Photo

Who else watched Narcos?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 September 2015 - 12:41 AM

I try not to watch tv that much, as i've not subscribed to cable for many years now on purpose, mainly because of the lack of time. But every once in a while something catches my attention. 

A friend showed me Narcos and we watched the first episode at her house. 

The following day I went and watched the next 9 episodes. Felt disgusted with myself cause I spent the better part of a nice day inside watching the show. It was probably one of the best shows I've watched since Breaking Bad. Maybe i'm just obsessed with the illegal underground world or something. 

I've watched a whole bunch of documentaries on Pablo, but this series is pretty damn awesome. 

It received a 9.1/10 on imdb, which is pretty damn high, not many shows or movies get ratings in the 9's. 

Either way, who can't wait to see what they do next season. 

tv_narcos1-1a.jpg

maybe one day they'll make a series on El Chapo as well :)

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#2 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 28 September 2015 - 03:21 AM

No spoillers!!!  I'm haven't finished it yet but yes it's a pretty good series :D

#3 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 28 September 2015 - 08:09 AM

Great series, but I'm hoping they don't drag it out.

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#4 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:04 AM

is there a lot of subtitle use? for example talking in spanish or something? reason being i'm in france and the subtitles are in french, makes it hard to pick up on some of them

Looking for retro Ducks set!

#5 JTully317

JTully317
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 28 September 2015 - 10:13 AM

Yes, a lot of subtitles. Very good show. Looking forward to season 2 for sure.

#6 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 29 September 2015 - 10:04 AM

I read the book "Killing Pablo" years ago. The level of corruption in Columbia was mind numbing. It's interesting to see the technology used to locate him then evolve into to the "Stingray" and similar programs used domesticly today.

#7 iceman8310

iceman8310
  • LocationMassachusetts

Posted 29 September 2015 - 11:10 AM

narcos and bloodline are very good

#8 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

Spoiler:   

He ends up dead.   The book "Killing Pablo" kinda gave that away in the title.

#9 TheBear19

TheBear19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 September 2015 - 08:43 PM

greys anatomy is a good show also on netflix

They were right when they told me my wallet was going to be taking a hit on this site.

#10 Mapleleafs-13

Mapleleafs-13
  • LocationToronto

Posted 04 October 2015 - 08:10 AM

Was reading an interview on the web on the guy who plays the lead character. He states that Pablo dies in the second season. Then the season will continue on with the stories of how the Mexican drug lords came into power and took over the drug world.

Looking for BIOSTEEL jersey made by UA or Adidas.

Looking for Bauer Pro defender elbows size Large

My ebay (better prices for members)

#11 Hyuen88

Hyuen88
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 04 October 2015 - 04:10 PM

Spoiler:   

He ends up dead.   The book "Killing Pablo" kinda gave that away in the title.

lol anyone who knows who Pablo is already knew that plot. Its just cool to see someone make a good TV series on him. Great series thats telling an interesting story.

HK #17

Feedback

#12 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 04 October 2015 - 06:01 PM

is there a lot of subtitle use? for example talking in spanish or something? reason being i'm in france and the subtitles are in french, makes it hard to pick up on some of them

euh?  On vacation or you are here for work?  I'm asking cause we have a decent team with super ice time near Paris :)

Oh and for the series i'm not sure where you watch to get the subtitles in french... we watch the series from France but from a Netflix Canada account and they are in english.

#13 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 11 October 2015 - 04:38 PM

euh?  On vacation or you are here for work?  I'm asking cause we have a decent team with super ice time near Paris :)

Oh and for the series i'm not sure where you watch to get the subtitles in french... we watch the series from France but from a Netflix Canada account and they are in english.

Out here playing for a roller hockey team in Caen actually haha, but I have my ice stuff with me and have been itching the get on the ice, when do you guys play?

I watched the first couple episodes of Narcos and the subtitles were fine, i was worried because i watched the Mentalist and the subtitles like "6 hours earlier" and stuff were in French.  

Looking for retro Ducks set!