Photo

Pants or Girdle w/ shell?

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 sierrawhiskeygolf

sierrawhiskeygolf
  • LocationT-Dot

Posted 22 March 2013 - 05:18 PM

9k is a pretty great way to go, for me at least. much prefer to the pants i have which were old taklas. not very high end taklas so maybe a really nice pro stock pant will be better than the 9k but i love the way the 9k girdle feels, i don't notice the girdle at all. the 9k girdle is a better design than the others i have tried. i specifically like the way the shell attaches to the girdle and the way the midsection of the girdle is form-fitting but the leg pads float. i think a 9k girdle protects really well because it's attached to your body and can't move, so you never get than thing if you fall and the pant shifts. but a pro stock pant might have better protection just because the outer layer of the pant is floating off your body and even on areas where there's no pads, there's still something there. with a 9k or any other shell/girdle combo, in certain areas you might have only the thin layer of shell. 

i've never noticed issue of feeling constrained by a 9k girdle/shell, they fit very well and move with you. if you're heavy in the middle a 9k girdle isn't a good option i don't think, i can't see it fitting a beer-gutted body very well, whereas a pant will conform fine if you're big in the middle. 

#22 dmare13

dmare13
  • LocationOC, California

Posted 28 March 2013 - 06:11 PM

is the CCM Vector girdle shell the same fit as the 9k shell? They look similar but I have no idea

Always looking for some Nasty Toe Curves in a Righty

#23 sierrawhiskeygolf

sierrawhiskeygolf
  • LocationT-Dot

Posted 28 March 2013 - 09:23 PM

i have not seen one except in photos but it looks similar. the RBK is a lot more complicated in it's construction than anything else. it has something almost like a compression short inside, with some pads integrated into the short, then the outer part with more pads. the large hard plastic hip pads and the entire leg pads float off the girdle. this is the main difference between the 9k and other girdles, they way they are sort of made from different layers that float on top of one another. it's a bit hard to explain how the 9k is made... the vector is similar for sure and looks good in the photos i saw.