Photo

AX1 vs CL elbows?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 HockeySavants

HockeySavants
  • LocationEast TN

Posted 17 May 2013 - 01:20 AM

I almost bought a pair of CL elbows the other day, because I couldn't find any AX1s, but now I see hockeymonkey carries both.

First of all, the CLs are legit, they weigh next to nothing and the protection is amazing, however the AX1s are somewhat clones of the Jofa/Rbk so I was tempted to get those as well.  Unfortunately I was not able to try out a pair of AX1s.

Here are the CCM Crazy Lights

IMG_4557.jpg

Warrior Dynasty AX1

product%5C201307260907066043-epax1.jpg

He shot at the 2 hole....that's what she said

#2 - M

- M

Posted 17 May 2013 - 03:42 AM

I did not like the fit of the entire U+ line.  Other than weight there was not much going for it. 

The Warriors fit more like a Lacrosse style elbow pad opposed to a Jofa and are much more mobile.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#3 maverick72

maverick72

Posted 17 May 2013 - 05:13 AM

I have a teamate that bought the CL's and he said they where all good except for the fact that he bought them since a few weeks now and the stiches are already starting to fall.  Other than that he said they where good.

#4 SSG_Beantown33

SSG_Beantown33
  • LocationGrafton, MA

Posted 17 May 2013 - 07:08 AM

Why not go 11k or 9k

65$ right now for the 11k elbos and I LOVE THEM. just my opinon, alittle more bulky but great flexibility

http://www.hockeymon...fit-11k-sr.html

#5 bluelinearmy

bluelinearmy

Posted 17 May 2013 - 09:18 AM

Been wearing the cl for a while now. In love it. Great protection even better mobility. It's a 3 piece pad opposed to the traditional two piece jofa style.

#6 liveevil

liveevil

Posted 17 May 2013 - 11:55 AM

If you're hard on your elbow straps, I would suggest against the CL's. Heard the straps can go pretty quickly

#7 gator

gator

Posted 17 May 2013 - 06:03 PM

i've been using the ax1's for about 2 weeks now, they are more mobile than the 11k's i had before and feel similar in weight. the ax1 does seem to be higher quality than the 11k's and i'm hoping the anti-odor liner helps regulate the stench. i also have old rbk/jofa elbows and would say that ax1 do indeed fit similar. haven't used the cl elbows so can't comment, but i did consider them previously.

#8 wrlittle

wrlittle
  • LocationVictoria

Posted 18 May 2013 - 10:49 AM

CLs for mobility. 

But am I the only one who thinks elbow pads today are WAY too bulky? I was at the LHS the other day and was really impressed with lacrosse style elbow pads. The way they protect the joint, then has sufficient padding the forearm and bicep. 90% of us on the board don't need armour like 11Ks or Jofa's, we're not pros.

#9 Kevin52597

Kevin52597
  • LocationPeoria, AZ

Posted 22 May 2013 - 11:45 PM

Just picked up PROJEKT's on blowout at my work. LOVE THEM