• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

#1 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 16 March 2015 - 02:44 PM

Have you ever heard of this company?

http://verbero.com/

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#2 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 16 March 2015 - 03:13 PM

More info http://modsquadhocke...y/?fromsearch=1

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#3 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 16 March 2015 - 04:08 PM

A video of some of their stuff being used:

Mainly interested in a pair of these (if, and only if, they'll do custom molded skates):

Z23pV2t.jpg

KuOkh1u.jpg

#4 flyers10

flyers10

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:31 PM

Interesting video. Shot at a local rink in Tempe, AZ. Most of those guys coach for the youth team out of that rink and play on the Coyotes alumni team. Anyone know who the owners or funding is of Verbero? Berto (thinkingjack), I know you must have info.

#5 x-axis

x-axis
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 16 March 2015 - 08:45 PM

they've been fairly big within roller hockey. They've been fielding Verbero teams at NaRch for a while. I know they have an industrial designer and hockey player, CJ out of my old inline rink at Bladium aka phantomowner27  on MSH. Really good dude. I believe he is a partner or he started the company...been a long time since I played there or played roller.

Quality products. Wish them much success.

Old Buyer/Seller Feedback-http://www.sports2k....axis/?hl=x-axis

Want to buy:

Small Shells

Large Edge Practice Socks White with navy stripe 

Large Edge Practice Socks Burgundy with white stripe 

#6 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 16 March 2015 - 10:34 PM

i got to sneak peek their gear three weeks ago before posting on Facebook about it.  That demo video was shot at the rink i play at, in fact, that goalie (Chubbs) is wearing my old pads.

The skates are pretty interesting too, i really liked what i saw, the whole construction was really cool, and the tongue is really neat in them too

i'm excited to try their stuff out, i got to recently interview their head guys the other day too on the phone, they were great

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#7 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:59 AM

I was just about to make a post to ask if anyone has heard of these guys and dupes beat me to it lol.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#8 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 March 2015 - 03:06 AM

skates remind me of mlx's or vh's.

gloves look good except for the cuff in my opinion. 

I wonder what kind of backing they have to be able to put out a stick/skate/gloves and accessories line. 

Good luck to them and good on them for trying. But it's not gonna be easy trying to compete with the big boys like Bauer/CCM/Easton

#9 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 17 March 2015 - 04:42 AM

The good thing about them is they have an established name, they already have most of the coaches here in phoenix programs wearing their skates and gloves, the gloves are really cool, its like a LAX cuff or for hockey heads, like the 11k cuff which gives superb mobility and protection, but the body of the glove feels like a X60 glove, and the fingers have this crazy extension to it.  I have some pics somewhere on my phone, i'll try to upload them later.   its really cool.  

as for the backing, they're an established name in Roller already so they have the word of mouth to follow it. 

#10 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:31 AM

gloves look good except for the cuff in my opinion. 

What don't you like about the cuff? I am scoping out gloves, and want to grab a pair upon my return stateside in June (either Verbero, STX, Covert QR1, MX3, APX2, or other?). 

The Verbero look like they have everything that I am looking for- protection, mobility, lightweight, and a snug fit in the fingers and hands, but I obviously will need to try them on to confirm.

"It's not cool to take damage." - Floyd

#11 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 17 March 2015 - 10:01 AM

the palm is very unique on the verberos, they have extra wear padding on the fat part of the palm close to the wrist for the knob, and its a nice pad too

#12 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:26 PM

How's the flex on the thumb (for stick grip- I know it's a lock thumb, as all are)? Comparable to STX Surgeon or Bauer APX2?

#13 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:33 PM

well the STX and bauer flex thumbs are basically equals so.....both?

#14 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 17 March 2015 - 12:45 PM

looks don't usually bother me but those skates are about as ugly as I've seen. the "quilted" looking part is hideous.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......

#15 mc88

mc88
  • LocationOregon

Posted 17 March 2015 - 02:30 PM

looks don't usually bother me but those skates are about as ugly as I've seen. the "quilted" looking part is hideous.

Agree. However, I'd choose function and form over aesthetic and appeal any day!

#16 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:26 PM

What don't you like about the cuff? I am scoping out gloves, and want to grab a pair upon my return stateside in June (either Verbero, STX, Covert QR1, MX3, APX2, or other?). 

The Verbero look like they have everything that I am looking for- protection, mobility, lightweight, and a snug fit in the fingers and hands, but I obviously will need to try them on to confirm.

when i look at the glove, the back hand palm and where it flexes look great along with the finger kinda reminds me of vapor xxxx, but then the part where it says verbero across it just looks cheap to me. 

as for the part where you wrote:

"The Verbero look like they have everything that I am looking for- protection, mobility, lightweight, and a snug fit in the fingers and hands"

If I has a dollar for every time I hear a hockey company use the words: protection, mobility, lightweight.

I'd be a billionaire. 

and yes you won't know till you try them on, athletes and ppl wearing the product are paid to say that. 

#17 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:38 PM

when i look at the glove, the back hand palm and where it flexes look great along with the finger kinda reminds me of vapor xxxx, but then the part where it says verbero across it just looks cheap to me. 

as for the part where you wrote:

"The Verbero look like they have everything that I am looking for- protection, mobility, lightweight, and a snug fit in the fingers and hands"

If I has a dollar for every time I hear a hockey company use the words: protection, mobility, lightweight.

I'd be a billionaire. 

and yes you won't know till you try them on, athletes and ppl wearing the product are paid to say that. 

Good points- I would be curious to know how much the 14 inch gloves weigh, instead of just hearing they are light. 

#18 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 17 March 2015 - 08:49 PM

I do agree with you. 

at first glance they originally reminded me of a recreational skate like these or something along those lines (especially the model with the black holder):

http://www.icewareho...ml?pcode=0G1030

The good thing about them is they have an established name, they already have most of the coaches here in phoenix programs wearing their skates and gloves, the gloves are really cool,

as for the backing, they're an established name in Roller already so they have the word of mouth to follow it. 

just because they have coaches in pheonix wearing the product doesn't mean it's established yet. They're probably getting some kind of compensation/kickback to wear their stuff.

It's probably the tactic of "if my coaches wear it then it must be good" to install it into kids minds, similar to how a customer would want bauer/ccm/easton because they saw their favorite big name pro rocking it. 

Established would mean having your product in some major retailers already, pro's wearing it or at least having it all over a city with a bigger hockey market. Then you'll know you're established. 

I would consider "Established" left to the bigger companies until you get there. 

Not trying to be negative or anything towards these guys, it's always good have many options available in each category cause not everything fits everyone the same. But at the moment i only state what i see.  

In saying that, the gloves do look really good though, just can't deal with the name across it, but the overall look is nice.

#19 Cosmic

Cosmic

Posted 18 March 2015 - 07:47 AM

The good thing about them is they have an established name, they already have most of the coaches here in phoenix programs wearing their skates and gloves, the gloves are really cool, its like a LAX cuff or for hockey heads, like the 11k cuff which gives superb mobility and protection, but the body of the glove feels like a X60 glove, and the fingers have this crazy extension to it.  I have some pics somewhere on my phone, i'll try to upload them later.   its really cool.  

I was not playing when the X60 Pros were the best gloves, and have never tried a pair on. When you say the body of the Verbero fits like a X60, what does that mean? Tapered, tightening toward the fingers?

#20 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 18 March 2015 - 10:07 AM

just because they have coaches in pheonix wearing the product doesn't mean it's established yet. They're probably getting some kind of compensation/kickback to wear their stuff.

It's probably the tactic of "if my coaches wear it then it must be good" to install it into kids minds, similar to how a customer would want bauer/ccm/easton because they saw their favorite big name pro rocking it. 

Established would mean having your product in some major retailers already, pro's wearing it or at least having it all over a city with a bigger hockey market. Then you'll know you're established. 

I would consider "Established" left to the bigger companies until you get there. 

Not trying to be negative or anything towards these guys, it's always good have many options available in each category cause not everything fits everyone the same. But at the moment i only state what i see.  

In saying that, the gloves do look really good though, just can't deal with the name across it, but the overall look is nice.

The coaches wearing them in phoenix means they like the gloves enough to wear them for coaching and in the leagues i see them play at the rink i work at on friday and saturday nights.   The established name comes from their impact in roller hockey. People in the roller community know who they are because they make some good products that roller folks like.   If you cant deal with the name and thats the best thing you can slam them with, thats your choice, i'm not defending their product because i've only seen the demo and even though i thought it was pretty rad, doesnt mean i'll go to town for them until i try them, but since i run roller hockey tournaments, i'm well aware of who they are.