Mapleleafs-13's Content

There have been 14 items by Mapleleafs-13 (Search limited from 19-April 23)

Sort by                Order  

#388879 Helmet refinish / polishing

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on Yesterday, 07:41 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

I have a referee in my league that had his helmet refinished because he's had it for a couple decades and doesn't want to get a new one. It looked super polished and better than new. I can ask him next time what he paid to have it done.

Thanks!

#388878 Helmet refinish / polishing

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on Yesterday, 07:40 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

This stuff!

https://www.aircraft...BCABEgL9dvD_BwE

I’m sure a similar product would work, but I remember seeing a photo of the Penguins equipment room a few years back and they had a stockpile of this stuff.

Thanks for the input! I will look into this!

If anyone else has suggestions as well please lmk.

#388871 Helmet refinish / polishing

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on 16 April 2024 - 11:17 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

Ken is an expert at polishing helmets... hit him up

Which ken?

#388868 Helmet refinish / polishing

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on 16 April 2024 - 08:31 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

So I got ahold of a bauer bucket in a model and color that’s rare. This model is not made anymore. It was dirt cheap so I decided I’d pick it up and see what it’s like. There’s some dull surfaces and light scratches.

Have any of you ever tried refinishing a helmet for cosmetic reasons? Anyone ever try a buffing wheel and compound? Or any other methods? I don’t know if refinishing is possible but asking on here first just in case.

#388851 How many stick you own?

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on 12 April 2024 - 09:19 PM in Hockey Gear

You know it's bad when I don't think these numbers are unreasonable.

agree.gif

aaronsworld should chime in here. he's got a shitload of twigs. 

#388848 How many stick you own?

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on 12 April 2024 - 05:04 PM in Hockey Gear

Now:

16 ADV's (20 at one point)

10 Agents

2 or 3 hyperlite's floating around somewhere. 

all P92 87 RH

tried different patterns and flexes but realized that these are the only ones for me. 

I used to make fun of those guys on these forums that hoard sticks. Now I am one of them, how the tables have turned. 

#388847 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on 12 April 2024 - 05:00 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

What I draw from the practice jersey is the collar. I hope that is not the collar design on game jerseys. If Adidas collars and that 'home plate' where the NHL patch went looked bad, these appear worse.

IMO Reebok EDGE perfected collar designs. Adidas and Nike have both basterdized them. The two things adidas got right were underarm vents (they do make a difference when playing) and dimples (what can I say, I got used to them)

Reebok 3.0 were the best designed jerseys. Adidas are the best material, breathability and weight. I go several km/h faster on the ice with the adidas ones :)

#388844 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on 12 April 2024 - 02:33 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

There were leaked renders of the new practice jerseys a few weeks ago on Reddit. The idea was a combination of 90’s era practice crests and ‘properly of’ gym clothes of our youth. I don’t understand the different color shoulder bits either. But Fanatics are supposed to be going back to sewn crests vs the rubber stuff adidas used so there’s that…

https://www.reddit.c...e_mentioned_in/

The same jersey as I referred to in my post. they look like hot garbage. Its crazy that they dropped the ball that hard on a practice design, not that hard to make a basic practice jersey that looks good. In my opinion the newer AHL ccm praccy's look bad as well, just not as bad as these fanatics jerseys  

#388827 Neck Protectors

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on 11 April 2024 - 12:45 PM in Hockey Talk

Doesn’t help pelgrave kicked his leg up

Zero chance I’ll ever wear one of those. 

What he did wasn’t a hockey play. It was dirty as fuck and now it’s sparked a huge over reaction for a rare occurrence. A friend of mine played with matt petgrave and he said that he was always somewhat of a dirty player with a bit of a screw loose. Look at his pims on hockey db. 

#388825 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on 11 April 2024 - 12:33 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

https://youtu.be/SUc...vhSmotzHp4Br2Yk

@3:41 there’s a pic in the catalogue of what the new fanatics praccys could look like. If so then it looks like total garbage. I’m too lazy to post a pic so go find it.

#388824 2023-2024 Pro Stock Sightings

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on 11 April 2024 - 12:32 PM in Pro Stock Hockey Gear

never been a slip on guy, always sk8 hi or classics.

all those vulcanized shoes were terrible for me to wear or skateboard in. Idk how people do it. 

#388791 Private Skate in Central Mississauga

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on 05 April 2024 - 02:11 PM in Hockey Talk

Currently starting up for spring/summer 2024 season

#387625 Good shinnies in Vancouver, Surrey, Burnaby?

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on 18 October 2023 - 08:28 PM in Hockey Talk

Going out to van to hang with fam. Might bring gear, which shinnies are good to go to in those areas suggested above. Would be looking for higher level ones if possible. 

#386045 Private Skate in Central Mississauga

Posted by Mapleleafs-13 on 23 May 2023 - 10:17 AM in Hockey Talk

The skate is running again summer of 2023, if you can play this level and want to come out drop me a line with your name and number and highest level played.