Photo

Verbero Hockey?

• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#21 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:09 AM

I was not playing when the X60 Pros were the best gloves, and have never tried a pair on. When you say the body of the Verbero fits like a X60, what does that mean? Tapered, tightening toward the fingers?

the fit is snug at the fingers like an X60 and the body looks like an X60 but a little wider on the backhand 

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#22 craig8392

craig8392
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

Anyone know anything about this company? I see their ad's all over. Say pure carbon skates nasa foam gloves or something. Anyone have any gear or know where they came from

http://verbero.com

#23 Gbouds

Gbouds
  • LocationBoston

Posted 22 March 2015 - 08:42 PM

Look 7 topics down

#24 craig8392

craig8392
  • LocationPhiladelphia

Posted 23 March 2015 - 08:35 AM

Ah

#25 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:27 AM

Verbero just posted some teasers of the colored gloves on their IG page. I am interested in these gloves for the form, but like someone mentioned, the cuff and branding looks kind of cheap. This is not a huge concern to me, but sure I would prefer the gear looks nice rather than lame. I think they actually may look pretty good in colors, but it's just teasers and parts of the gloves that they are showing us.

"It's not cool to take damage." - Floyd

#26 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 25 March 2015 - 06:07 PM

merged

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#27 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 07 April 2015 - 11:55 AM

I have been lucky enough to get to try out a few of the Verbero products. I have the Dextra Pro gloves, Vara Pro stick and Aero Puck. Since these gloves were really interesting to me and had many features I have never seen before I figured I'd do a quick introduction video to the equipment. Turns out I go into too much detail and a quick video is a long one... anyways I hope this can be helpful to anyone.

After making this video I have since used them on ice. I can say the glove never felt like a brand new glove once. It already felt broken in and really comfortable. It doesn't fit tight at all like I thought it would and is actually the loosest fitting glove I now own.

The stick is going to take some time getting used to as I have been using a longer Warrior DT1LT for over 6 months which has a completely different kick point than this stick. With that said it is ridiculously light and that was the main comment of everyone that used it for a bit during that skate.

#28 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:06 PM

http://www.youtube.c...h?v=F97lwiojiEU

Completely forgot to post this damn thing.

I've been using the sticks for about four games now, very interesting stick, and blade, the blade isnt as stiff as the blades that i like using normally. But the puck feel is really soft, passes dont bounce out, so i had to readjust into it compared to all my other sticks.

The shaft feels like an older dolomite, as far as balance its pretty similar to most high end sticks, the balance 0 is at about the kick point where the lower taper starts forming.

Slap shots feel a little softer, and not as powerful as you can fling out like say the T120, and the V9E that i use

The wrist shots load great and because the stick is whippier at 95 flex than most sticks, it really really lets you put some ass into a wrister.

Snap shots are still interesting as i'm trying to figure out the sweet spot on the blade, and backhands so far are top notch, everytime i go in and backhand it i hear a Ping when i'm aiming at the bar.    This is just an overal use opinion after 4 on ice sessions so far though.   Mine is a prototype and i can see some room for improvements like i discussed with them in our meeting.

#29 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 07 April 2015 - 12:09 PM

the gloves have been sequestered by my fellow goalie Matt, he saw them, gasped, put them on, and said "i'll handle your review for this"

hes got about 7 games in them and hasnt stopped talking about them

#30 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 10 April 2015 - 06:25 PM

Partially related, Jeremy from How To Hockey using Verberos:

https://www.facebook...&type=2

Now that I think about it, this skate is very similar to some Makos...

#31 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 15 April 2015 - 05:26 PM

the fit and durability is not the same though, i would say the verbero skate is closer to a VH style than the makos

#32 Hills

Hills
  • LocationNiagara Ontario

Posted 16 June 2015 - 12:01 AM

So I did a review on these gloves and I am unsure if I should make a new thread. I messaged an admin about it before I post the lengthy review and pictures. But in the meantime here is an overly long and detailed review of the Verbero Dextra Pro Gloves.

Sorry for the length, but like I said I like to go into detail.

tl;dr: Don't by these and stay far away.

Good points- I would be curious to know how much the 14 inch gloves weigh, instead of just hearing they are light. 

Btw: 14 inch are 318 grams (well mine are).

#33 t6lock

t6lock
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 16 June 2015 - 11:54 PM

I love the self bashing part and the quotes still talking in the same quiet calm tone.

"And now my entire hand is stinging"

"That's unbelievably painful"

#34 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 17 June 2015 - 02:13 AM

The skates look like Easton S17's with different pieces glued on the outside and no rubber layer on the toe cap. The whole shell of the boot, facing shape, tendon guard shape, tongue and toe cap shape, just like S17's.

#35 numan

numan
  • LocationDallas

Posted 17 July 2015 - 04:00 PM

Was browning around the Internet and noticed verbero hockey has an updated and futures curve chart up. The top shows they're current curves and down towards the bottom there you can see what all the offerings will be. Looks like they're discontinuing the iginla and adding a Kreps! I think is huge the offer a drury as well as most companies seem to have gotten away from it

E82DBC0C-2360-40FF-BF5E-3C800FE3D1EE_zps

#36 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 17 July 2015 - 06:04 PM

The skates look like Easton S17's with different pieces glued on the outside and no rubber layer on the toe cap. The whole shell of the boot, facing shape, tendon guard shape, tongue and toe cap shape, just like S17's.

They might look like that but trust me, its a while different monster, these skates are legit, i had a meeting with them recently and their stuff they're coming out with and current stuff is pretty good especially those skates.