Photo

Easton stealth CX Pro vs Retail (3k vs 12k)

• Please log in to reply
66 replies to this topic

#21 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 14 March 2015 - 10:43 PM

No official release date yet: Spring 2015. 

Odd that they showcase their gold version, because it's only available for pro/custom orders. 

RI2vbyn.jpg

cJXO5vn.jpg

#22 Nickyeyes

Nickyeyes
  • LocationLong Island, NY

Posted 15 March 2015 - 09:28 AM

Actually the gold version is the version that will be available to the public when the stick is released. The colored versions are available for booking orders only. Meaning you have to order the colored sticks in advance. Once the stock is released, the colored sticks will only be available for custom.
ALWAYS LOOKING FOR ANYTHING NEW JERSEY DEVILS!!!

#23 splitbtw

splitbtw
  • LocationSan Diego

Posted 16 March 2015 - 07:18 PM

I have an RS2ss pro stock. I recall reading somewhere that it was the Mako shaft with the Rs2 blade. The shaft does not have a taper and the blade feels differently than the RS2s I previously had. 

I will say that whatever it is, it is one of the best stickhandling and shooting sticks I have had. Wish I had a few more and usually I shy away from Easton sticks due to durability issues with the blades. 

#24 mjpisat

mjpisat

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:33 PM

Anybody use the retail cx yet? Thoughts?

#25 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:24 PM

I was just told I can start taking custom CX orders in May for customers. 

#26 avalanche19

avalanche19
  • Locationchicago, il

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:32 PM

what is the minimum for the custom orders?

KEVIN

#27 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:33 PM

Usually 6. Sometimes I can piggy back orders and take 3 piece orders

#28 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 17 March 2015 - 09:54 PM

Do you know if an old barcode for curves is useable with the CX? Example, I have a Setoguchi code from when he was using Makos painted as RS2s, if I were to look into customs, could I still use that curve code?

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#29 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 17 March 2015 - 11:46 PM

Just out curiosity what kind of customized options can you do? Fully custom sticks (curves, length, flex, graphics) or just "add a name plate"?

#30 cthockey

cthockey

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:51 AM

Just out curiosity what kind of customized options can you do? Fully custom sticks (curves, length, flex, graphics) or just "add a name plate"?

Wont know until May when I receive the custom spec sheet.  Usually for most customers its a standard CX with a few custom options (flex, height, grit on blade, name bar), for others it will be the full "SS" makeups. Usually having the pro code will help. Sometimes they can use it between Synergy/Stealth lines and sometimes they can't. 

#31 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:00 AM

Which code is the pro pattern code on an Easton stick?

#32 tavydown

tavydown

Posted 18 March 2015 - 12:11 PM

This is one of the best threads in a real long time, this also goes to show (IMO) easton makes the best stick

#33 avalanche19

avalanche19
  • Locationchicago, il

Posted 18 March 2015 - 06:57 PM

I wouldn't say that Easton makes the best stick anymore, maybe the new stealth can allow them to get a good chunk of the marketplace back I hope that is what this stick does but I guess we will have to wait and see. I think there is a reason why the majority of the pros use Bauer. Easton has some work to do get players back. Once they get more the kids who idolize them will buy the equipment.

KEVIN

#34 jcadden63

jcadden63

Posted 18 March 2015 - 08:22 PM

Can I place an order through you for a set of customs?

Thanks, 

Jack 

#35 twistoffate19

twistoffate19

Posted 18 March 2015 - 09:16 PM

If anyone is going to be doing a set of customs and needs any bar codes, I have the following right handed ones saved:

- Setoguchi (E6/Drury with a slight toe kink)

- Doughty (Kreps with a hair more pocket -- I put my Doughty next to an off the shelf E28, they are damn near identical, but the Doughty is just hair deeper)

- Eaves (Heel curve with a toe hook)

- Hornqvist (Toe)

- Palushaj (RH Hossa clone)

#36 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 19 March 2015 - 03:32 AM

If anyone is going to be doing a set of customs and needs any bar codes, I have the following right handed ones saved:

- Setoguchi (E6/Drury with a slight toe kink)

- Doughty (Kreps with a hair more pocket -- I put my Doughty next to an off the shelf E28, they are damn near identical, but the Doughty is just hair deeper)

- Eaves (Heel curve with a toe hook)

- Hornqvist (Toe)

- Palushaj (RH Hossa clone)

would the codes dictate the construction and graphics too? or just the pattern

IG: Fooj Media

#37 Precision

Precision

Posted 19 March 2015 - 09:52 AM

This stick is very attractive to me in every way I just cant get past Easton breakdown. My Synergy HTX E36 had heel cracks after a game and 3 stick and pucks.

#38 twistoffate19

twistoffate19

Posted 19 March 2015 - 11:56 AM

would the codes dictate the construction and graphics too? or just the pattern

I believe it is just the pattern since from the times members here have requested barcodes for their own custom orders. The example coming to mind, if I'm recalling correctly, a member here did RS2 build with Spezza's pro pattern, when Spezza hasn't used an elliptical build since moving to Easton.

#39 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 March 2015 - 01:47 AM

okay talked to a very reliable source and got that

-the EL shaft is the standard Synergy traditional construction shaft and XSE8 and XBCNHL are both popular pro blades for someone looking for a soft and light blade with good feel

i wonder what the xhtxx nhl blade is compared to the xhtx nhl

IG: Fooj Media

#40 HSelect09

HSelect09

Posted 20 March 2015 - 10:22 AM

okay talked to a very reliable source and got that

-the EL shaft is the standard Synergy traditional construction shaft and XSE8 and XBCNHL are both popular pro blades for someone looking for a soft and light blade with good feel

i wonder what the xhtxx nhl blade is compared to the xhtx nhl

Maybe one stiffer than the other ... Just an idea