Boston vs Chicago - Stanley Cup Final

• Please log in to reply
115 replies to this topic

#21 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:49 AM

B's in 5 or 6. Get it done boys!

Exactly what I was thinking. Chicago is going to run themselves ragged trying to get around Boston's defence and goaltending.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#22 Hab4life

Hab4life
  • LocationSurrey BC Canada

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:17 AM

Exactly what I was thinking. Chicago is going to run themselves ragged trying to get around Boston's defence and goaltending.

Until their total collapse the Leafs were doing okay against your Bruins, I'm sure the Hawks will be able to get some offense going, Chara's only out there for half the game, not all the game. :P

#23 Mincy

Mincy
  • LocationGreensboro, NC

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:01 AM

Until their total collapse the Leafs were doing okay against your Bruins, I'm sure the Hawks will be able to get some offense going, Chara's only out there for half the game, not all the game. :P

I wouldn't call them my Bruins, haha.

But I will say that the Bruins D is +38 in this years playoffs, while Chicago's D is +20. That's a big difference (both good numbers though), but considering that Boston only allowed the Penguins, WHO LED THE LEAGUE IN GOALS FOR in regular season, to earn 2 goals in 4 games... that's why I gave Boston the edge. Boston is also averaging 3.1 goals per game while Chicago only 2.7. Crawford has the better GAA, but Rask has the better save percentage. Lastly, the Bruins have taken an average of 4 more shots per game than Chicago has this playoffs. The Hawks are really going to have to come out guns blazing to take the B's down.

Statistically the Bruins are the better team in almost every category.

Brett, I agree, Chicago will get some offense going, but I don't think they have the stamina to bring the Cup back to Chi-Town. What do I know, I sell Audio/Visual services for a living... I'm not an analyst! lol

:dunno:

*I had time to count and use math to come up with these numbers... it's a slow morning. So please, correct me if I'm wrong because I hate math.

"Speak softly and carry a big stick"  Feedback

#24 prhockey41

prhockey41
  • LocationPittsburgh, PA

Posted 12 June 2013 - 10:25 AM

Saad went to my high school before he left as a sophomore to go to the Saginaw Spirit, so I want the hawks to win. However like you guys said earlier the b's d is playing unreal. The pens came in to the conference finals with around a 4 goals per game avg in the playoffs, only to have 2 goals in 4 games. That's insane. Yeah the hawks are another good offensive team but for them to be successful I think the big players need to step up.

WTB (longshots):

• Letang, Hossa, Yakupov, Datsyuk, Duchene, Kane, Karlsson, Ovi, Vanek, Hall, Gaborik, Malkin, Crosby, Kovalchuk, Lidstrom, RNH, Tavares, Landeskog gloves
  • Eberle, Kessel, Giroux, Ovi, Iginla stick

#25 grnmtnvt

grnmtnvt
  • LocationBurlington, VT

Posted 12 June 2013 - 03:49 PM

Yea, but the Leafs series was a quite a few games ago and it takes some teams awhile to get going. I think the way Boston played against Pitts and NY is far more representative of their playoff game. They were sluggish coming into the playoffs. 

#26 DField56

DField56
  • LocationSan Jose

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:39 PM

I don't do too many of these memes, but this was just begging to be made...

c2d7b17d-7638-403f-914e-1851c5b72777_zps

Hahaha

My Feedback

Always interested in Sharks gear

#27 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:41 PM

1016148_10151630383287020_1156792647_n.j

Saw it posted all over the internet today. Figured I'd share it here too!

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#28 thinkingjack

thinkingjack
  • LocationTempe, AZ

Posted 13 June 2013 - 12:43 AM

Fucking Beautiful finish

Feel free to check out my hockey reviews, or random stuff

#29 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 13 June 2013 - 01:48 AM

Fucking Beautiful finish

:up: Yuup........... fair to say we have a war on our hands !!

Go Hawks Go !!!!!!!!

#30 dangles

dangles
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:09 AM

Chicago all the way but I think it'll be close.  

Always interested in anything that has to do with Kane or the Sens!

#31 Fooj

Fooj
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 15 June 2013 - 08:20 PM

just me or did thornton jump into that corner hit in the first period?

IG: Fooj Media

#32 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 16 June 2013 - 05:26 PM

just me or did thornton jump into that corner hit in the first period?

Looked like he jumped to me.  Should have been a penalty.  Kind of surprised me because Thornton plays a real clean game and lets his fists do the talking if he wants to get nasty.

#33 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 17 June 2013 - 09:08 PM

The flies buzzing around the overhead cameras are starting to drive me nuts.

#34 iscoredlastnite

iscoredlastnite
  • LocationLos Angeles California

Posted 18 June 2013 - 12:45 AM

does anyone know what happen to Hossa during warm-ups? He could have probably helped his team out tonight if he played

#35 Huskie94

Huskie94
  • LocationIllinois

Posted 18 June 2013 - 04:37 AM

does anyone know what happen to Hossa during warm-ups? He could have probably helped his team out tonight if he played

Something with his hamstring.

#36 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 18 June 2013 - 06:56 AM

The Bruins are hard to beat.

Go Hawks Go :D

...I wouldn't mind seeing Jagr win it tho.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#37 ken6473

ken6473

2013 and 2015 S2K Playoff Challenge Champion

• PipPipPip
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationKingston, ON

Posted 18 June 2013 - 07:03 AM

What a beauty pass by Jagr.

Sometimes I tuck my junk between my legs and pretend to be a woman if that's what you meant?

#38 Dons8

Dons8
  • Locationflagstaff, az

Posted 18 June 2013 - 01:08 PM

I'm a Habs fan and I still can't see Chicago pulling out a win, the way Boston is playing as a team and the way that Rask is playing individually. Boston is just too good defensively- similar to LA just healthier and tighter as a four-line team. 

agreed Boston is playing an unreal game. i would like chicago to win but boston is playing great hockey right now

#39 Hab4life

Hab4life

Posted 18 June 2013 - 03:52 PM

I'd still like to know why the fuck that Hawks goal wasn't allowed back in game two, it was clearly in the net and the ref 's whistle never went, pretty bush league when they can overturn a goal because he had intention of blowing the play dead but never actually did, I mean :wtf:  kinda rule is that. Is this what the game is coming to?? Huge croc a shit IMO.

Can't disagree that the bruins are playing solid hockey in every aspect of the game, the PK is awesome. As much as I hate that rat Marchand, I'd love to have him on my team.

Still early but the Hawks need the next one or their in tough me thinks.

#40 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 19 June 2013 - 10:07 PM

This is a crazy game! :eek:

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116