Connecticut Whale 2013 Equipment Sale

• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#1 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 10 June 2013 - 09:27 PM

Hey guys,

Looks like the CT Whale will be having a merchandise and equipment sale this Saturday from 10AM - 2PM at the XL Center in Hartford.

There's the potential for there to be a good amount of stuff since they are going back to the Wolfpack name and colorway next year.  I'm assuming they'll be looking to clear out most of the stuff that doesn't match that colorway.

Here's the article with the info:

http://www.courant.c...0,4289158.story

#2 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:08 PM

Should be a good sale. Note that it says cash only for the equipment. Visa/Credit for merchandise. 

Hopefully someone is going and can pick up some stuff :).

For Sale:

#3 cott1

cott1

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:18 PM

If I had to guess I would say a certain someone on this site has already acquired anything they had worthwhile...
Leave the gun, take the cannoli.

Click here to leave feedback Cott1 *NEW* Feedback Profile
Click here to view past feedback thread Cott1 *OLD* Feedback Thread

#4 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:19 PM

Who would that be? 

For Sale:

#5 Brian

Brian

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:25 PM

Heh

#6 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:51 PM

First person to come to mind is Baker, but I thought I read that he was moving on.. unless he was just joking.

For Sale:

#7 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:56 PM

I think I know who Cott's talking about...

#8 NjStarsHockey

NjStarsHockey
  • LocationNJ

Posted 10 June 2013 - 10:59 PM

WHY IS EVERY SALE JUNE 15TH!!!???

#9 Buster_D

Buster_D
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:30 PM

What other sales are June 15th?!
Pavel Datsyuk Gear or any wings gear!

Feedback- http://www.sports2k..../8903-buster-d/

#10 Bleafer

Bleafer
  • LocationVancouver

Posted 10 June 2013 - 11:33 PM

What other sales are June 15th?!

Vancouver and Toronto's are June 15th. 

For Sale:

#11 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 11 June 2013 - 05:56 AM

If I had to guess I would say a certain someone on this site has already acquired anything they had worthwhile...

This. Stuff is already on ebay.

#12 zanderman

zanderman
  • LocationNew York

Posted 11 June 2013 - 03:31 PM

Yeah saw some gloves and socks on ebay. I'm gonna try to get up there, I'm only an hour and a half away and the XL Center is pretty close to my girlfriends house.

#13 Ryangiblin

Ryangiblin

Posted 11 June 2013 - 08:43 PM

Is this even worth going to? I live a couple hours away. I don't mind making the trip but if I'm not going to be able to get a stick or 2 I'm not going to bother. I looked on eBay and all I saw for sale when I typed in 'Connecticut whale pro stock' was a pair of pants and some gloves. Any further help from you guys would be great. Thanks.

#14 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 11 June 2013 - 10:48 PM

Is this even worth going to? I live a couple hours away. I don't mind making the trip but if I'm not going to be able to get a stick or 2 I'm not going to bother. I looked on eBay and all I saw for sale when I typed in 'Connecticut whale pro stock' was a pair of pants and some gloves. Any further help from you guys would be great. Thanks.

The press release in the article says new pro stock sticks, so I would imagine there will be some there.

#15 Ryangiblin

Ryangiblin

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:57 AM

The press release in the article says new pro stock sticks, so I would imagine there will be some there.

Yeah but I'm a little turned off by people here saying somebody already beat everybody to everything. I'd be more than happy to make the trip.

Has anyone been to this before? How is the line? I've only ever gone to the NJD sale and if you aren't in line at least 6 hrs ahead of time you are living on Beat Street.

#16 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 12 June 2013 - 12:49 PM

There's really no way to know I guess...

Unless there's somebody here that did, in fact, go and buy a bunch of the gear already.

Maybe ask cthockey.  He may have gotten stuff from them already.

#17 theruz23

theruz23
  • LocationCT

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:56 PM

sucks im on call all week for work and cant make the 20min drive :(

if anyone is going and can help me out with a few things can you PM me ?

#18 JoeT

JoeT

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:01 AM

If anyone picked up one an extra one of the whale gear bags that were 25.00 and are looking to sell let me know

#19 rk5n

rk5n

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:05 AM

Just got back from it.

I can't believe the price for practice jerseys. $110 for one, $200 for two. They obviously weren't motivated to clear out the old colorway since retail and game worn jerseys were over $175. Equipment was priced well though. Some guys really lucked out with the skates they were able to get for $75

#20 NovaHands

NovaHands
  • LocationBoston, MA

Posted 15 June 2013 - 11:27 AM

Just got back from it.

I can't believe the price for practice jerseys. $110 for one, $200 for two. They obviously weren't motivated to clear out the old colorway since retail and game worn jerseys were over $175. Equipment was priced well though. Some guys really lucked out with the skates they were able to get for $75

That's ridiculous for practice jerseys. The Springfield Falcons had theirs for $35.
It must be because they assumed people would pay that for a jersey that wouldn't be available again.

What else did they have?
I couldn't make it.