Photo

Switching to Girdle + Shell

• Please log in to reply
58 replies to this topic

#21 rbark11

rbark11
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 24 May 2013 - 06:08 PM

is this the easton synergy girdle you have?

http://www.hockeymon...-girdle-sr.html

#22 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 24 May 2013 - 07:23 PM

I have a total one girdle and I like it much more than the 9k but i would say the 9k is more protective

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#23 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

is this the easton synergy girdle you have?

http://www.hockeymon...-girdle-sr.html

mine is similar to that but has red black and like silver

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#24 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 24 May 2013 - 08:31 PM

I have a total one girdle and I like it much more than the 9k but i would say the 9k is more protective

i wouldn't 

#25 hunterphfr

hunterphfr

Posted 24 May 2013 - 10:33 PM

I'm new here, but I've been over at modsquadhockey for years. If you feel like doing some reading and research on switching to and comparing girdles, I'd highly recommend you spend a few hours over there. Use the advanced search feature and search girdle in titles only. This topic has come up numerous times and there is a wealth of information in numerous threads, opinions, comparisons, pants vs. girdle, girdle vs core pad discussions, etc. over there. Just make sure you have a few hours to kill.

#26 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 24 May 2013 - 11:10 PM

I'm new here, but I've been over at modsquadhockey for years. If you feel like doing some reading and research on switching to and comparing girdles, I'd highly recommend you spend a few hours over there. Use the advanced search feature and search girdle in titles only. This topic has come up numerous times and there is a wealth of information in numerous threads, opinions, pants vs. girdle, girdle vs core pad discussions, etc. over there. Just make sure you have a few hours to kill.

^ THIS

#27 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 25 May 2013 - 12:49 AM

If only more people were competent enough to use a forum's search feature :nono:

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#28 rbark11

rbark11
  • LocationBay Area, CA

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:08 PM

If only more people were competent enough to use a forum's search feature :nono:

I did use the search bar before I made this thread, I just didn't find anything that really answered my question

#29 Grizzly

Grizzly
  • LocationSt. Louis, MO

Posted 25 May 2013 - 02:47 PM

It was more of a general statement, wasnt singling you out :up:

NHL teams could care less that you want a pair of brand new Warrior Luxe/Franchise custom thumb loop super custom digi toilet paper soft palm with double added reinforced custom Warrior logo backhand padding gloves or a 17 flex double kreps curve upside down toe hook stick from your fav player/team. -Bakes

#3k gsdhead.gif

#30 justinS94

justinS94
  • LocationCALI

Posted 25 May 2013 - 04:47 PM

I usd to wear a 9k and now I have a pro stock Projekt. They are very different. The 9k has a form-fitting upper section and free-floating leg pads. The Projekt is form-fitting all around, more like bicycle shorts, keeping all the pads close to your body. I loved my 9k, but when I switched to the Projekt I realized how much the 9k leg pads were interfering with my stride and general mobility. It's all personal preference. Good news is that 9k shells work well with the Projekt too.

might be a dumb question but do you know if the retail projekt works with the 9k shell as well? 

#31 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 26 May 2013 - 04:28 AM

I would really like a comparison of the pro-stock projekt with the retail version. I do own several retail girdles (TotalONE, Projekt, plus unnamed Mission & a CA5  for roller), and I have a hard time imagining pros wearing any of them in full-hitting games. As hockey is not very popular we do not feature no-hitting beer-leagues, and even the lowest tier plays full-contact, sadly we didn't make the playoffs this year so I couldn't test the girdles in "battle conditions".

#32 ibeck

ibeck
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 26 May 2013 - 07:51 AM

might be a dumb question but do you know if the retail projekt works with the 9k shell as well? 

He answered that in his last sentence...

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657

#33 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:02 PM

I would really like a comparison of the pro-stock projekt with the retail version. I do own several retail girdles (TotalONE, Projekt, plus unnamed Mission & a CA5  for roller), and I have a hard time imagining pros wearing any of them in full-hitting games. As hockey is not very popular we do not feature no-hitting beer-leagues, and even the lowest tier plays full-contact, sadly we didn't make the playoffs this year so I couldn't test the girdles in "battle conditions".

That's odd.. beer league is almost exclusively non-contact.

For Sale:

#34 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 26 May 2013 - 02:29 PM

That's odd.. beer league is almost exclusively non-contact.

Sorry, didn't put the whole sentence in - "hockey is not very popular here in Austria". Forgot I didn't fill out the name field in my profile :)

#35 theflash0000

theflash0000

Posted 28 May 2013 - 12:59 PM

Yeah it works--the 9k just fits over the girdle. The only problem could be that 9k shells don't have belts you can tighten down. So if your shell is too big, it might not stay up. I added loops to my Projekt girdle so I could velcro in the shell. That solved that problem.

Check out The Hockey Locker Podcast!

Episode 7 of The Hockey Locker Podcast is now live! We discuss the latest gear news and releases, including the Bauer MX3 stick and we talk about how to deal with a hockey injury from both a mental and physical perspective. Download here! 

http://hockeylockerp....wordpress.com/

Twitter: @Hockey_Locker

hockeylockerpodcast@gmail.com

#36 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 May 2013 - 01:47 PM

I own a retail Projekt girdle and played in a scrimmage with someone who had the pro stock version. They look almost the same, but the padding is beefed up and thicker in the pro stock version (especially the thigh and hip pads).

#37 gosinger

gosinger
  • LocationAustria

Posted 28 May 2013 - 02:37 PM

I own a retail Projekt girdle and played in a scrimmage with someone who had the pro stock version. They look almost the same, but the padding is beefed up and thicker in the pro stock version (especially the thigh and hip pads).

Thank you for the update :) I was thinking about adding plastic caps to the softer inserts of the retail model, but lets see how they hold up for a few games first.

#38 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 28 May 2013 - 07:08 PM

Thank you for the update :) I was thinking about adding plastic caps to the softer inserts of the retail model, but lets see how they hold up for a few games first.

I think you'll be fine with the retail Warrior Projekt for men's league. Even if there is contact I think the protection is at least as good as most mid-level pants. I wouldn't hesitate to use mine for a contact game. With that said, I'd never use my roller girdle for ice hockey. In my opinion the Projekt should be fine for men's league contact without modification, but leave the Mission and CA5 for roller.

#39 modny123

modny123
  • LocationHamilton Ontario

Posted 28 May 2013 - 10:34 PM

One of the sickest girdles i ever tried on:

Eagle gx95

forecheck backcheck paycheque

My eBay feedback

@emodny on twitter

@emodny on instagram

Golden Horshoe Dangles Crew

#40 grnmtnvt

grnmtnvt
  • LocationBurlington, VT

Posted 29 May 2013 - 11:22 AM

Random girdle question, but I recently moved from Canada to the US and started playing hockey again after a long hiatus and noticed players with girdles and I had NEVER seen one. I played in Ontario for 14 years and I don't remember ever seeing anyone use one or one sold at any stores. I'm guessing they aren't that new or maybe not that popular at the minor hockey level?