Photo

Stolen Gloves

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#21 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:13 PM

i already filed a police report (not sure how much that'll do), figured it would be a good idea to have a paper trail of some sorts. I am going to be calling all the PIAS in the area and giving the a description of the gloves as well as email the pic if they would like. Don't know if I can do much else other than watch the internet and keep my eye out when I'm at the rink.

#22 SouthpawTRK

SouthpawTRK

Posted 02 December 2011 - 02:49 PM

You might want to also contact your LHS's in case the thief tries to return the gloves to the shop. I'm sure that they people at the LHS would realize that they are pro stock, but hopefully they can get some information/description of the person.
~B~

#23 robert48124

robert48124
  • LocationDearborn, Michigan

Posted 02 December 2011 - 03:52 PM

Guys, I have worked for UPS and Dhl. Unless the shipper requires the receiver to sign for the package it is to be scanned and left at the receivers place (unless it's a commercial Building). In the future make sure it is [u][i] siqnature required spend the extra dollar or two, be safe!

#24 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:24 PM

That really sucks. I ship very often with canada post/usps, the safest way is to get a signature and insurance.
Ill keep a eye open if I seem them appear somewhere.
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#25 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 02 December 2011 - 05:37 PM

Thanks for the help everyone I really appreciate it.

I guess going forward it wouldn't be a bad idea especially around this time of year for everyone to start requiring a signature on the packages they send.

#26 WindyCity

WindyCity
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 December 2011 - 11:57 AM

In my place in Chicago if you aren't home they leave a note that says "Sorry we missed you" and you can go online to schedule a redeliver of the package or go to post office and pick it up. Not sure why that isn't standard procedure across US. As the price of this equipment goes up its inevitable that it will be stolen more often. I know that's what has happened with the expensive drivers in golf.

Another thing - it has bothered me lately that so many of the rinks I play in don't have lockers that you can lock stuff up and often times we even have to share the locker room with the group before us or after us. Makes it way too easy for people to walk off with either your bag or wallet, etc. Just curious if anybody has any suggestions on ways to avoid this type of theft???

#27 General

General

Posted 04 December 2011 - 02:53 PM

Don't take anything into the locker room that you don't need. I don't ever take any extra pairs of gloves or anything just the equipment that I'm going to wear. As for my wallet and cell phone, I usually leave it in the car.

#28 robert48124

robert48124

Posted 04 December 2011 - 05:53 PM

WindyCity Do you live in an apartment or a place with one entry for all? That's a place they can not leave anything because of multiple people having access to the area, also some company's will not pay to have the signature option even though it would be passed on to the customer. And some company's, like Dell or some company's that ship liquor or prescription drugs or even blank checks have in their shipping contract that a live signature by and adult is necessary. Just keep in mind that shipping company's do not store items for more then a day or two before it gets returned to sender. yes it is a pain and extra expense to the shipper, but it's better to spend a couple bucks now or spend time on the phone or filling out a missing items report. Everybody's time is worth money and theirs never enough hours in a day.

#29 WindyCity

WindyCity
  • LocationChicago

Posted 04 December 2011 - 07:07 PM

Hey Robert I live in a townhome and have my own entrance so no risk of others coming in. So I don't understand why the post office handles it differently in one place vs another. I actually had a problem with my carrier leaving notices that they missed me when they tried to deliver something (it was some hockey sticks). I was home both times and I think the carrier just didn't want to bother delivering them. I complained and the problem has been fixed.

#30 robert48124

robert48124

Posted 04 December 2011 - 10:35 PM

Hello again WindyCity, That's horrible, nothing more them the mail person being lazy.My mail man is great ,he will bring it in my yard and put it in a safe place. I'm guessing your in Chicago? I'm just outside of Detroit and I'm a huge hawk fan....Don't care for the wings. Glad you got the problem resolved. Let's hope ShaunJ13 gets his gloves. I'd love for somebody to catch the a hole and teach him a lesson.

#31 shoeshine boy

shoeshine boy
  • LocationDecatur, GA

Posted 05 December 2011 - 01:29 PM

Don't take anything into the locker room that you don't need. I don't ever take any extra pairs of gloves or anything just the equipment that I'm going to wear. As for my wallet and cell phone, I usually leave it in the car.

if you do that be sure to take your keys out to the bench with you. at my local rink we had some kids stealing keys out of pants pockets and then going outside to loot the cars. they got caught because they slipped up and put the keys back in the wrong pockets. after that the rink knew what to watch for and caught them red-handed.

always looking for non Reebok L & XL shells......