Photo

PowerPlay Auctions Schill Bidding?

• Please log in to reply
135 replies to this topic

#1 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 08 December 2011 - 10:00 PM

I've been trying to find a pair of Rangers Franchises for a while now and have only ever see PowerPlayAuctions list any.

4 times have I tried to win, each time I come up empty. Every single time I would bid around $230 tops or so and noticed a certain trend. Bids would start at 99 cents and I have bid my top bid at the beginng, middle, and end of the auction.

When I bid my max at the beginning of the auction, within minutes the price would start climbing and climbing till I was no longer the winning bidder...all with 3 days left...bids remained pretty slow till right at the end. Ended around $255

I then decided to wait till around the middle of the auction with about a day left...bid $255 and almost immmediately bids started to climb up higher and higher until I was no longer the winning bidder...I decided to up the bid to $285 for shiz and gigs and wouldn't you know the same thing happend again.

I then decided to wait till the very end...auction was around $115 with 30 min left...15 min left and price shot up to $175, in the last minute I gave it a $235 bid yet somehow I lost in the final last seconds, ended at 240 or so.

On my 4th time I decided to make a decent bid, then retract....I bid $150 and within minutes I was outbidded...with 3 days left. I retracted my bid and the price went back down to under $50....it remained till the final day. final price was $215 with me bidding $200 in the last 5 min.

I did hear that some people have been getting "2nd chance offers" which leads me to believe that someone is inflating the prices and then selling it to the 2nd highest bidder. I was usually the 3rd highest bidder so I never got a notification.

Doesn't this seem fishy? I know for a fact they pay no where near the price of what those gloves sell and I have seen this on other items I have bidded on.
He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#2 Brian

Brian

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:13 PM

I hear ya.

Would be interesting to know what is really happening, huh.

#3 underworldeagle

underworldeagle
  • LocationMontreal, Qc

Posted 08 December 2011 - 11:29 PM

bidding 750.0 instead of 75.00 on the next pair and see what happens. youll have no problem retracting cause it will look like you made a mistake.
pretty sure if you get bid up to 750 theres something going on

#4 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 09 December 2011 - 02:24 AM

ya that seems like a good idea...I can assure you once it reaches $400-500 you know for a fact it's schill bidding

#5 Kovy71

Kovy71
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 09 December 2011 - 07:13 AM

I don't know if there is shill bidding for a fact, but what I do know is that they get a lot of buyers from Europe. I know a guy who used to handle their EBay auctions and I would always ask him how the auctions went so high on Rangers and Pens gear. The usual answer was it was someone who was Russian or German and he would show me the box with the shipping label. My friend now is somewhere else and handles the EBay account and the same is true there. I mentioned shill bidding and he says he never would because it always goes up for desirable items, especially Rangers and Pens gear.

#6 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 12 December 2011 - 09:44 PM

Hmm....another pair of gloves' price skyrocketed yesterday but with no bids in the last few hours of the actual item...the conspiracy continues!

#7 warrenmiller11

warrenmiller11

Posted 13 December 2011 - 08:18 AM

wait until theres 2 seconds left with ur max bid already dialed in then hit it. hard to tell though if buddy is pre bidding on his own stuff

#8 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 23 December 2011 - 02:38 PM

Their eBay account no longer exists. If that tells you anything

#9 Kovy71

Kovy71
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 23 December 2011 - 04:59 PM

They don't have anything for sale at the moment.

#10 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 23 December 2011 - 05:31 PM

They had stuff to sale earlier this week no?

The account still exists:
http://myworld.ebay....984.m1543.l2533
Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#11 Kovy71

Kovy71
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 23 December 2011 - 06:08 PM

They have a retail store also, so they may be to busy to list this week.

#12 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 24 December 2011 - 03:21 AM

They don't have anything for sale at the moment.

Hmm it wasn't showing up earlier, I was watching a few items and didn't think they'd sell that fast

#13 larrivee

larrivee

Posted 25 December 2011 - 10:48 AM

A bunch of their winning bids were by people with 0 feedback who had only bid on PP auctions. Was pretty clear they've been shill bidding on themselves.

Member Number 30

#14 Puckhoggy

Puckhoggy

Posted 28 December 2011 - 07:51 AM

A bunch of their winning bids were by people with 0 feedback who had only bid on PP auctions. Was pretty clear they've been shill bidding on themselves.

Very true. If I remember correctly, I would notice it was the same account that would raise prices on multiple items.

#15 warrenmiller11

warrenmiller11

Posted 28 December 2011 - 09:21 AM

thats bull and ebay should deal with it ASAP we should complaint at once i bet you ebay guys would get the point if they get two thousands complaints at once agaisnt the same dude

#16 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 29 December 2011 - 12:58 PM

They are back at it, new pair of Franchises for sale, not in the best shape but I'm sure they are waiting for that high bid lol

#17 steedorf

steedorf

Posted 02 January 2012 - 02:42 PM

Just bid on a pair of franchises and they were instantly outbid by someone with no feedback.

#18 warrenmiller11

warrenmiller11

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:08 AM

report to ebay we can talk about it all day but if you dont do nothing about then you aint better then them

#19 Nickerjones

Nickerjones

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:20 AM

report to ebay we can talk about it all day but if you dont do nothing about then you aint better then them

http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-YORK-RANGERS-WARRIOR-PRO-STOCK-WORN-HOCKEY-GLOVES-FRANCHISE-13-85TH-ANIV-/260926338431?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3cc06bf57f#ht_858wt_966

Already up to 190 bucks with 2 days left... WOWZERS! Although it does say they are the winter classic gloves.. Kinda weird that they have been available for a few days tho..

#20 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 03 January 2012 - 01:24 AM

Those aren't even Winter Classic gloves, they are from the 85th Anniversary, which are the same I think.

But no way are those already sky high priced with 2 day left if they were honest bidding going on.

I reported them, hopefully eBay will review their accounts and see how the bidding works.

Every other pair of Franchises sold by other sellers have always had a natural price bid increase, not from 0.99 Cents to $190 in 2 days