Photo

RBK 8k shin pads

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 04 June 2013 - 06:27 PM

Did they make retail pads in white with the traditional blue (pro stock) branding
Along with the nhl silver shield , removable calf wrap ?? Or are all 7k and 8k pro stock only ??

Reason iam asking is for some reason I think I seen somebody a while back
Listing a pair and somebody informed the seller they were retail , it may have been a 6k though.

Thank you

#2 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:11 PM

They did make retail versions that look REALLY similar to the pro... same with the elbows as well. I think it went from like 3k-9k (?)

Here's a stock image below of the retail 8k I believe.

http://www.hockeywor.../products/large

#3 sierrawhiskeygolf

sierrawhiskeygolf
  • LocationT-Dot

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:44 PM

6K were retail and similar to the 7K and 8K. not pro stock but still very good pads imo. very good fit - i had a pair. different design to the 7k and 8k where only the top part of the liner can be removed from the pad, and the lower leg has a band support that goes across. i liked the 6k because it has a very low rise over the knee, no pad extension above the knee cap. 

#4 stevenm

stevenm
  • LocationBerlin

Posted 04 June 2013 - 07:49 PM

got these 2 weeks ago.

Jofa8Kshin_zpse9c0079b.jpg

The only thing they changed the following year was printing RBK instead of Jofa on them.

Compared to the 8K Pros they: - have straps that come with them

- have a different knee cap

- have an arch in the middle of the lower part

aside from that both have the thermo-moulded suspension liner. Might be interesting to know whether 8K Pros are lighter than retail 8Ks but I don't think so.

Further Info at Peranis http://www.hockeywor...product_id/4564 or at MSH RBK 2005 Catalogue

#5 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:33 PM

Thanks Shaun , link didn't work but that's ok.

Steve , yes ..... Just like that but they have rbk on them , same lines on the knee cap.

#6 akaSmall_Kitten

akaSmall_Kitten

Posted 04 June 2013 - 08:45 PM

This is the back

2eltglx.jpg

Calf wrap is removable.
They feel a tad heavier than my jofa 6070 but , I'd say that's due to the wrap as I hadn't taken them off.
They also look wider to me .

#7 ShaunJ13

ShaunJ13
  • LocationCali

Posted 04 June 2013 - 11:32 PM

6K were retail and similar to the 7K and 8K. not pro stock but still very good pads imo. very good fit - i had a pair. different design to the 7k and 8k where only the top part of the liner can be removed from the pad, and the lower leg has a band support that goes across. i liked the 6k because it has a very low rise over the knee, no pad extension above the knee cap.

I could be wrong but I do believe there are pro 6ks used in lower levels of hockey, I have a pair purchased from a team that doesn't have the vents on them like the retails do.