Photo

Tuuks? Steel? Help?

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 wild4hitmen

wild4hitmen
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:36 PM

Hey guys I'm not the most knowledgeable on tuuks and all the different versions of holders and steel so thought some of y'all could help me out. I currently have size 10 MLXs and my steel broke on one of them. I can't find anywhere to get a replacement so I think I'm gonna put some tuuks on them. Buuuuttttttt I'm not sure which size tuuks to go with and what steel? 

I'm pretty sure I'm gonna go with the new tuuk lightspeed edge holder. But what size?

TUUKLightspeedEdgeHolder.jpg

Also not sure what steel to go with. If you could give me your opinion on which is the best and why.

Choices- lightspeed 2 edge (cheapest)

lightspeed 3 edge

lightspeed edge fusion (most expensive)

Thanks, Ryan

#2 JLP15

JLP15
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:39 PM

Regular LS2 Holder 288 and 288 blackedge is what I am putting on my size 10 MLX

#3 wild4hitmen

wild4hitmen
  • LocationTexas

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:41 PM

Any reason why not to go with the new lightspeed edge holder?

#4 JLP15

JLP15
  • LocationEarth

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:46 PM

I wouldn't get it because I think it's lame. But that's just my opinion, it might be awesome. 

#5 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 28 April 2013 - 09:48 PM

definitely 288, unless you want to put more steel on the ice, more glide less maneuverability theoretically. then you possibly could go 296.  

Id suggest skipping all of the ls edge hype and going normal ls2 holders with normal ls2 steel or ls3 steel, or black edge as mentioned above.  LS3 is going to be heavier due to being taller(more steel) but the height will benefit your turning radius.  Reason i say skip the ls edge is from my experience mounting and sharpening a couple pairs.  the holders and steel bend very easily.  I was carefully replacing one100s ls2 holders with ls edges which have the same hole patterns and they still bent. i had to rim out the existing holes and install as carefully as possible alternating sides and front and back rivets and making sure none were leaning when pressed, to reduce the bend as much as i could. But even after, the the steel was still bowing upon sharpening.  And it wasnt cause the steel was bent out of the package(tested that too).  I even called the bauer rep and he said that you need to be extra extra extra careful with these cause they bend a lot easier than the normal LS2 holders.  Also if you take the steel out and look at the mechanics inside the holder its all plastic.  My opinion, if it aint broke dont fix it=ls 2 holders with ls2 or ls3 steel depending if you want that extra height.  

IG: Fooj Media