Ballistik's Content

There have been 1 items by Ballistik (Search limited from 18-June 23)

Sort by                Order  

#34291 Toronto Maple Leafs Equipment Sale

Posted by Ballistik on 30 May 2012 - 09:33 PM in Pro Equipment Sales

One thing I dont understand about this, and maybe bakerboy or someone can chime in and clarify, is why did the Leafs not offer the new pairs of pants as well as the new helmets you have too at the sale, but they were willing to sell them to you? Just something that crossed my mind.

From my experience, its ""who you know". I have been to many of the Leafs equipment sales in the past and the stuff is usually used. Not too often will you find brand new gloves, pants, skates and sticks. I went to a couple of sports stores (Toronto Hockey Repair and Petes Sports in London). I saw brand new Leafs equipment plus good used condition gear. I asked them where it came from and they all told me the same story, Leafs equipment manager called them and asked if they wanted to buy any Leafs hockey gear. So I guess these stores felt it was a good enough deal to go in and pick through the stuff before it goes on sale to the public.

Regarding the public Leafs game used equipment sale, in general it just gets a little bit sadder ever year. There is hardly any good buys out in my opinion. I know that they are priced to be collectors items as such but most people buy to play with not collect. So for an average game used stick for $150 plus tax doesn't seem like much a good buy. I think it would be just better to go buy a pro stock return from Just Hockey or many other LHS. There is no warranty either from LHS but at least its brand new. The only argument I can really think of its that the 'game used' sticks are usually better balanced/feeling than the pro returns (which may feel a bit off).

To those who missed the sale you are not missing much. You can pretty much get most of the above game used items year round, just ask one of the more experienced staff members and they can go get it for you (especially sticks). Skates is a little different.