Photo

Retail Canadian made Edge 2.0 jerseys - real or fake?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:17 PM

Icejerseys.com stopped selling "authentic" Reebok Edge jerseys when the crappy Indo-Edge jerseys came out. I was pretty impressed to see a big retailer take a stand against Reebok for selling garbage jerseys and claiming they were the same jerseys that players wear on the ice. On top of that they were selling them for far more than the old legit 6100 model authentics that really were on-ice quality.

I can usually tell a knockoff from a fake instantly, but these ones have me stumped. Ice jerseys now offers these Edge jerseys that are made in Canada:

http://www.icejersey... made in Canada

And this guy on eBay always has these:

http://www.ebay.com/...=item46102b6f8d

Are these legit on ice 2.0 jerseys that Reebok just stitched a neck tag into for retail purposes? I find it interesting that the eBay guy never shows the entire tag and he won't answer me when I ask where he gets them. Ice jerseys is a reputable company but their generic description (direct from Reebok I assume) sucks and says there is X-trafil material on the shoulder and elbows which is not true. It is air knit on the 2.0s. Also, their stock photo looks like the 1.0 cut.

Any experts in here that can help me out? Has anyone purchased from either of these places that can chime in on quality? Thanks.

Looking for new CCM HPTK pants - Black - Size XL

#2 - M

- M

Posted 12 June 2013 - 05:58 PM

There are legit retail 2.0 (7287) jerseys available; the only place I've seen them in person was at The Hockey Shop in Surrey, BC.  The retail 7287 is air knit like the pro stock 7287 but from what I saw the only two differences were:

- Addition of the Reebok neck tag (as you mentioned)
- Retail does not have two pieces of twill that sandwich the fight strap before being stitched onto the jersey

If your bag has wheels, you don't.

#3 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:21 PM

It's annoying that they would skimp on something so minor. I can't imagine the twill for the reinforced fight strap is that costly or difficult to manufacture...

Anyway, thank you for the info. How much did the Hockey Shop want for a blank one?

#4 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:33 PM

I've seen my fair share of Reebok authentic, on ice, pro jerseys, and have yet to come across a 2.0 with double knit polyester (i.e. Ultrafil) being used.  

Just sayin...

#threadcloser

#5 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 12 June 2013 - 06:41 PM

Yeah there definitely isn't any Ultrafil in my game issued 7287 jerseys. The only thing even close to Ultrafil is the collar material, but that is supposedly Lycratalic.

#6 Junkyard Athletic

Junkyard Athletic
  • LocationUSA

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:33 PM

Yeah there definitely isn't any Ultrafil in my game issued 7287 jerseys. The only thing even close to Ultrafil is the collar material, but that is supposedly Lycratalic.

Yeah, the collars are a poly/spandex mix, usually sublimated.

#threadcloser

#7 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 12 June 2013 - 07:47 PM

You've more or less got your answers on this year's retail 2.0

As for jerseybaron, the jerseys themselves are nice, but the customization is off.  If you're a stickler for things like that, but in my mind, those are pretty expensive to have the customization off.

file-49.jpg

This is a game-worn, but as you can see, the letters are different than jerseybaron's.  For that matter, Icejerseys has the same problem with the lettering.  Custom Crafted does the Bruins jerseys.  

I did once buy a Winter Classic 2.0 from Jerseybaron, but I sent it to Custom Crafted for customization.  It came out like this:

file-85.jpg[/URL]

and compared to a game worn....

file_zpsb4e3672d.jpg

#8 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:12 PM

Yeah I don't like jerseybaron's customization at all. Doesn't even use an air knit nameplate.

I wanted that WC from jerseybaron, but wasn't about to pay $500 for an unlettered jersey. I was going to send it to CC as well haha. Did you make him an offer just out of curiosity?

#9 Gr8erade

Gr8erade

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:17 PM

They weren't 500 when I bought mine, and I did make an offer. I don't recall much give and take, and I'm sure he's looking at bruins jerseys at a premium right now. But good luck finding a blank WC 2.0. I think that's his attitude too

#10 Fielder07

Fielder07
  • LocationNew Hampshire

Posted 12 June 2013 - 08:44 PM

Yeah I don't blame him and I'm sure I'll never come across another one, but $600 after customization...I'll buy a gamer from MeiGray with that money. (Obviously not a WC though)

#11 - M

- M

Posted 12 June 2013 - 09:41 PM

It's annoying that they would skimp on something so minor. I can't imagine the twill for the reinforced fight strap is that costly or difficult to manufacture...

Anyway, thank you for the info. How much did the Hockey Shop want for a blank one?

I'm not sure on their pricing.  I get my jerseys done through their jersey guy there (he does all of the Vancouver Giants' on-ice tribute jerseys and the BC Lions on field as well) and he was showed me a retail 7287 Oilers that he ordered in for a customer.

I believe the original Edge 1.0 only had one piece of twill at the fight strap as well.  I remember Yann Sauve was the last guy on the Canucks to wear the 1.0 when everyone else on the team switched to 2.0.  His jersey was built like retail specs minus the Reebok neck tag.

If your bag has wheels, you don't.