Photo

True/VH Hockey skates

• Please log in to reply
400 replies to this topic

#121 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 07 April 2017 - 03:26 AM

If you get a chance, please weigh them and the Bauers. I'm interested in how much heavier they actually are and how that makes people think they're super heavy. Did you get extra impact protection or just the normal build?

I know what you mean about a well fitting skate feeling light on your feet. I like 95% of what VH is doing, but I wish they would make a few more changes to polish their design.

I suspect Bauers may feel lighter because they're taller, so they're not as dense and the balance is different. But how the weight distributes in the hands and arms is very different than how it does for the feet and legs. I could be completely off though.

#122 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 07 April 2017 - 10:53 AM

I may have exaggerated in terms of weight haha. They're by no means heavy, just heavier than my NXGs. I have the normal build, but my best guess would be that some of the materials are built to last longer than a Bauer skate. The trade-off of weight for durability is worth it for sure. 

Definitely agree with that last part. Its all about the balance. I will mention that the holders and steel are also different from my bauers, and my VH are slightly bigger. Plus the plastic toe cap probably plays a role too.

#123 BigCy76

BigCy76
  • LocationMontreal, Quebec

Posted 08 April 2017 - 11:34 AM

If it helps, I weighed one Tacks skate and one VH skate and they were both 800 grams each

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#124 flip12

flip12
  • LocationCopenhagen, Denmark

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:17 AM

Yes, it does  :agree: Thanks BigCy76.

#125 Joron

Joron

Posted 09 April 2017 - 08:19 AM

Hey guys I ordered some VH Skates, did the tracings ect... does anyone know if they re measure our tracings or just go off our own math? My conversions to millimeters is off a bit..
Thanks

#126 x-axis

x-axis
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2017 - 09:36 AM

Hey guys I ordered some VH Skates, did the tracings ect... does anyone know if they re measure our tracings or just go off our own math? My conversions to millimeters is off a bit..
Thanks

not a question for s2k. this is a message for vh. you'll save yourself the expensive shipping costs by fixing it over email/phone.

Old Buyer/Seller Feedback-http://www.sports2k....axis/?hl=x-axis

Want to buy:

Small Shells

Large Edge Practice Socks White with navy stripe 

Large Edge Practice Socks Burgundy with white stripe 

#127 Joron

Joron

Posted 09 April 2017 - 11:21 AM

Wait, so you feel qualified to determine what's an appropriate question for this forum?? Considering many here have gone through the very same process... And what about the fact that I have called VH and have yet to get a straight answer...??
Stay in your lane bro..

#128 x-axis

x-axis
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:01 PM

Wait, so you feel qualified to determine what's an appropriate question for this forum?? Considering many here have gone through the very same process... And what about the fact that I have called VH and have yet to get a straight answer...??
Stay in your lane bro..

I'm not your bro. 

If THEY have your skate measurements and are building your skates, why would you ask this forum how they would measure and fit in that situation.

I'm trying to help you. No need to be a dick.

And for your information,

I've had to go through the process of remeasuring vh skates and have them returned which is why I responded to begin with.

Old Buyer/Seller Feedback-http://www.sports2k....axis/?hl=x-axis

Want to buy:

Small Shells

Large Edge Practice Socks White with navy stripe 

Large Edge Practice Socks Burgundy with white stripe 

#129 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:11 PM

@Joron... think you may have taken that response the wrong way.

From my experience, it was a little tough getting answers from VH too. Trust them though, they will figure it all out based on sketches, shoe size, skate size and model. If they have any issues they will call you. Trust the process

There are some tricks to fixing these problems too if you happen to have any... my skates felt a bit to open in the toe box, fixed it by moving the tongue deeper into the boot. 

Worst case if you really don't like them you can't send them back for touch ups, and if that doesn't work they make you a new boot for free. 

#130 Joron

Joron

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:22 PM

I appreciate that and understand your thoughts... I'm trying to avoid sending them back my determining my original question which is "do they measure your tracings or just go by the numbers we provide". In my case, my tracings are spot on and my equations are slightly off... Surely that's a reasonable question to submit to a group of people who've been down this road... ps I've been unable to get VH to answer it..

#131 Joron

Joron

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:30 PM

PSs your the third person who've had to return them.. Trust me I want to trust the process but if I can clarify the mistake before they make it, that's just saving time.,,

#132 mziegler

mziegler
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:32 PM

That I can't answer. My ruler has mms on it so wasn't an issue for me. 

If I had to guess, I'd assume a custom skate company would double check measurements but I couldn't tell you for sure

I actually didn't have to send mine back thankfully... was able to fix everything by myself (the tongue is velcro). I definitely feel you though. Was tough enough waiting the month to get them lol.

#133 Joron

Joron

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:35 PM

I think your right! I would assume and hope yes..
Thank you!

#134 Joron

Joron

Posted 09 April 2017 - 12:36 PM

Oh, thanks for not dismissing the question!

#135 Adam

Adam

Posted 08 June 2017 - 04:45 PM

Bumping a bit of a dead thread but we'll be getting a fit location at Valiquette's source for sports in June some time for anybody that's in the Ottawa area.

#136 BigCy76

BigCy76

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:11 PM

Bumping a bit of a dead thread but we'll be getting a fit location at Valiquette's source for sports in June some time for anybody that's in the Ottawa area.

What date ? I'll try to swing by

If you're considering selling off anything Bruins, CONTACT ME FIRST !!!

Feedback

#137 Adam

Adam

Posted 08 June 2017 - 07:59 PM

I'll have more info for ya this weekend!

#138 Dupes

Dupes

Posted 10 June 2017 - 07:34 AM

Sports Rousseau Laval is also getting one!

Follow us: Instagram: http://instagram.com/sports2k_com#
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Pro-Stock-Hockey-Sports2Kcom/151010068304116

#139 puckhead24

puckhead24

Posted 10 June 2017 - 11:19 AM

That might be all I need to pull the trigger. Thanks for the info Dupes.

#140 ibeck

ibeck

Posted 10 June 2017 - 04:43 PM

When?

"When you have and you love it, you can go all the time"-Alex Ovechkin

"The difference between an amateur and a pro is that an amateur does it when he wants to do it, a pro does it because he wants to do it" -Ryan Walter

Member #657