Photo

Detroit vs Chicago - Western Conference Semifinal

• Please log in to reply
107 replies to this topic

#101 twistoffate19

twistoffate19
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:02 AM

Well, maybe he can use some of the supposed 5 million per season he's asking for to get a bionic ankle replacement. A bionic ankle that sends a message to his brain to shoot the damn puck instead stick-handling into the corner 99% of the time.

Overall, I'm quite proud of that Wings team making it as far as they did with the weakest roster they've had in what? 15 years? 

Hopefully this doesn't give their management a false sense of security though. There are still glaring holes (need another top D and some scoring) and there are players that need to be gone next season:  Franzen (laziest Wing I've ever seen), Cleary, Ericsson, Quincey would be a start. None of those guys are playing up to the money they get per season. Flippula can walk for all I care too. He wants too much money, and I think given a full season or two, Brunner will develop into a better NHL player than Val.

Items for Sale Picture Album Found Here: http://imgur.com/a/JufvE

Always on the hunt for Doughty sticks

#102 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 30 May 2013 - 12:19 AM

Agree 100% Send Cleary, Ericsson, Quincey, and Filppula packing and develop Brunner, Dekeyser etc.

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#103 Sort of Irish

Sort of Irish
  • LocationChicago

Posted 30 May 2013 - 01:07 AM

Great series, hats off to Detroit. Got to go to the game and I have to say it may have been the most exciting game I ever been to. Good luck in the East, hopefully we meet again sometime down the road in the cup.

That said, great win by Chicago. 

#104 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 30 May 2013 - 02:53 AM

Great game but hard to watch, I swear the SOB's were trying to give me a jammer.  :eek:  Should have never made OT in the first place but whatever, it's all over now.

Wings can hold their heads high, they played awesome for the most part, their younger guys stepped up big time.

I'm liking that Abdekader dude, cool name and definitely a rising star.

Abdelkader added the much needed mixture of a physical yet skillful player that the wings were definitely laking. He's not afraid to get into the corners or in front of the net and battle for the puck and throw is weight around. Not to mention i was fortunate enough to snag his game used pair of APX's that i've been meaning to post in the recent pick up's thread!  :headbang:

Agree 100% Send Cleary, Ericsson, Quincey, and Filppula packing and develop Brunner, Dekeyser etc.

I say send Cleary, Quincey, Smith and Kindl packing. Cleary's to old and doesn't do much and Smith, Quincey and Kindl seem to be nothing but turnover machines. Smith alone gave game 6 away and Quincey and Kindl are off their game more often than on. Dekeyser was a huge pick up for the Wings and i strongly believe the series would have been completely different if he didn't get hurt in the Anaheim series. What happened to Ian White? After all the turnover's the D were making i would of played him and sat one of the above. As far as Filp when he's on his game he's really on his game, I say stick him on the 3rd line or use him as trade bait for a top D man. Ericsson adds much needed size on the back end which the wings are also desperately laking. I'm surprised Franzen didn't do much considering he's always been one of the best on the team come playoff time. I'm wondering why they didnt play Bertuzzi more, i thought he looked great in the game he played in Anaheim. They wasted 6 mill in cap space on Samuelsson and even dumber for adding a no trade clause for a guy who played in maybe 6 games all season and is injury prone? I'm hoping Helmer's back will be healthy by next season's start as he adds ALOT of speed and valuable PK time. Howard came up huge and was a great move on Holland's part to lock him up long term. I agree with developing our youth especially Brunner and Nyquist who both came up huge in both series'. After all said and done, the wings need to re-evaluate their D man as it's the weakest/thinnest it's ever been in almost 2 decades. With a new D core and the injured coming back the wings have a whole new identity. My hat is off to the team and what they accomplished in the shortened season as they proved a lot of doubters wrong.  :LOL: Time to re-unite the original six and dominate the Eastern Conference! LGRW

Sorry for ranting   :censored:

Pavel Datsyuk Gear or any wings gear!

Feedback- http://www.sports2k..../8903-buster-d/

#105 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 30 May 2013 - 03:38 AM

Wooooooooooooooooooo

He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#106 Nero

Nero
  • LocationOttawa, ON

Posted 30 May 2013 - 07:52 AM

As a huge Wings fan myself I thought the Hawks were a better team in the series. Coming back from losing 3-1 in the series, is something not every team can do. The goal last night was debatable, I personally felt it should of been a penalty but that may just be because I hate the Hawks and love the Wings. Overall, Great Series!

LTB:

• Detroit Red Wings Speedwick L
  • Black Warrior Franchises 14"
  • Martin Erat Stick

#107 pure_dust

pure_dust

Posted 30 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'd personally want to see the wings pick up David Clarkson this off-season adds a little size and he's had a nice scoring touch last two seasons

#108 greghughes

greghughes
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 31 May 2013 - 04:34 PM

Nyquist is gonna be unreal. Same with Brunner

Looking for retro Ducks set!