Ottawa vs Montreal - Eastern Conference Round #1

• Please log in to reply
110 replies to this topic

#21 Sort of Irish

Sort of Irish
  • LocationChicago

Posted 29 April 2013 - 09:22 PM

Senators in 6

I could see this depending on what Habs team shows up.

#22 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 30 April 2013 - 12:09 PM

Enjoy :D

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#23 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:21 AM

is it 7:00 yet ? 

#24 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:38 PM

Time to play armchair sheriff! Do you consider Gryba's hit on Eller to be dirty? Was the call appropriate? Do we see any supplemental discipline?

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#25 simnorm

simnorm
  • LocationCanada

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:52 PM

suicide pass  ut Eller did play the puck

Eller got blindsided and the main point of contact was his head

imo Gryba should get 2 games

#26 mersss

mersss
  • LocationMontreal, CAN

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:54 PM

Gryba is the kind of fucking dumbass that shouldn't play hockey

#27 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 02 May 2013 - 07:57 PM

32 shots in the 2nd habs are completely dominating this game, anyother goalie not named anderson this game is 10-1 

#28 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:03 PM

Psssh, he missed contact with the body and hit the head by accident. You have to give him a 5 but he doesnt get anything more.

HORRIFYING pass by Diaz though

#29 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 02 May 2013 - 08:20 PM

Gotta give him 5 and a game for the head contact or they'll be head hunting everybody's best players on a continuous basis.

I don't think a suspension is necessary though as he didn't actually look like he was targeting the head {look at the slo mo }.

I agree with Chris and simnorm, that pass is worse than a QB tossin one in the slot to his receiver on a slant with a mean mother f---ing linebacker sitting there waiting for him.

Sounds like he's doing okay {shakin wacko.gif, not stirred}, too bad the Habs look like their losing again.

Oh ya, never mind, I picked Ottawa :LOL:

#30 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 02 May 2013 - 09:52 PM

That hit on Eller was pretty scary :(

It really sucks the habs lost this one, Price should of stopped at least 2 of the goals.

They'll bounce back tomorrow!

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#31 liveevil

liveevil

Posted 03 May 2013 - 01:03 AM

Psssh, he missed contact with the body and hit the head by accident. You have to give him a 5 but he doesnt get anything more.

HORRIFYING pass by Diaz though

Watching the pass again was almost worse than seeing all that blood on the ice afterwards... 

#32 JXB

JXB
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 03 May 2013 - 06:11 AM

I hate the result, and I hope Eller is alright, but I'm not sure what Gryba could have done to prevent him from being injured. Sometimes you don't commit a penalty, and someone still gets hurt.

http://video.tsn.ca/...918384/clip/456

Also: YEESH! @ that pass by Diaz.

#33 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:27 AM

Do games outcomes factor into supplemental discipline decisions? i.e. If Montreal had won the game, then there would have been no suspension. However, since Ottawa won the game, does this mean that Gryba may still receive a suspension?

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#34 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 03 May 2013 - 08:59 AM

How Hab fans saw the hit:  bloody murder

How the NHL saw the hit:  accidental contact, bonehead pass by Diaz, bad luck

He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#35 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:12 AM

Eller = broken nose, broken teeth and a concussion, he's done I'd say.

Why Shanahan is giving out a suspension is anybody's guess, it was a clean hit, it clearly shows that in the reply. I guess the game being played in Montreal and all the blood maybe factored into the decision ??, or the higher Brass gave Shanny a call and said something must be done ??, Idunno :dunno: , either way it's all bullshit, I've watched that reply a dozen times and IMO the only guy who should be getting disciplined is Diaz by his coach, absolutely an idiotic pass and it resulted in a good clean hit. The contact with the ice did most of the damage anyway.

#36 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:33 AM

How Hab fans saw the hit:  bloody murder

How the NHL saw the hit:  accidental contact, bonehead pass by Diaz, bad luck

False, i didnt see it as bloody murder i saw it, punched my knee in anger and said "GOD DAMN IT I HOPE HES OK"

Later in the game i posted how Diaz shouldnt be on the roster with all the mistakes he made, the Pass to Eller, and two give aways that led to the senators getting goals.

Wheres Emelin or Beaulieau, oh wait Beau decided to punch a guy at his own party and now he and his dad are facing charges, smooooooooooth

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#37 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:35 AM

He will probably get a suspension based on the fact that it's the head that took the hit and the league is trying to do something about these career ending hits.  Yes it was legal if you are checking the rule book but if they don't suspend him everybody will be headhunting and this series will be a huge blood fest.  He will probably get 1 or 2 games.

Just check Perron's hit last night on Penner .... if somebody is sensative about concussions its Perron!!!!

Bonehead pass; you betcha.

#38 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Emelin is injured.... he's been out for about 10 games now.... you sure you follow the habs???

#39 GuitarAwesome

GuitarAwesome
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:38 AM

What are you talking about? It's not a legal hit, it's a hit to the head.

What we are discussing, is the fact that the head wasn't targetted. No suspension should have happened, he caught Eller in the chops by accident, it's pretty clear. 5 and a game I understand, cause of the outcome, but he defintely should not have been suspended.

#40 JBFG

JBFG
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 03 May 2013 - 11:41 AM

Patch and Gionta are out for tonight's game