daveski7
  • LocationWorcester

Posted 10 June 2019 - 12:35 PM

Tighter fit than Makos? How about the forward pitch or lean? Thanks

#342 Sniper9

Sniper9

Posted 11 June 2019 - 07:08 PM

Coming from the as1 the true felt way less forward pitched. Felt neutral if anything. Both were on the same sb 4.0 holders. Took me a while to get used to the pitch of the as1, when I finally did, i decided to go back to the trues and like it better. Same steel on both so it's strictly the boot pitch that was different.

#343 rusty88

rusty88
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:50 PM

I've owned  both. I found the mako (OG version) tighter fit. There is more fwd pitch from the Mako as well.    

Disclaimer my True's have Tuuk holders with 0.5 Quad profile not sure if there is a pitch in that profile. My Mako's were stock. 

#344 rusty88

rusty88
  • LocationHamilton, Ontario

Posted 18 June 2019 - 12:51 PM

Good luck if it's been two years but they may send you the part for free but even it they charge you, I can't imagine it being that pricey. And it shouldn't be more than a couple bucks at a shop to do since it's just a copper rivet. Or you can do it yourself with a t nut or even helmet hardware.

just an update they fedex me replacements.  What a fantastic company :) 

#345 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 23 June 2019 - 06:46 AM

Great news! Its nice to hear they have great customer service.

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#346 Sniper9

Sniper9

Posted 23 June 2019 - 11:39 PM

Shipped my left skate out a week ago due to the toe cap tab that holds the Velcro breaking off.. still waiting to get them back. Hopefully this week. Interested to see how they fix it.

#347 tunamelt

tunamelt

Posted 27 June 2019 - 09:46 AM

Anyone having rivet issues after swaping Tuuk holders onto their true wheels?

Steel rivets constantly coming loose, then we swapped out for all copper hoping they would hold. now I’m popping copper rivets loose and completely blowing them out.

At this point I’m tired of skating on loose rivets and constantly having to check them and get them replaced. Might just go back to Bauer now that they’re offering customs.

D49-F24-B9-1-C65-407-F-92-AD-1-F0-D25897

So I ran into this issue awhile ago, and among the many issues were 

• the guy doing the rivets were using rivets that were too small,
  • the holders from different manufacturers don't line up 100% causing stress on the outside rivets,
  • not setting the rivets flush to the holder because the bottom of the skate is not flat like regular skates,

all of these which causes the stress of your body weight on a few rivets. The guy who finally fixed it had to JB-Weld all of the holes and then re-drill them according to the build specs for the new rivets to have something to grab onto properly.

Also I've heard from good authority that full coppers are not the best good idea, not sure why myself.

#348 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 27 June 2019 - 11:00 AM

My understanding is that copper rivets keep the holder from shifting up and down and steel rivets keep the holder from shifting from side to side. So you can use extra copper rivets, (2 on the back of each tower is common), but should have some steel rivets as well. I'm not an installation expert; that's just what I've read on various boards over the years.

#349 Wheelin89

Wheelin89

Posted 28 June 2019 - 10:59 PM

Hopefully getting this sorted out ASAP

#350 BureKovy

BureKovy

Posted 08 June 2020 - 07:13 PM

Has anyone tried the newer True 2019 boot?  Comparisons to previous models.

#351 ntwusc

ntwusc
  • LocationSouthern California

Posted 23 July 2022 - 02:15 PM

Can anyone compare sizing of TF9’s to current Bauer/CCM sizing?

#352 Monty22

Monty22

Posted 23 July 2022 - 02:47 PM

Can anyone compare sizing of TF9’s to current Bauer/CCM sizing?

Size 10 Bauer = 9.5 TF9. YMMV

#353 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 23 July 2022 - 04:51 PM

Size 10 Bauer = 9.5 TF9. YMMV

Same. Wore a number of Bauer skates in 8.5d (pre-fit system) then moved to TF9 in size 8R.

The skates should feel too small when you try them on with your toes pretty hard against the toe cap. Once you bake them, they’ll open up and fit like a glove

#354 althoma1

althoma1
  • LocationToronto

Posted 24 July 2022 - 01:39 AM

Agreed. A half size down for the TF9s vs. Bauer and you want them to feel too small before baking and break in.

As for width, I would go with R in the TF9s if you're a Fit 1, Fit 2 or use D or EE Vapors or D Supreme. If you're a Fit 3 or use EE Supreme or D or EE Nexus, go with W.

Personally, I scan as a 7.5 Fit 3 in Bauer, have 8EE Mako II skates and went down to a 7W TF9 for a roller conversion. 8W felt too big before baking, 7.5W felt perfect before baking and 7W felt too small with my toes hard against the cap. I still went with the smaller size based on what I read on forums and the Hockeyreviews.ca sizing video on YouTube and am glad I did. After baking and break in the 7W is perfect and I think the 7.5W would have been too big.

#355 VinDeez

VinDeez
  • LocationWinnipeg, MB

Posted 29 July 2022 - 09:43 AM

Looks like they have another custom offering. I wonder how much these will be compared to their traditional one.

#356 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 29 July 2022 - 03:13 PM

Looks like they have another custom offering. I wonder how much these will be compared to their traditional one.

They had them all in stock at my local Hockey Monkey when I went to try the Cat9 on. Cat 9 was $699, the mid level custom (existing shell, custom padding) was $999 I think? and the full custom (SVH) was $1,099? Or maybe it was $1,099 and $1,199. Can't recall exactly since I didn't plan on buying either

#357 alereflammam

alereflammam

Posted 29 July 2022 - 10:17 PM

I ordered the Catalyst Pro Customs. I ordered them on launch day without knowing they werent a full custom.

My feet are totally fucked - so I definitely need a proper custom skate.

Hopefully the catalysts fit as well as my old true skates.

Will update once I get them.

#358 Dasuchin

Dasuchin
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 10 August 2022 - 11:06 AM

Anyone know if the tendon guard is different on the new SVH? I got my pair in December 2019, just had the tendon guard fly off during a game last night. Never had that happen before, but I have had to replace the rivet in each skate once or twice in the time I've owned them. I'd be interested in upgrading if they fixed the tendon guard and/or if the skates are significantly lighter.

I'd be tempted to just go custom in some other skate except that the Trues just fit so well and I have zero pain at all.

#359 Mdwsta4

Mdwsta4

Posted 10 August 2022 - 03:44 PM

Pretty sure you have the option of the stiff tendon guard (TF9) or flexible tendon guard (catalyst). Believe the new tendon guards are held on by a copper rivet vs the screw they used with the TF

#360 sharks_throwaway

sharks_throwaway
  • LocationTallmadge, OH

Posted 03 December 2022 - 07:00 PM

SVH Customs, 10-day turn time.  Holders installed by Jake / GGS (of course - who else?)

JJxd7YY.jpg