Photo

Easton stealth CX Pro vs Retail (3k vs 12k)

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#1 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:05 PM

Idd like to know why the pro version of the Steahlt CX has 3k carbon fiber and the retail has 12k ....

au6xya.jpg15fr589.jpg

#2 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:21 PM

I think this is why... CX is still based off the V9E pro shaft/blade...

IaqcaAk.jpg

VGyiytH.jpg

#3 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:28 PM

i herd this from the rep as well, i gues the main difference at the pro level is the true one construction....interesting i agree

IG: Fooj Media

#4 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 09 March 2015 - 03:32 PM

I think this is why... CX is still based off the V9E pro shaft/blade...

IaqcaAk.jpg

VGyiytH.jpg

hmmm interesting ... kind of lost with that chart ... Do you know what is the diffreence between all of thsoe option ?

basicly there is not the option for the 12k on pro/nhl level right ?

#5 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:29 PM

It's a little confusing, I agree, but basically...

You can order a "packaged deal" highlighted in red (XV9E PRO blade/shaft) or on the far right column, pick what you want: XS19/XU19 (the pro version of the S19, not sure what the difference between the S/U 19 is), V9E SS/V9E SS GR (not too sure what the SS means, but perhaps a slightly different construction of the blade, but I know GR stands for Grip), R125... no idea, RD/SQ refers to the shape of the shaft (round will be more slightly more elliptical around the edges, and square will have harder edges) and from what I gathered talking to my contacts, the XV9E NHL blade/shaft is a slightly cheaper, yet not as sturdy version of the pro that I think they offer to appeal to the college crowd.  

#6 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 09 March 2015 - 04:48 PM

Ok kind of more clear now !!

But from what I understand , there is still not the option to have the CX blade/shaft option right ?

Maybe the ''signature series'' is that option ... 

#7 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:00 PM

ive herd that ss is an older pro blade construction, which leads me to possibly assume gr stands for grit? as sand paper blade?

That s19 info is interesting though

#8 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:57 PM

I though SS was the code for the rs2. Could be way off, but i remember hearing that somewhere.
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!

#9 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 09 March 2015 - 05:58 PM

For example V9ESS Is a rs2 dressed as an v9E
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!

#10 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 09 March 2015 - 08:42 PM

SS stands for "Signature Series" aka Special makeup

Anytime you see SS on the white sticker on the top of the stick usually means it is a different build then what it looks like. 

V9 SS- Could have V9 Graphics but could be built with a EL, R125, or other shaft they offer with a SE8 blade or other blades they offer. The most popular V9 SS option tends to be the EL shaft with a SE8 blade. It is by far the best feeling custom option they offer.

Ive seen more V9E SS sticks with the S19 option then the actual V9E option. 

Try to think of the SS options as what Reebok/CCM offers with their FC, FV, SC, R1, and other build specs. All options offer different flex points/feel. 

If your Easton pro stock hasn't been cut theres a chance you can find out what the build specs are. Take the end plug out and take a look at the inside of the shaft. Sometimes you'll find a white/silver sticker that will state what shaft/flex the stick is built with. 

#11 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 09 March 2015 - 09:54 PM

whatever construction tyler kennedy uses (think its v9ss or mako2ss) is one of the best sticks i've used, hooked a couple buddies up with some and they loved them as well

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#12 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 09 March 2015 - 10:20 PM

SS stands for "Signature Series" aka Special makeup

Anytime you see SS on the white sticker on the top of the stick usually means it is a different build then what it looks like. 

V9 SS- Could have V9 Graphics but could be built with a EL, R125, or other shaft they offer with a SE8 blade or other blades they offer. The most popular V9 SS option tends to be the EL shaft with a SE8 blade. It is by far the best feeling custom option they offer.

Ive seen more V9E SS sticks with the S19 option then the actual V9E option. 

Try to think of the SS options as what Reebok/CCM offers with their FC, FV, SC, R1, and other build specs. All options offer different flex points/feel. 

If your Easton pro stock hasn't been cut theres a chance you can find out what the build specs are. Take the end plug out and take a look at the inside of the shaft. Sometimes you'll find a white/silver sticker that will state what shaft/flex the stick is built with. 

Sweet! Thanks for the info. For the life of me, I couldn't figure out what SS stood for.

Also, I noticed that the options you mentioned above only appear to be available for the Synergy SS models.

xISDszp.jpg

#13 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 10 March 2015 - 10:55 AM

Yes those options are only available with the Synergy line because they synergy uses a standard taper shaft while the Stealth line uses the elliptical taper that the S19/V9E/CX have. 

#14 Cao

Cao
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 10 March 2015 - 02:54 PM

So wait, pros prefer the s19 to the v9e...?

#15 zurk89

zurk89
  • LocationHH

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:45 PM

Yes those options are only available with the Synergy line because they synergy uses a standard taper shaft while the Stealth line uses the elliptical taper that the S19/V9E/CX have. 

Is the se8 blade at all similar to se16? You said it was very popular.

#16 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 10 March 2015 - 07:52 PM

most interesting thread in awhile. id love to know a break down of all those unknown codes

#17 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 10 March 2015 - 08:17 PM

most interesting thread in awhile. id love to know a break down of all those unknown codes

We need to find a Team Sale Rep  :)

#18 Lefticious

Lefticious

Posted 13 March 2015 - 11:38 PM

Same here 

#19 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 14 March 2015 - 08:52 AM

Is the se8 blade at all similar to se16? You said it was very popular.

SE8 Blade is just there best option when used with the EL Shaft. Could it be similar to the old SE16 blade, sure but I honestly don't know. In my opinion it is the best feeling pro stock stick from any manufacturer. Perfectly balanced, super light weight, and great feel. 

#20 Chriss8899

Chriss8899

Posted 14 March 2015 - 09:14 PM

Anyone know when Easton is supposed to release the cx's?