- @skleiner1

#10 Stothers86

Stothers86

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:35 PM

i know the battalion are like that too. everything goes back to reebok/ccm. and the players get to take home just enough gear to get through the summer. like 3-4 sticks and 1 of everything else

#11 balsy17

balsy17
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:48 PM

I also saw a lot of their equipment passed down to their Jr. A team the St. Michael's Buzzers after the Majors get a new line of gear to use.

smithu.jpg

#12 balsy17

balsy17
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:49 PM

I'm going to a buzzers game this weekend just so I can "maybe" find something lol

#13 Stothers86

Stothers86

Posted 27 February 2013 - 09:52 PM

when the majors were sold and became the steelheads almost everything they had was passed down to the buzzerds.

#14 balsy17

balsy17
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 February 2013 - 10:02 PM

I bought an old jersey from the buzz for about $215. A lil much for a jr a game worn jersey.

#15 kingston-boy

kingston-boy
  • LocationPrince Edward Island, Canada

Posted 16 March 2013 - 06:32 PM

I have a pair of the full leather cream vector 8 gloves with the light blue ccm. no holes in the palms and no foul odor. Willing to part with them. They are 14inch pro.

I can post a pic if you like?

I've tried to get the cream colored gloves from them for more than 2 years. I always get the same answer, they only made 30 pairs, and the team keeps them for the next players coming in. Same with the jerseys. Impossible to obtain.

Regular stuff they have more of, but same thing. Tight pockets means nothing leaves.

#16 Bardownhockey8

Bardownhockey8

Posted 16 March 2013 - 09:52 PM

Post a pic im interested

#17 stryland

stryland
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 March 2013 - 10:32 AM

I know for a fact that when they were sold to the new owner they drove a moving truck back to St. Mike's and now it's used by the St. Mike's varsity team, even their jerseys. The got everything even the toiletry bags, a co-worker of mine's brother plays there and I am hoping to get a pair of gloves because their season is over

#18 kingston-boy

kingston-boy
  • LocationPrince Edward Island, Canada

Posted 17 March 2013 - 11:02 AM

Post a pic im interested

http://imageshack.us...43/majors1.gif/

#19 balsy17

balsy17
  • LocationToronto

Posted 18 March 2013 - 01:42 PM

http://imageshack.us...43/majors1.gif/

Those are some sick mitts.